It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If You Cant Handle the HEAT...Stay OUT of the Kitchen...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
This rant is directed towards people that make threads about nonsense and wonder why they get criticized...I have noticed recently some questionable threads that when you read them you ask yourself why am I reading this? Or where is the OPs facts or opinions,links or ideas in the thread? I have seen threads recently and I know that there has probably been countless others that people question and ask themselves WHY? The more recent ones that I have witnessed are ones that make absolutely no sense or seems that when youre reading them that it sounds like the OP has intentionaly made things up just to get noticed. I dont understand why people even bother posting things if they arent going to put the effort and research in to it or even having the post actually mean something to them before they post instead of just putting it out there to try to get their flags and stars built up. We get sucked in by flashy titles that have alot of CAPS and these...!!!!!!!!.

.It seems that some of these threads that the OP knows going into it that he or she will probably more than likely will recieve backlash from it. But they still go ahead and post things that are irrelevant or seems to be nonsense to some and then when someone calls out the OP asking where the info came from or certain other things the OP comes back at them with still no proof in hand saying this is right because I say or heard that it was. Therefore turning the thread into a cyberwar...I think its ridiculas to believe that people cant take justifiable cticism. When they know by posting some of these threads that this is what they will recieve..I also dont understand why it is so hard for these posters to take the infomation and other helpful ideas from others and return start to make better threads. Instead they brush them off and keep going the way they see fit...So just to let the few that decide to post things by just copying and pasting things and who rely on others that post in response to the OP to provide the answers that they were to lazy to actually find and put in it... STOP whining when someone calls you out or has something negative to say about your thread. Even if it were to seem that you actually spent some time with the subject your posting about, I think that backlash would be far less than what it has been..

People just like to see threads that they can learn something about and not just a title pretty much that they have to go research themselves because someone was too lazy to do so...I think threads that arent realated to breaking news should have to go through a MOD to read first and let them decide whether it should be posted or not. SO people can spend their time reading more threads that can actually be helpful or informational...Just an idea...
edit on 26-3-2011 by gdaub23 because:

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Aaaaamen.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Delete
edit on 26-3-2011 by idonotcollectstamps because: it was kind of rude

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by gdaub23

That's pretty much how I feel about programmed sheeple dabbling with conspiracy forums.

Oh wait, better go see what's new in US Political Madness...

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I would venture to say that you should stay out of the kitchen. Unless I have misunderstood your rant, we do still acknowledge freedom of speech within this forum.....

Again..if you can't handle it, perhaps it is you that should move on.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by idonotcollectstamps

this is the RANT forum I thought? It doesnt need to be what you want it to be...this is to allow us to speak our minds..and im sorry if you can, but i cant say how i feel in just a few words...im sorry if you were offended or something but im not the only one that feels this way

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by gdaub23

Well since you put it that way allow me to retort.

Two words skippy

PARA GRAPHS

L2

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by savageheart

now i have said this is the rant forum and i thought this is where i can speak how i feel? if you did read or interupted it wrong im sorry...its not me who cant handle being criticized its others im speaking of. the ones who cant...and how does making up things to start threads have anyhthing to do with freedom of speech? i never once said that people couldnt say what they want...just to put more thought into it first

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   

im sorry about that but when i get going i really dont pay attention to paragraphs or proper grammar...my bad...lol
edit on 26-3-2011 by gdaub23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by gdaub23

im sorry about that but when i get going i really dont pay attention to paragraphs or proper grammar...my bad...lol

The Enter/Return button is your friend.

S&F for your edits, thank you!

As for the subject matter, I think ATS is becoming more popular, which is a good thing and a bad thing to some people.. this means more people are waking up, more.. casual people like myself, so this isn't a tight-knit secret clubhouse, it's good more people are exposed to more alternative information, but yes this will bring some people who are less mature, or not as dedicated to denying ignorance in a reputable, well thought-out manner. People will learn from their mistakes though, but then there will be even more new people who come and make the same mistakes, the cycle of learning will continue. It's hard to say if this will have a good or bad effect in the long-run.. but it's a good thing right now.
edit on 3/26/2011 by Drezden because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Drezden

thanks much...taking critisim and fixing the problem

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
You have made the accusation that people make threads that have no meaning......I beg to pardon, as those people thought that it was important to them at the time. If you are not in tune with that which someone posts....move on, (get out of the kitchen), for it is not your kitchen to be in if you wish to not be in it.......yea?

Perhaps you will make a thread which has no meaning to me and therefore I should assume it is worthless?

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
i read about 3 lines of your thread and know what your about,u want a match of wits well cuzzin you got one,ill make it short to make my point to save ammo but im not your enemy,alot of people use this forum to vent as a healthy nonviolent way to get their frustrations and concerns out,i dont wanna compare it to an AA meeting but it all our right to remain anonomous to voice our voice when sometimes our voice isnt heard,its not that we cant take the heat,belive me ive taken more heat then you can dream of,its that we come here to have a voice,period!!.....and if you think refutes and debates are genuine beefs then you are a highschool youtubey brat at best,grow up and get with reality,were a close knit group here even though we differ at times but we share a common close knit bond,we are humans with firey feelings

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Drezden

Agreed the reason is we are growing and the old pants just don't fit so we get all cranky that we can't tie our shoes and it ia all hard to breathe, oh and ATS is having the same prob too.

Seriously with growth comes more diversity and that is always a good thing.
People will never perfectly mesh and opinions will always differ.
But I'd say i would sit down and enjoy a beer with anyone on this forum, even folks who i disagree with.
(Beer subject to age requirements)
But all in all be a duck and let the crap run off yer back and keep the cool.

edit on 26-3-2011 by g146541 because: cuz i r a pruffessiunel spellar.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by CUJOCREEP

I understand people wanting to speak their mind and wanting their voice heard. Nothing wrong with that. But when that person isnt just trying to be heard but purposely post threads to get noticed and to try to up their flag and star counts its a little ridiculous. im sorry that people dont want to be suckered in to read nonsense and waste their time on what someone is making up or trying to take away from another thread to try and recieve the credit for it and then when their thread gets closed because there are countless others posted before it, they get all mad about it. Thats what the search area is for but they seem to ignore it. i personnally think that this is done so that the people with the other threads that actually put thought and time into theirs can get cheated from people who like to copy and paste

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by gdaub23

You are correct, but if i see a useless post i do not star or flag it, i generally do not reply unless i see absolute lies.
Then i ask for proof, this can expose fools and schills.
Simple, just don't S&F em.
The system is pretty much useless anyway after you get your first couple of thousand points.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by gdaub23

ive posted some real # that meant alot to me on here and some got deleted some only got a couple responses,and they were bad ass rants in my opinion, but i dont get cheez dicked about it i just keep posting i know how i feel and tell it like it is in real life anyways,i just enjoy even a single reply,as long as i get one it makes a world of difference and i appreciate every opinion and debate,even if they dont agree with me i love it because its an engagement in real talk

new topics

top topics

join