It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turn off all your lights! It's Earth hour!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I lost power for 4 days, I had to throw out frozen foods and refrigerated foods which had spoilt due to loss of power.
My earth hour lasted 100 hours, this did not make me feel good knowing that I helped the planet, I did not feel good knowing that fresh fruit and vegtables where at least 1 week away. I did not feel better knowing that food prices would again rise.
we lose power all the time, maybe those living in big cities who scream if they lose power for 30 minutes may feel good about turning off the lights for 1 hour, but I bet power was still running in their house.

forget earth hour, turn off all power for 4 days and see just how good that makes you feel.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Earth day is only for a few hours

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by XxRagingxPandaxX

shouldn't a day be 24 hours?
earth hour is just 1 hour.

Still believe it is just to make people feel good about themselves who will fall back into past bad habits the next day.

even if a smoker stops smoking for one hour doesn't stop them from being a smoker.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Did you all see the thread about all the plastic in the ocean? Whooo,I might be on the right track after all...next year, let's set aside an hour to pick up litter, especially plastics! Surely that is a meaningful gesture even if it's only in a "every little bit helps" way. I haven't done my trash gathering yet, by the way. I've got a sore throat starting up. No biggie, I'll get to it during the weekday when I usually get out with my dog. Then I'll get less curious stares from the neighbors. It's funny, when you go out wearing work gloves and pick up trash, far from everyone think you're doing something commendable, they think you've strayed from a chain gang!

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SheeplFlavoredAgain

Ha ha actully I just saw that thread, I'm amazes at the human race. How ignorant we are.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
it's daylight here, the point is moot. go turn off your computers.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by XxRagingxPandaxX
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Why? This helps everyone who participates....

What would benefit everyone is educating themselves about the energy business, it's corruption, and how to do away with dirty nuclear power, and corrupt individuals who destroy the planet for profit. In one cubic foot of airspace exist enough energy to power a city for 100 years.

Anyways I got my solar light running so no need to turn it off, because the energy supplied is free from the sun and stored in capacitors, although my computer is eating 850w..

Until we do away with this ->
www.fas.org...
We will be at the mercy of the oil mongers and the people who sell energy

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Earth Hour = retarded publicity stunt.

If you really want to help the environment, buy used whatever so you avoid contributing to industrial production.

And it takes energy to make candles. Duh.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Earth Hour = retarded publicity stunt.

If you really want to help the environment, buy used whatever so you avoid contributing to industrial production.

And it takes energy to make candles. Duh.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by jaden_x

I agree, I am not doing this so the elite will get more of our resources. These people do not want us average folk to have any of the resources and see us as useless eater. This global warming scam is really about control and population country. They want us as serfs while they enjoy all the resources to themselves. This is how our future going to look if we don't fight these tree huggers and elites that want to lower our stander of living in the name of the green movement. Is say if you can afford it, leave all your lights on so these monsters don't get our resources since they never pratice what they preach like Ted Turner's huge house that has a huge footprint.
www.infowars.com...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join