It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

London shops attacked as 250,000 protest spending cuts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

London shops attacked as 250,000 protest spending cuts

www.thestar.com

LONDON—Protesters clashed with police in London as hundreds of thousands of people, including public- sector workers and students, demonstrated against Britain’s deepest public spending cuts since World War II.

Demonstrators in the Oxford Street shopping area threw paint and light bulbs filled with ammonia, said a Metropolitan Police Service spokesman.

Windows were smashed and nine people were arrested, according to the police.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

The U.K. coalition government plans to tackle a £146 billion ($235 billion) budget deficit with cuts that will cost more than 300,000 public sector jobs over four years.

That is a massive job cut. However, this seems to be the direction where a lot of the countries (mostly western hemisphere) are heading. Massive deficits, huge loss of jobs/employment and loss of manufacturing industry - seems to be a common theme.

I'm on the fence about this. On one hand, I'm glad that people are standing up for their rights but on the other hand, difficult decisions have to be made for the long term sustainability.

Thoughts?

www.thestar.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Ph0en1x

I have A thread Here About This Is You Want To Take A Look . www.abovetopsecret.com...

Peace

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by johngtr

Thank you for providing the link. I appreciate it.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
This is just the pre-show appetizer.

You can take that to the bank.

top topics

join