It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anne's agony: Battered, kicked and stabbed, the desperate plight of Britain's last circus elephant

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
The good thing is that I do believe that with the video out there, Anne's life is going to change for the better. Thank God someone finally got in there and set up the video so there is evidence. I do believe the British people will push until this wrong is righted, and I hope and pray the guy beating the animals gets jail time.

I just hope Anne gets some happy years at the end of her life, hopefully with others of her kind, to make up for the suffering she has had to endure.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I'm not saying their attacks were justified, but one persons comment on the video says

"i use to work in the circus we had 3 african elephants. the thing is they are not actually beating the elephants what they are doing is purely medical. because our climate in the uk is colder than than africa the elephants can sometimes get nerve damage in the skin in some areas(im told it also happens with rinos). this can kill the elephant unless the nerves are woken up

i wont defend chaining them up. elephants are amazing creatures and should be treated with respect"

I'd prefer this persons take as opposed to the purely abusive one.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Raelsatu

The ability of a human being to delude themselves never ceases to amaze me. Or this is just another attempt to troll. So in the video when he hits the ponies, and spits on the camel, what does your animal loving friend say that does to benefit the animals?

Please, enlighten us as to how that is good for the animals too.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

This has nothing to deal with deluding myself, and please don't use the word "troll" as if it makes you seem intelligent or intuitive in any way. On the contrary it does the opposite, especially considering my post was not even close to doing so. I was asking if the guys comment about elephant nerve damage was valid or if it was BS...as I said I'm not justifying their actions, and I do think abuse of any kind is terrible. Forgive me for not going into a complete "e-rage" like you and then considering myself accomplished.
As for a guy spitting at a camel...??Yea I don't really consider that "horrendous".

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   

It didnt seem to me to be phrased as a question. It seemed to me like a statement.
"I'd (which means I would) prefer to take this guys..............."

If you would prefer to take that guys version of events, how do you explain the violence towards the horses? The camel? Do their nerves also need to be "woken up?"

Honestly? I dont see how anyone could watch the video and make an honest statement that the guy might be trying to help that elephant. THATS why I suspect you are just trolling. And if you didnt watch the video, then you are completely attempting to delude yourself by ignoring objective evidence, a video, for a ridiculous statement by someone in a comment section. Did you google to see if thats the case? If elephants nerves need to be woken up by hitting them with pitchforks? No?

Then dont complain when people suspect you of trolling or being delusional for making statements that are so outside the bounds of reasonable no normal person would make them.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Amen!

Life, in all forms, has become so cheapened, so commodified. While many in the world today would like to say they follow the teachings in their Bible, they surely have corrupted the word "dominion" for their own selfish liking. They have corrupted the teaching to "have dominion over".

People often interpret the word dominion as being similar to domination. Those that interpret it this way see the earth as having a lower status than people, and existing only for our own use. Another occurrence of "dominion" clarifies its meaning in terms of a king's responsibility to serve his people (Psalm 72). A king's role is not to dominate over others, but is to care for and protect those in his care.

source

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
...This video has made me very angry, that poor elephant...I hope that she is taken away from the circus, and the people who mistreated her punished,

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Ok let me clarify then, for you. I was trying to communicate that I'd prefer that they were hitting the elephant to prevent nerve damage, not just because they're abusive pricks. And honestly, did you even read my post? I said the violence in general is not excusable; towards the horse for example--- but inquired specifically about the ELEPHANT. Can you read? My OP was a 2 sentence text and you couldn't just reply without making a sarcastic mockery of my apparent "delusion"; The fact that you'd try to turn something simple into an over-exaggerated ordeal filled to the brim with snarky goodness, makes you sound extremely irrational and insecure. You may be delusional yourself, seeing as you suspect anyone and everyone who doesn't contribute to your threads with the appropriate rage-filled rant, as a troll. Hey you could've just answered my first post and said 'yes' or 'no'. Would that have been so hard!??

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I would encourage anyone in the UK to write to their local MP's about this. Animal circuses are already banned on a local level by some boroughs and we should be extending it as much as we can

You can see lists of some of the boroughs that ban them here and you can find the address to write to your MP here

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
When I was an ignorant child of 6 my father took me to the local circus (think it was Chipperfields) Anyways, you could pay extra to visit the animal pens. I vividly remember that the 4 or so elephants they kept, had barely enough room to turn around in their individual pens...which onbiously were part of a trailer for transportation purposes. Their trunks were pleadingly poking out of the cages and for some reason I did feel traumatised.

What I fail to understand is WHY circuses still exist...after all, I know the romany culture has to make a living but are they qualified to look after animals such as this in captivity? The answer is clearly NO! It's like putting a child in charge of a control tower in an airport...The two just don't go together....and if this so called Circus has been 'inspected' for animal welfare then there's something very wrong with the laws of animal welfare. I say absolutely BAN ALL CIRCUSES they are victorian, barbaric and it's time people made a stand and refused to go to them.

I would love it if Anne was now rescued to live out the rest of her life even if in a Zoo (which I also don't agree with but that's another story) but at least she might have more normality- Where's Rula Lenska when you need her? she was an avid campaigner for elephants!!...I implore you all in UK to get her taken away from that monster who owns the circus....Nice to see he got a publicity shot with her just to make eveything look ok...Wonder when that was taken?...Unfortunately , I live in Canada and what I would do to that guy is unprintable...However I would be in a long queue...Good luck to you all for trying to get Anne away from those monsters if you can!..He thinks he's untouchable but theres video proof...Please RCSPCA....step in
Love from an angry Jools xxx

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Lol. Upset much?

Dont get all mad at my snarkiness. Get mad at the person who posted a comment that elephants nerves need to be awoken by beating them, and get mad at the person who didnt notice the guy beating all the other animals in that video and get mad at the person who didnt take the time to write more than two lines.

Im not going to apologize for being hostile to anything resembling a defense of that guy. Not going to happen. His actions are indefensible. And while I believe you that your post was not intended to be a defense, you are still responsible for the inadequacy of it. You could have taken the time to be more clear, AND, and this is just a general hint in life, CHECK PEOPLES CLAIMS.

Is it reasonable to believe you need to beat an animal to wake up its nerves due to climate? Unsure? Maybe it is, maybe not? Google it. We need to be just a tad more proactive when it comes to information, people. One of the reasons the world is swirling down the toilet right now is because people just cant be bothered to check to see if something someone else says is true or not, and politicians and advertisers are banking on that.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander

You could have taken the time to be more clear, AND, and this is just a general hint in life, CHECK PEOPLES CLAIMS.

Is it reasonable to believe you need to beat an animal to wake up its nerves due to climate? Unsure? Maybe it is, maybe not? Google it. We need to be just a tad more proactive when it comes to information, people. One of the reasons the world is swirling down the toilet right now is because people just cant be bothered to check to see if something someone else says is true or not, and politicians and advertisers are banking on that.

Sorry but I am not understanding the point you're trying to make here!!
FACT: These animals should be in some sort of environment they were purposefully bred to be in. Claims or not...truth of the matter is Circuses are Victorian by nature, barbaric. I don't care about truths , claims whatever..or what Google says...get real!!!!!.it is FACT that these animals should not be there IN THE FIRST PLACE to be paraded, beaten, entertainment for our greedy selves...Like I said in my last post...I've seen it first hand....
Are you saying that behind the tent there's a paradise in which these animals have everything at their beck and call?...freedom to roam in their particular environment?...others for company? (Anne certainly hasn't)
What are you on?...you are almost defending these people...why?...You certainly have missed the point about welfare and rights of animals?...doh?.....Is it right a tiger, lion, performing elephants and dogs wearing tutus...should be shuffled about the country- in appalling conditions and should be grateful they have a meal?

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Jools

Jools? The most intelligent thing you said in that whole post was that you do not understand.

Meditate on that.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

well you are the one thats contrary in your post love x

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
It's just your last paragraph is inciting doubt...and the fact that we should check facts....
sorry but your english reads very bad in that last paragraph...it doesn't make sense... I taught English and I know when something doesn't read as it should...I apologise if your intention was somewhat different...but that's not how it reads back.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

...So in the video when he hits the ponies, and spits on the camel...

Sorry friend, what video are you talking about, i think i have lost that one some how!
Can you please point me the link if possible?
Thank you in advance

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Umbra Sideralis

Its the video at the very bottom of the article linked to in the OP.

If you have already watched it and didnt notice him hitting the other animals, pay attention to a highlighted circle in the back ground behind Anne when the guy is walking around back there. They highlight it so you can see better at that distance.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   

reply to post by Umbra Sideralis

Its the video at the very bottom of the article linked to in the OP.

If you have already watched it and didnt notice him hitting the other animals, pay attention to a highlighted circle in the back ground behind Anne when the guy is walking around back there. They highlight it so you can see better at that distance.

Thank you very much friend.

Yes , some how i just pass over that detail. Checking again asap

I think i was so chocked looking to the elephant that i just dont noticed

* omg,,, i checked already. Just horrid. How it's possible that no one in that circus never noticed how that guy dealed with the animals before!!
*Sarcasm*- Maybe the ponies and the camel needed to be spanked also due to some nervous skin problem! i would love also to perform a "full skin treatment" to that guy!...

edit on 28/3/11 by Umbra Sideralis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
after watching that vid this is just instant gratification

POW!!!
edit on 28-3-2011 by dude69 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join