It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tripoli Shock: Minders Snatch 'Rape Victim'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Tripoli Shock: Minders Snatch 'Rape Victim'

news.sky.com

A shocking scene occurred in Tripoli on Saturday when a gun was pointed at Sky News after a woman tried to tell foreign journalists about being raped and tortured by Libyan officials.

A visibly very distressed woman burst into the breakfast room of the hotel where we are staying and attempted to speak out about an ordeal at the hands of Gaddafi supporters.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: BAN Instructions: Copy The EXACT Headline

edit on 3/26/2011 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I am visibley shaken with anger here. What do other members make of this? Porpaganda by the western media. Or this is what Gadaffe is really doing to his people. Completely digusting to say the least.

So much for Gadaffe showing that his people love him. And you an see,monder tackling journalists trying to get footage out. But begs the question. How come the Sky Reporter was able to show it? What made her footage different from the others whom were attacked.

news.sky.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 26-3-2011 by Laurauk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I am adding some images of the Fmale invovled.

Minder trying to stop the woman from talking.

Another image of Minders trying to cover her mouth, to stop her from speaking.

Links didnt work will have to upload the images to my media centre on ATS then add the images.
edit on 26-3-2011 by Laurauk because: Trying to fix links

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I just saw this on sky news....its shocking!!
The poor woman is probably dead....the government say she is alive and well, but after watching the footage i find it highly doubtful.

Even the waiters join in...throwing a jacket over her head and hitting her. DISGUSTING!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I saw this on the news earlier and being honest I am not supprised that this has happened in Libya at the moment, Gaddaffi certainly does not care about the people of Libya and with his henchmen roaming the streets for so called "rebels" they are simply going to take this as a free for all to do whatever they want.

Bloody animals.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

S & F.

If that woman was acting, she should get an Academy award. It's real.

There have been too many reports over too many decades of the same thing happening to others. Libya's regime is among the most brutal in the world to its own citizens. Gaddafi said he'd do whatever it took to remain in power.

The Skynews crew probably switched cartridges or chips in the confusion; notice around 1:35 into the video there is a break and then they are outside. I think that break is when they swapped "film".
edit on 26-3-2011 by mydarkpassenger because: speeeling

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Seems like propaganda. As long as they keep putting out footage like this, the general populace won't feel compassionate when they start to bomb the crap out of the country and steal it's resources. All that commotion over one woman seems a bit fishy, especially if it was just to say "they raped me and Gadaffi is a big meanie head." Why is it always rape? Wasn't there a reporter a few days ago claiming the same thing happened to her?
I just have a hard time believing that all of Gadaffi's men are a bunch of rapists. It's too easy to play that card and prey on people's sympathies.

/shrug
edit on 26/3/11 by AdamsMurmur because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
She seems genuine.

I feel for her and other victims of this crazy regime.

I think this IS what Gaddafi is doing to his own people.
'Course this is not all he has done - like all good old tyrants, he can also show some good results in the past.

While I am generally critical of latest Western coalitions against the likes of Hussein (suspicious of their oil- or geopolitically based motives), I have followed the news on Libya and I think the rebellion started innocently on the wake of the other uprisings in the Arab world.
They should be supported fully by the world.
Even then we will only discover afterwards what horrors were happening.
And in the meantime, Gaddafi's people tried to send a shipload of printed money from England.

Imagine that.

You and I may only need a handful of banknotes to help out for the rest of this year.

He can give kilograms of banknotes away to thugs and monstzers to terrorise his own people - especially
people from other tribes and subcultures.

This guy is a crazy tyrant like Ceausecsu of Romania was and the rest of them...

Except, he has about a MILLION times more money...

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
And, I grew up in a Communist state - I know what mind control the waiters are under.
They think the world of Gaddafi who is like a father figure to them - this is how the psychology of tyranny works.

Anyone who says theis is propaganda - sorry, but have you really experienced what it is like to live in a totalitarian state?
All this is just too real for anyone who has seen people coming out from the shadow of tyranny.

And yes, it is always rape. On top of powerlessness, they usually do that.
Henchmen and "minders" (what an orwellian word) are usually male. Just do a search on Djamila Boupacha from Algeria during the revolution against the French colonial power.

I can understand where they come from and it is compeltely unacceptable politically and psychologically.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Clarification: I understand where these "minders" come from and...ú

(I inserted another sentence already and did not notice the grammatical subject change...)

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by AdamsMurmur

Why always Rape? Because it's the easiest 'weapon' males can use. To show they're in power, they rape women. Systematically rapings of women is a normality in war. It happened everywhere, all the time. It would be surprising if Gaddafi and his men don't make such things and take "advantages" and do such horrible things.
IF you really believe, this ia propaganda video with actors you're either very naive and think things as rape don't happen or just *snip* stupid.

The Video looks very reall, you can't fake such emotions and besides, i don't wanna know how many women got raped in Lybia since Gaddafi is in charge. It's the same as with the other Bastard Hussein in Iraq.
Those crazy sons of bitches just need to die.
edit on 26-3-2011 by gallopinghordes because: please don't circumvent our censors.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
It did happen in Egypt too, remember the US female reporter? This is very worrying for a planet designing processors with 12 cores or sending satellites into orbit. I remember it was a thread on ATS about similar situations happening in Sweden, where north-African ethnics appear to rape Swedish women or even children. The thread was removed immediately , however the warning remains - the culture in certain areas of the globe is way behind! Lets just hope a new wave or Renaissance will happen soon..

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
This is just outrageous. I've been watching this story unfold on CNN.

Another news source for this is here:

Libyan Woman Escapes Capture to Tell Foreign Press of Her Gang Rape

It's unreal how brutal Gadhafi's own forces are, they appeared to be so desperate to shut her up they beat her in front of all those cameras and then throw her into a black-bag and haul her away.

I hope human rights organizations are paying attention to this, this woman is going to need some serious help.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Romanian

That story was shown like the Jessica Lynch story( scripted by jerry brukhiemer ) to be wildly exagerated to say the least..
so this one is too

what you thought a no fly zone ment no trousers?

like the babies from incubators story in kuwait that turned out to be a payed for lie made for the US government by a jewish owned PR company

the comunistt dictators funded and put into place by the SAME bankers ATTACKING LIBYA
where the rebels are alCIAduh

oh yeah rape in the northlands
yeah like assange

Israel and companie like DYNCORP
are the leaders in the slave sex trade
look it up
not to mention their treatment of innocents
no no fly zone there
my god

ps did you see the video posted here the other day where a dumb $$ woman went ape in a restaurant and the staff jumped her and called the cops
in AMERICA

edit on 26-3-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Total propaganda.. laughable.

If a democrat rapes a woman, was she violated by an "obama supporter", or one of his "henchmen".. lol does it also mean obama doesn't care about his people?.. heh.. maybe to a GOP clone it does.

Mentioning gaddafis name in regard to every crime is getting a little silly, whats next?.. "child carrying puppy killed in x-walk, a blatant hit & run by gadaffi henchmen and a sure sign gadaffi hates puppies.. a rebel leader, fighting for justice & freedom from evil gaddafi, was quoted as saying he adores puppies and gaddafi is known to bite the heads off kittens and gaddafi is a notorious litterbug too"

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Obviously some of our more misogyny-inclined illiterate members need to learn to read a story or view the video before commenting. The woman was beaten by the Libyan security forces in a hotel lobby after she burst in a gathering of reporters. If this was all propaganda then what provoked such a harsh reaction?

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
Obviously some of our more misogyny-inclined illiterate members need to learn to read a story or view the video before commenting. The woman was beaten by the Libyan security forces in a hotel lobby after she burst in a gathering of reporters. If this was all propaganda then what provoked such a harsh reaction?

Walk into the restaurant down the street from here and make a scene, you'll be bounced out by 2 out of work actors.

You can't even stand silently in America without having obama & clintons henchmen, er "American security forces", kick your ass:

"Ex-CIA Analyst Ray McGovern Beaten, Arrested for Silent Protest at Clinton Speech"
www.democracynow.org...
"Ray McGovern was violently ejected from the audience and arrested after he stood up and turned his back in a silent protest..."

Gee, I hope this poor guy isn't being detained at GITMO by henchmen thug security force torturers!! OMG where is the international community?!.. this is an outrage!! NO FLY ZONE over America NOW!!!! this old gentlemen is in need of help, counseling and a warm hug!!.. lol

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by GovtFlu

What does that have to do with this woman's plight? Was Ray McGovern raped by capitol police? Was he held for 2 days being beaten and raped? She was, and the instant she tried to get her story out Gadhafi's security forces, the ones she claimed abducted her and raped her, attacked her and threw her into a black hood and made her disappear.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
This whole thing is sick.

It doesn't matter if it's fake or real. It's sick. And once again we're right on in there whacking one side or the oth....oh wait a minute, it's a NATO/UN operation. Never mind. I'm sure democracy will reign just like in Egypt.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
OK let's assume this was real, which I have my doubts...

So what if Gaddafi's men raped her? It's not like Gaddafi himself ordered it. You know what happens to would be psychopath rapists that go through boot camp? They turn into actual rapists. Boot camp takes the fear away and desensitizes you. This is common throughout all militaries of the world during conflicts. This is nothing new.

The reason they are making such a big deal over this, is because it is pure propaganda. This is their opportunity. To the low commanders, this looks like an opportunity to thwart Al Qaeda from taking control of the middle east. For the high ups, this is just one more step that brings them closer to world domination. The military has realized from the get go it cannot win this from the air, and it needs to send in ground troops. This whole bomb bomb bomb, we're heading home crap is just another lie in a very long list of lies.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join