It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-ANALYSIS: Watchdog Group Sneaks Fake WMD past US Border "Security"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 09:11 PM
link   
The American Border Patrol, an independent group that is concerned with the security on our borders, claims to have successfully brought a fake weapon of mass destruction across the Mexican-American border near Arizona without being detected.

www.azcentral.com
Associated Press
Jul. 22, 2004 08:44 AM

TUCSON - A border watch group claims it successfully sneaked into the United States carrying a fake weapon of mass destruction.

American Border Patrol spokesman Glenn Spencer told the Arizona Daily Star the test was intended to show how easy it would be for terrorists to sneak deadly weapons across the border.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This is quite a shock. With the measures supposedly taken by the Department of Homeland Security to help make America safer by taking away freedoms of citizens, it appears to have completely neglected taking freedoms away from non-citizens by protecting our borders.

Is America safer than it was in September of 2001? If something like this can go occur, it may be safer, but not by much.

Related News Links:
kvoa.com
www.fox11az.com

[edit on 22-7-2004 by Banshee]

df1

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Despite having spent billions of dollars on the "drug war" to keep illegal drugs from crossing the border, the government has failed. We don't have a "wmd war" to keep wmds out of the country, so I am not surprised it is easy to import WMDs.

Here's a thought, why don't we take all those drug warriors and use them to keep WMDs out of the country. It might actually make us all more safe.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I agree with your assessment on the border problem, let us face facts here, one of the first things our government HAS to do is secure our borders, be it armed marshals or National guardsmen, to prevent further attacks within our borders we must first eliminate the possibility that any possible attackers can waltz across the Mexican or Canadien border.

Will it ruffle feathers? Of course but ruffling feathers is nothing compared to the potential terrorist actions which could end up killing countless more Americans.

Any country who doesn't understand this shouldn't be trusted in the first place.

Seal our borders first then the government can systematically hunt down the leads it has and investigate in an organized pattern where progress can be achieved, not the "spinning of wheels" scenario we have seen since 9/11.

Another thing, the oversensitivity to Muslims is also hindering the efforts to root out the terror cells and it should stop also. The Muslim-Americans, if they are against the actions of the terrorists need to Stand Up and say so loudly and clearly so that all Americans' know where they stand. Saying nothing or trying to blame Zionism is not good enough, either they strongly agree or they strongly disagree with the terrorists actions, plain and simple there is no gray area here and we should not be afraid to say it.

df1

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn
I agree with your assessment on the border problem, let us face facts here, one of the first things our government HAS to do is secure our borders, be it armed marshals or National guardsmen...

Unfortunately rather than protecting America, a whole bunch of national guardsmen are half way around world stealing oil when they should be at home protecting borders, inspecting incoming air/sea cargo, guarding nuclear facilities and securing other hazardous material.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 12:08 AM
link   
There's no threat to the US except the ones the US government makes. That's why they aren't blowing money on homeland security and deploying the national guard 8000 miles away. The government is not concerned with border security, which means they're not worried about infiltrators as a threat to national security. Why would the US government be interested in tighter border security? It just means that the next time they want to use foreign operators to conduct terrorism within the United States they would have another level of interlopers.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by taibunsuu
There's no threat to the US except the ones the US government makes. That's why they aren't blowing money on homeland security and deploying the national guard 8000 miles away. The government is not concerned with border security, which means they're not worried about infiltrators as a threat to national security.

The reason there is no action at the border is because the government is infatuated with Mexicans. It has little, if anything, to do with moslems, or terrorism, or anything related. One party wants votes, and the other wants cheap labor. Neither wants the American population to get we've asked for.

As for the Canadian border, the government is just plain too stupid and lazy to worry about growing fanatical moslem populations congregating to the north.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Well the way I see it,

we don't need to build a wall like Israel, we need to use the National Guard to do what they are supposed to!!!! Guard our Nationality!

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I am orinally from El Paso and Las Cruces. I know it's easy to cross the border with almost anyting. I too am not happy with how we are dealing with the problem. I am in Virginia now and see more illegals here than when I was in the Southwest 10 years ago. I don't know about you guys, but if I was Al Quieda and from the Mideast I would try to be a Mexican. We are still giving illegals drivers licenses. What does that say?

We need to go on the offensive hard and fast take theres bugs out!!!!!! Seal the perimeter with pesticide!!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 08:06 AM
link   
If the US wasn't paying so much attention to thier foriegn affairs they could be buffing up thier borders, now im not pointing the finger straight at the US because Canada does take a very soft approach to border security as does Mexico. I guess the point im trying to make is that maybe a joint task force involving the three countries should be organized and border patrols secured according to talks and diplomacy rather then finger pointing

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Almost anything would be better than what we have now. Sealing the borders would be the first thing. Next, we need to take Iran and Syria out. The best defence is a offense which keeps the pressure on. We didn't play Mr. Nice Guy during WWII, why should we play any different now. Axis of Evil States/ terrorist enablers are the enemy. They should be treated accordingly.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Woah. A lot of intelligent comments here

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Yesterday I went into an AM/PM convience store located in Murrieta, Ca. and asked the store clerk for driving directions. I was told in broken English no understand English. What the hell is going on in our own Nation? Who are the real Americans in California?
We the U.S. and the Mexican government are the true enablers of importing terriorist. My case is more than racial or discrimination in nature, it borders on domestic terriorism.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 11:34 AM
link   
The cost to build stations and/or towers along the border and man them would eventually be offset by the money saved policing the points of interest of illegal terrorists. I have no problem with people wanting to come to the US but they should play by the rules and get here legally. The illegals that are here, whether dangerous or not, should not be given immunity. They should be shipped out. They've already shown that they will break the law when it is to their personal benefit.

The only other problem is the waterfront borders. I'm not sure how secure those could be made.

Stop the illegals coming in, but continue to let the fugitives out. It's simple.

[edit on 23-7-2004 by SpamBurger]

new topics

top topics

join