It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Area 51 is nothing why aren't we allowed to see it?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
If Area 51 is nothing why aren't we allowed to see it and know what is in it? Everybody already knows the government of the United States of America is hiding something from the world, but what? well I think it's more than just aircraft, maybe spacecraft and stuff like that, possibly nuclear weapons?
edit on 2011/26/3 by misterbananas because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by misterbananas
If Area 51 is nothing why aren't we allowed to see it and know what is in it? Everybody already knows the government of the United States of America is hiding something from the world, but what? well I think it's more than just aircraft, maybe spacecraft and stuff like that, possibly nuclear weapons?
edit on 2011/26/3 by misterbananas because: (no reason given)

An Alien body.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by DIDtm

Then aren't they kind of stupid for puting a big base in the middle of no where? why not just make a random hole in the middle of nowhere with a disquised road, that leads to an underground base? someone didn't think this through

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Where did you get the idea that Area 51 was nothing? A few years ago our own Secretary of Defense said we have a base out their for advanced testing and sorry, but it will remain secret. The government has admitted that it exists. It has stated more or less what it does. What else is there?

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by misterbananas

Almost everyone knows America has nuclear weapons, so they wouldn't bother using a place like area 51 to hide them. My best bet is they are experimenting on animals and humans, cloning things of that nature. It is rumored they are hiding aliens there. But since i don't believe in aliens, i think it's more of human experimentation.

I'm pretty sure there have been documentaries about what goes down in area 51, you can look into that

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

but I thought they said it was only an airbase?

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
It's probably just an area for advanced military research; black ops or whatever they're known as these days
edit on 26/3/2011 by Griffo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
This is ATS. The very nature of its existence is the quest to know (among other things) what our government is hiding from us. But here's the nub of it: Even if someone here had a complete answer to what Area 51 is, and even if they expressed it clearly and with as much documentation as it would take to prove it in any reasonable forum, there'd still any number of other members questioning their sources, accusing them of disinfo, engaging in ad hominem attacks, generally putting their entire argument into as much disarray as possible--and, oh yeh, correcting their grammar and spelling.

So even if we knew, we still wouldn't know--if you get my meaning....

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Reply to post by misterbananas

Just because it's not UFOs doesn't mean the government doesn't have important stuff there. Newsflash: yes, our government does have legit reasons for keeping things secret sometimes.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
My take on Area 51 is that there are definately top secret prototype ships that are being built and most of these crafts are what we mistake as "alien" crafts. They are correctly, however still UFOs to the layperson. Using Moores Law, take technological advancements as early as the 1940's and double them every 6 months........you can only imagine what we can secretly do behind closed doors nowadays. It has been made public that we have created an invisibility field (albeit very crude versions..........for now...)
Now, why so secret? Well there could be a few reasons. First, and probably more obvious would be that we dont want this kind of technology used in the wrong hands. They are, more than likely, military based ships. Second, perhaps, they are made to protect us. We cannot exclude the possibility of alien invasions and have t o ready ourselves "just in case". Hawking himself stated that not all possible alien life out there is friendly.
Just my thoughts. Star and flag, sir.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Quite possible with the nukes.....i believe round 19 nukes have been tested out there in the desert....I used to live very close to area 51 when i was a kid.....other than wierd lights at night not much went on...although both brother and father have stories of ufo's ours or another planets....lol no clue which... but yes im sure there is much more than aircraft technology...... however even if it is strictly as says....i would protect it all the same...

but if we did know than we would not have anything cool to talk about -=) have a good one

-JagSR

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

P.S your Jason Avatar is shaaaaaweeeeeet!

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
In my opinion, I think when the base was first constructed it was used to hide whatever the government didn't want the people to know about, be that alien technology, nuclear weapons or whatever. But at this stage I believe that it is now mostly a diversion that remains 'top secret' because it has become so deeply ingrained in peoples minds as a place that holds all the deep dark secrets that it keeps them from looking elsewhere?

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by misterbananas
reply to post by DIDtm

Then aren't they kind of stupid for puting a big base in the middle of no where? why not just make a random hole in the middle of nowhere with a disquised road, that leads to an underground base? someone didn't think this through

LoL like a big hole in the middle of no where would be any less conspicuous? I think maybe you didnt think that through lol......

On topic, Area 51 like other posters said is just another secret base for testing new aircraft etc etc........

Im sure if any base has alien technology , it most def wouldnt be at area 51

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Just maybe, and this is just an idea, by keeping everyone focussed on Area 51 and what might, or might not, be hidden there, stops anyone looking too closely elsewhere.

There doesn't have to be anything at Area 51, but the mystique and the myth or the place keeps people occupied with theorising, speculating, travelling to the area, trying to see whatever is there to be seen...if nothing else it keeps pundits going with book tours, book sales, TV shows, souvenirs, and so on.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Mentalistbee

Area 51 is nothing more then a test facility for weapons and aircraft's.....the truth is the really crazy stuff is probably somewhere else because so many people now watch area 51.....I wouldn't be surprised if it was in a place that was much more in the open then we think.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Hypothetically: There was an alien ship found and they back engineered it originally at A51, why would they keep it there after the base became public?

There are many classified projects that are pretty mundane, or at least not that exciting if they were to be common knowledge. A51 I'm sure has a few of those.

Anyone still regarding A51 (today) as anything more than a restricted base are just trying to stir up people.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Sorry, but that question is just dumb. What do you want them to do, hand out tickets for A51 tourists?

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I recently watched a video in which you can listen to a very strange phone call about area 51. If you don' t have time for the whole video skip to 20:20 it starts about that time. Can't wait to hear what you think about it, besides the things like "he was just a crazy guy"
Here it is
www.youtube.com...
edit on 26-3-2011 by quitesane because: edited the link

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join