It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radiation Clouds in THE US westcoast and midwest!!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Bronco51082

Its Xenon not zenon...What a good source of info..Besides that scientist said the amounts found don't pose a health risk...

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

the maker of this video seems to like to sensationalize EVERYTHING. High or concentrated levels have not been picked up by either official monitoring or by people who've been doing their own monitoring.

Also, these are forecasts....you know how a weather forcast is not always correct....same principle applies here. There's no way to say for 100% sure that what is being forecasted is going to happen or is 100% accurate

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by xKhaosXREVolutionXx

I doubt inhabitants of the west coast have to worry that much to be honest.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by onyx718

I don't necessarily think we're at risk on the west coast, however, it would be foolish to not pay close attention. I will continue to monitor the situation using as many independent sources as possible.

I've heard everything from "this is about as bad as Three Mile Island" to "this is astronomically worse than Chernobyl." Obviously the dust hasn't settled yet, this is an ongoing situation, and it could get significantly worse! So there is no need to wind down the discussion when we are just now getting the first waves of fallout.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Deja`Vu

There's a bug difference between current release in the usa and potential release....which is says right at the top pf that model. Check your facts please

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by northexpedition

i'll never say don't pay attention, of course you have to pay attention. but i don't think there's any use in sensationalizing these forecasts and saying without a doubt this WILL happen and OH MY GOD THERE'S CLOUDS IN THE US RIGHT NOW when there isn't anything thats been detected to be harmful to us as of yet. Yes i know that no radiation is good radiation but that's not realistic for the situation. I know that geiger counters aren't going to be able to pick up all of the types of particles or whatever and yes for that reason we do need to see the potential release patterns but you have to take them wiht a grain of salt and people presenting these as what's actually happening is not helping matters in my opinion.

What also doesn't help is when people go around calling people who disagree with certain opinions shills. Just because people beg to differ doesn't mean they've been "bought by the government" although i know some people would LOVE that.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
of course not because the people that have those monitors can not make the radiation jet stream/radiation clouds fly right over their measuring counter for the visual benefit of the public (CPM) these measuring counters are placed hundreds to thousands of miles away from each other. There is only 1 type of particle these monitors can pick up. below is a good video link explaing what can be picked up and what can't be

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Tiny amounts of radiation from Japan reach Nevada.

www.breitbart.com...

Minuscule amounts of radiation from Japan have been reported elsewhere in the West, including California, Colorado, Hawaii and Washington. Officials have said those levels also were not harmful.

Nevada health officials have said they do not expect any risk to the state from Japanese radiation releases because of the distance the materials would have to travel.

"Any material released must travel 10,000 miles across the Pacific Ocean, during which time it will be dispersed and diluted in the atmosphere to levels that might eventually be detectable, but which will not present a health hazard nor require any protective actions," said Eric Matus, radiation physicist for the Nevada State Health Division.

Scientists say they weren't surprised

Tiny amounts of the radioactive isotope cesium-137 were detected at a University of Nevada, Las Vegas laboratory between March 17 and 21, but haven't been reported since then, Hartwell said.

The Desert Research Institute operates 29 stations that monitor the air for radioactivity around the Nevada National Security Site, formerly the Nevada Test Site, about 65 miles northwest of Las Vegas. The institute plans to release the results of testing at the other stations and post them online at cemp.dri.edu... by late in the week, Hartwell said.

www.epa.gov...

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   

hey I just heard an annoying beeping outside my apartment so I left it for a bit then went to investigate. Turned out someone threw out a smoke detector in the alley by my back door but I had to hunt for it because it was covered by snow from the recent snow fall here in Toronto, so I unplugged the 9v battery and started up the stairs back to my pad with the 9v battery then got a few flight up and it clicked- is the snow radioactive? is that why it was beeping in the snow for days? something messed with it for sure.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by nemesisvisionary1

so was the smoke detector affected by the radioactive snow??

I am actually serious because this isn't normal and my thoughts are that the snow is affecting the radioactive sensor in it

please get back to me ats i have been on here for years but i just re-registered last yr.
edit on 27-3-2011 by nemesisvisionary1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
the government is not omniscient. the government does not know everything, even though they would have you believe they do. there is nowhere for us to run.

@#$% happens, the show must go on. telling the entire west coast to evacuate would collapse the already fragile economy. an evacuation will never happen, even if this gets significantly worse.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
There is no difference between credible evidence and evidence.
Evidence is evidence.

What does one have to do to have their studies become "credible"? Be hired by the state? The feds? Pay for a college degree?

Something isn't considered scientific today if there isn't authority or merit involved? The hell is wrong with that picture?

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Please don't worry! The "authorities" have said there is absolutely NO danger...

The thyroid is such an iodine magnet that Dr. Whicker recounts that a week after a nuclear weapons test in China, iodine 131 could be detected in the thyroid glands of deer in Colorado, although it could not be detected in the air or in nearby vegetation.

www.nytimes.com...

Fukushima is spewing, far, far more than a nuclear weapons test, all day, all night, for over ten days now.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bronco51082

Is this somthing to worry about? anybody with knowledge of this subject please reply. I have abosolutly no clue on any of this stuff. I just posted this to get some insight from all the smart members out there. Is there anything we should be doing to get ready for these jet streams? or is this over reacting?
thanks for all your help guys and girls

www.youtube.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Yes, it is something to worry about. You will be breathing this stuff in and it is not the same as a microwave, at all. Here's what to do: eat alot of seaweed, rice and miso. NO SUGARS (attacks the immune system). Those three foods are what a doctor fed patients at his hospital after Nagasaki. He ended out with a higher survival/health rate than the patients in a hospital located further from that bomb site. Seaweed is high in iodine (blocks thyroid uptake of nuclear iodine 133) and leaches heavy metals out of the body - a natural chelation detox if you will. Rice is clean, pure and easily digestible food and miso also ameliorates the effects of nuclear substances.

Mostly, if you do intake these particles, you don't want them staying in the body, where they do huge damage. Flushing it out (seaweed - about 5 grams/day, rice - moves things through digestive tract, and the miso will keep things moving through).

Also, I wouldn't be running around outside on windy/rainy days, nor doing heavy exercise outdoors (lots of opportunity to suck in all that nuclear material into the lungs). And then, go about your business. Or, run all over the planet like chicken little trying to find a safe place.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Anyone have any updates on the US situation? Has our attention span on this topic already exceeded its limits? Or, is there somewhere I can check the radiation levels out for myself? I thought some ATSers were monitoring this, but I haven't noticed any posts lately. I did do a search and found nothing very current. Thanks!

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by QueSeraSera
Anyone have any updates on the US situation? Has our attention span on this topic already exceeded its limits? Or, is there somewhere I can check the radiation levels out for myself? I thought some ATSers were monitoring this, but I haven't noticed any posts lately. I did do a search and found nothing very current. Thanks!

this site: cdxnode64.epa.gov...

gives a map ....

click on any dot to view some stats.....if the area is actually working!

here is another Map: www.epa.gov...

some areas are in "maintenence" mode!!!!!

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

Originally posted by xKhaosXREVolutionXx
Does anyone have any exact readings for the Midwest; I live in that area. So, it would be nice to know exactly what's going on, although I doubt the US inhabitants will much to worry about unless you're unlucky enough to live on the West Coast.

www.epa.gov...

click any dot on the map and get results

I'm still waiting for an "expert's" explanation !

check the Las Vegas chart !!!!!

www.epa.gov...

edit on 26-3-2011 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

When the count rate reaches a million or more per minute, then maybe those in Las Vegas should think about maybe thinking more about whether or not to be concerned

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join