It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taking Advantage of The Placebo Effect for a Cure!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
This is the first time I've heard about this guy 'Adam' - it seems he is making a name for himself (as reported on TV) as a great Healer and is supposed to be well known in America. So as there are a lot of Americans on this site I wonder if you have any views or know anything about this one.

It would be so wonderful is he is genuine and though is seems to be a fairly new phenomina the theory has been around for many years and many people claim to have recieved miraculous healing via this method.

Here is a link to a very short video showing the principle ideas.

www.examiner.com...

I often consider the Placebo Effect in Blind Trials and how people are cured because of their belief in a particular cure and this leads me to the conclusion that if you believe in something and trust the outcome - it will work. If this is the case and proven to be the case with the 'Placebo Effect' then why aren't we taking advantage of this.

Your Thoughts ........

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Seekeye2

I've actually been struck with this myself, recently. I think it's a grand over-arching theme or functionality of reality and ties a few things together nicely.

To start, you've probably heard that 'reality as we know it is an illusion' or at least that matter and energy are basically different states of the same thing, and so nothing's really solid - it's all just energy vibrating at certain frequencies. Looking at kirlian photography, you could easily assume that we are giving off our own energy & frequencies, which would interact with everything around us.

I think this all goes hand-in-hand and is very real. I'm a believer, myself, and Yahushua (Jesus) taught that "...assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you." - I don't think he was just being spiritual and weird here, I think it was true (not always easy to have that kind of belief in something, though).

Next, start looking into quantum physics with its (disputed) observer effect and other weirdness like the double-slit experiment. The involvement of your mind with 'reality' appears to have observable effects.

Add the placebo effect, and I'm hooked on the idea that there's really not a whole lot in our universe that our minds can't control, interact with, or make true on some level through faith/the Secret/whatever you want to call it. It seems like every day science discovers something more strange that chips away at what we thought we knew...

new topics

join