It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFC Buys StrikeForce

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
UFC buys Strikeforce!!!
sportschatplace.com...

Man, the competition just reached an epic state! Diaz back in the UFC is awesome, imo.
Also the heavyweight mix now is phenomenal!!!!!! Overeem, Werdum, Bigfoot and Rogers....Fedor?
Also, how will Paul Daley play into this?
I just hope this doesn't spread out how often a fighter fights anymore. I think these guys should ALL be fighting 4 times a year. This once or twice a year is crap, imo. 3 would be a good balance with time enough in between to train/recover. Too much time in between does no one any good.

I saw Bones Jones on Leno the other night, so I think MMA will grow even faster now with these stars all together.

For anyone interested I have a MMA thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Peace, except in combat,
spec
edit on 26-3-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Seen this days ago. I was shocked when I found out though. But Zuffa has said that strikeforce is not merging with UFC, they will run as two seperate companies. I'm sure they probably will for a year or two, but I fully expect strikeforce to eventually disappear just like Pride and WEC. It's just not happening for a while, which I think might have a lot to do with the contract Strikeforce has with Showtime.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Kingfanpaul

It appears you are correct KFP, so I wonder if maybe after the HW tournament finale in June, they will cross compete? You know it would be epic in the MMA world, but I see value in keeping them separate too.

Thanks for commenting,
spec

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

I think it would be cool from a fans perspective because we would get to see great fights. However, I am hesitant to believe that it would be good for MMA in general, at least if looking at it from a fighters perspective. Fighters work hard and bust there butts to make a living in MMA and I think if Strikeforce is eliminated then it leaves a lot less opportunities for fighters to make a living. Also, with less and less MMA organizations, the UFC would be able to pay fighters less money because there would be no other options.

top topics

join