It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Proof the EPA is lying about radiation readings?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
So I was at work today on CNN.com of course when I came across an article talking of the radiation from Japan which enticised me to search for more recent information. I found an article talking about how minuscule amounts of radiation were being picked up in Colorado which provided a link to the EPA's site.

www.kjct8.com...

I hadn't checked the levels as of late and decided to take gander at a few random readings from across the United States. I discovered that quite a few of the readings from the SW U.S didn't show any graphical information but rather just had "To-date, levels recorded at this monitor have been thousands of times below any conservative level of concern." on the top of the page. This statement is on the top of every single reading's page which is kind of fishy in my book since I'm sure there is a distinguishable difference of the amount of radiation picked up in Hawaii than, lets say, Nashville, TN.

Now to the reason I'm actually making this thread.... Follow the link below to the EPA's RadNet graph of the monitoring system in Nashville, Tennessee.

epa.gov...

Now note that up to two days prior to the earthquake in Japan, Nashville's Beta Gross Count readings were fluctuating between 100-950 per minute for atleast a week (the graph only predates to March 2nd). I realize that the readings practically flatline on March 9th with diminutive increases since then, but is it possible, or more so plausible, that these ratings are 'fixed'? What would cause such irregular readings before the earthquake and why would said readings essentially disappear?

I also just checked a few other monitors around the area which are displaying similar symptoms.

epa.gov...

epa.gov...

epa.gov...

Any and all input is appreciated!

edit on 26-3-2011 by CoincidenceX because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Social media "foursquare" style rad monitoring! Yay! RDTN.org

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0eab6badeca1.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
If I was in Government and needed to make the population distracted from the very real threat of radiation clouds from the japan crisis, I would follow these simple steps.

1. Focus all media outlets on a Middle East crises or speed up the timeline with a war that was already planned. (Libya)
2. Fix all Radiation monitoring stations in a loop type setting.
3. Place live streams to rigged Geiger counters across the USA.
4. Put a team on the Internet spreading misinformation to confuse or to reaffirm that there is nothing to worry about.

I hope this isn’t the case but it wouldn’t surprise me. In our current state, it is better to have the masses spending money to boost the economy then it is to have them locked in there basements eating banana’s.

Trust but Verify! Better safe then sorry.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
check the Las Vegas chart !!!!!!

www.epa.gov...

can somebody explain these readings ?????

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
As far as I can tell, the Vegas one is just normal fluctuations in background that can occur for any number of reasons.

Birmingham, Jackson, and Memphis look like they're having technical issues.

The ones that really matter are on the west coast anyhow, and they're all reading basically normal.

top topics

join