It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Ignatieff for NWO?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Despite the latest opinion poll, which puts the Liberals at 28% and the Conservatives at 35%, I'm inclined to agree, that Ignatieff has a good chance of getting elected, due to his sketchy character. Now, if that sketchy character were being seen by the 28% who favour the Liberals, then I would say he probably won't get elected, but, because things seem to be more like a play than real life, I think it's a safe bet that Ignatieff will get in. If not now, then next election. Now would seem to be the perfect time, though.
Obama, now that we see his style of rule, seems (to me, at least) to have a similar sketchy character. He may have had a huge following to begin with, due to the disaster that was the Bush administration, which Ignatieff doesn't get the benefit of having, but Obama;s election seems to have been just as orchestrated as Ignatieff's may be.
Will I be voting for Ignatieff? Not a chance. Will I be voting for Harper? Only if someone secretly replaces him with me. Layton? Nope. May? Well...she's the only one I'd even consider...assuming the Green party actually manages to have a candidate in my riding. But, it seems to me, it doesn't really matter what I, or any of us, do. Following on the heals of Obama, and with the same bag of tricks, Ignatieff may be our future, whether we want him or not.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by dl2one

its feels like the Americanization of Canada. maybe the north american union coming to reality?

wouldnt doubt that Iggy first step is the AMERO currency or some junk like that.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I'm the same age as Homer Simpson
So I remember (and have written about) what it was like to be a Canadian growing up in the 70s/80s.
I also happen to have an American mother and Canadian father, and I've lived (and worked) in both countries. I have relatives on both sides, etc. etc.
I know something of what can be said about our differences and our simularities, both now and growing up.
The domains of patriotism, militarism, politics or culturalism are rife with perfect opportunities for any such conversations. (And I'm game...)

One thing, however, never seems to change. We, as Canadians, are always playing catch up.
My hope is that we can realise the ever-important, yet seemingly elusive question, "Catch up to what?"

A collapsing star?
An ultimate corruption?

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by OUNjahhryn

I don't trust him... And on that note... I don't trust Canadian politics.
I have heard a lot about the guy. But after paying attention to Canadian politics for the past two years... He is no different than the rest of them. He actually almost plays Dalton (Darth Vader or in some communities 'daddy') McGuinty's father in the grand orchestra that is the distribution of our tax dollars.
It's sad really. Went to the legislative assembly on Thursday, at queens park to hear the MP's duke it out. It was actually kind of sad. I saw grown adults in suits sink to lower levels than my 5 year old cousins.
Makes me think we should scrap this whole idea.
If we have the internet, why don't all of us as adults, vote! On every bill. And for every vote we cast, will heap up points that at the end of the year can count for a tax bonus refund, its only fair.
We can still elect people, they can propose the ideas, but why don't we all just vote on bills (or at least the majority of informed citizens...

I'm just so sick of the soap opera of non-stop bureaucracy in this country.

One of the truths about Canada- If Harper makes a decision, we all have a sigh of relief... because here in Ontario, we're just glad it wasn't McGuinty.

I could go on...

But instead I will just direct you to watch a legislative assembly meeting. You see how low these people will sink... in public.. Think about how low they are when they are behind closed doors.
edit on 26-3-2011 by tribaltrip because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join