It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heated water making the rumbling noises?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Not really a conspiracy, but it is highly speculative, so I figured I'd put this here. If any mods feel it fits better somewhere else, be my guest to move it to the appropriate area.

Anyway, while boiling water for some pasta this morning, I heard what I'm sure everybody has heard, BEFORE the water reaches a boil there is that quiet faint rumbling sound. It reminded me of the sound I heard in many of the videos about the mysterious rumbling sound, albeit much quieter obviously.

Is there any possibility this is what's causing the noise? Looking at where the noises were heard, some of them took place near bodies of water. I'm thinking perhaps a large release of magma underwater, causing a rumbling noise, like a very large scale version of bringing a pot of water to a boil?

I'm not a physicist or anything, so I'm not aware of the mechanics that would, or would not make this possible on a large scale. But if it is possible, it seems like this could be causing the sound. If not magma actually breaking the bed of the body of water, maybe just getting close enough to heat the bottom to the point where it's similar to a pot of water before it boils? Or some other heat source?

Anyway, I just thought I would throw this out there, and see what people thought about it. I am in no way claiming this IS what is causing the sound, just seeing if anyone else thinks it's a possibility?

Thanks!

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by James1982

Until the facts are actually revealed, this is as good as any theory.

IMO...Quite possibly the most logical I have heard so far.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by James1982

Now that I think about your analogy, it seems logical to me as well. Getting the input of some of the science majors around here would be a big help.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
What about the people that dont live any large bodies of water reporting the same noise????
I believe there is a logical explanation for the noise people are hearing....i dont know what as ive not heard the noise.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
You eat pasta for breakfast.
Cool

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy
What about the people that dont live any large bodies of water reporting the same noise????
I believe there is a logical explanation for the noise people are hearing....i dont know what as ive not heard the noise.

There would also be the possibility of underground rivers, lakes etc. It wouldn't have to be on the surface.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flyzoid
You eat pasta for breakfast.
Cool

Anytime of day is a good time for pasta!

Today's was topped with a nice homemade ragu with pork and beef

Anyway, as far as the noise being heard where there is no water, that's a very good question, which is why I wanted some input on the idea. I'm not aware of all the bodies of water around the places where the noises were heard, I was just going by what I could see easily on Google earth. Possibly underground water supplies or smaller bodies of water? I don't really know... I too was hoping somebody more educated in science would stop by and give their opinion on the feasibility of the theory.

Whoops look like Flyzoid beat me to the punch about the underground water.
edit on 26-3-2011 by James1982 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join