It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fertility Hormones can Cause Brain-wasting Disorder

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Fertility Hormones can Cause Brain-wasting Disorder

www.medindia.net

Scientists have stated that women who are injected with certain fertility hormones are at a higher risk of developing the human form of mad cow disease. …They found that the risks of these urine based fertility drugs could outweigh its benefits. …mutant, misfolded proteins destroy brain cells causing degenerative brain disorders.

…Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease (CJD) (also could be) transmitted through any body fluid tainted with the abnormally formed prions ...responsible for the brain-wasting...
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.ecanadanow.com
www.medicalnewstoday.com
www.ctv.ca
www.albertafarmexpress.ca

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Mad Cow Disease Agent Can Infect Via the Air
'Lifeless' Prion Proteins Are 'Capable of Evolution'
POLITICS: Mad Cow-causing Prions Found in All Organs
Is Zombie Creation Possible?

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
The human body is built of proteins - and these proteins need to fold in very specific ways. Like origami, changing the folding pattern gives you a completely different animal, with different inclinations and capabilities.

When proteins misfold and become infectious, they are called "prions." Infectious prions infect normal proteins just by touching them, and turn them into prions too.

Basically, prions screw up the way the body is supposed to work - causing prion diseases like Mad Cow disease, and protein-folding or "conformational" diseases and disorders.

Prion-caused "neurological conditions" are just the tip of the iceberg, and they're not pretty. Symptoms include memory loss, personality changes and spontaneous, jerky bodily movements - and eventually, death.

...neurological conditions are caused by the misfolding of a particular protein that is found in the membranes of certain nerve cells. The strangeness is that the misfolded protein, known as a prion, somehow catalyses other molecules of the protein to misfold in the same way. The result is a chain reaction in which more and more protein ends up as prions.

Nerve cells containing the prions stop working. The sufferer endures memory loss, personality changes and spontaneous, jerky bodily movements. Eventually, the disease kills him. …

Prions can contaminate a huge variety of medical products and devices, drugs, vaccines and more. But for a long time, nothing was done.

Finally, the EPA was allowed to regulate prions, and it looks like Canada is taking some responsibility too. Finally.

Hopefully, regulators will get the authority they need to at least make a start in getting some prevention happening.

www.medindia.net
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

Isn't that just bloody great. My wife who had fertility treatments here and overseas in the 80's was using pregnyl and hCG (gonadotropin), both urine-based hormones for fertility treatments. I actually had the "pleasure" of injecting her every day for 6 weeks once she finally got pregnant (a $100,000 later), she kept miscarrying. Her memory has been slipping for some time (she's 56 now) say the last five years, I have to tell her the same thing 3 or 4 times within an hour plus she forgets all the computer training I've given her and she's got mood swings like nobodies business. The standing joke was that Satan called me one day all pissed off complaining about my wife, he said she was charging him too much for evil lessons. The woman can be as sweet as sugar and in the next minute bite the head off a chicken and spit down the open hole. I chalked it up to being in the post menopausal and maybe it would go away, but it seems to be getting worse and she's forgetting things more and more. Guess I'll have to do some more research and find out what kind of tests are required to check for prion disease (probably MRI or PET as the CAT apparently isn't as accurate).

Cheers - Dave

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

Ack. Im sorry to hear that Dave.

Wow. Isnt that a kick in the pants. I wonder if there is going to be some similar effect found with women taking hormones for post menopausal symptoms too. I know some of those are also made with Urine, though those tend to be made with horse urine, and so they may not be the same infected stock.

Craziness. This finding lends credibility to the people who have been saying for years that American beef is infected with a variant of Mad Cow too, just an incredibly slow acting one.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

I am sorrry to hear it dave - but please, know that the problem is MUCH bigger than just fertility treatments. This news describes just one of the problems, and one step towards tackling it.

Earlier research shows that virtually any invasive medical procedure results in a prion disease within 10 to 20 years - and that does NOT take into account all the so-called "conformational" and "protein mis-folding" conditions, diseases and disorders that involve different disease-causing prions.

Surgery Linked to Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease

…with a few exceptions, the risk of having contracted the sporadic form of CJD manifests itself at least 20 years after having undergone an operation.

…We might, therefore, ask ourselves if other types of motor neuron diseases can be transmitted through surgery and be latent for decades, such as those where risk factors, particularly physical professions and activities or certain sporting activities, for example, which are more likely to lead to surgery, have already been indicated.

…the most conclusive pattern that the study presents, … is that the onset of CJD occurs approximately 10 years after an operation on the retina with reused equipment.

The new FIFRA regs covering prions hopefully will ensure that medical equipment and devices, at least, will be prion-free.

Thanks for posting.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   

I too have a similar experience with my wife. Over a period of 4 years, I gave her hundreds of HCG injections, plus, she went through two cycles, 6 months each of Lupron.

She simply is not the same person.

Her memory is shot. Her mood swings are so bad at times that I feel like i am living with two different women. The memory issues are the problem though. She cant remember important facts and events that have occurred in our lives. She forgets conversations that we have had, and often times, I find myself arguing with her to the point of just giving up. Its as if her version of history has been altered.

And, one of the most pronounced changes is she is now allergic to nuts.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by phantomjack

one of the most pronounced changes is she is now allergic to nuts.

Interesting. ...One of the few 'agents' known to neutralize prions are anti-histamines.

My array of health problems includes gut/digestive issues - I do everything I can to avoid drugs, but started ranitidine a few years ago because it was the only thing that worked. Turns out it's an anti-histamine that targets the gut. ...Also interesting.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Thanks for the info ppl! But seriously, oh great, more bad news. I told her about the fertility drugs after I did a little research on this potential problem of hers. I won't be doing that again, she bitched at me for 4 hours about how nothing can be done, so why bother looking this crap up. She says she doesn't want to know... Oh well, the sheople look up and the ostriches bury their heads. I'd rather stand where I am and look down a long range scope, but we're all different.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Id rather know too. But thats just me.

I wish you well. Lets hope it is just menopause and in a couple years its all good.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander

Id rather know too. But thats just me.

Me too. I just can't get that song outta my head...

"Knowledge is POWER!!!"

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Exactly. Plus, if you knew you only had like 14 months to live, wouldnt you do somethings different? I would. I know you should live like everyday is your last, but if you MIGHT live longer you save more, eat less, smoke less, work more, etc.

I knew I had 14 months? I would close out all my accounts, take whatever I had go buy some little shack in the boonies and a bunch of supplies and just commune with nature until I died.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by bobs_uruncle

Thanks for the info ppl! But seriously, oh great, more bad news. I told her about the fertility drugs after I did a little research on this potential problem of hers. I won't be doing that again, she bitched at me for 4 hours about how nothing can be done, so why bother looking this crap up. She says she doesn't want to know... Oh well, the sheople look up and the ostriches bury their heads. I'd rather stand where I am and look down a long range scope, but we're all different.

Cheers - Dave

Well....

How did you approach her with it? Did you shout, "Hey babe! I think I know whats wrong with you!"

On another note...this is good to hear that they are admitting that there is an issue. But disheartening to hear that it is something that could affect an entire generation or two of women. I read on another thread that this thing may not show up for as many as 10 to 20 years after the initial exposure.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by idunno12

...disheartening to hear that it is something that could affect an entire generation or two of women.

Sorry to be the one to break it you, but it's not just women. Any surgery will do it - think sports injuries, knee operations, stitches, etc.

I read on another thread that this thing may not show up for as many as 10 to 20 years after the initial exposure.

Uh huh. Seems the closer the surgery is to the brain (brain surgery, eye surgery) the quicker it gets into the brain. Makes sense, really.

new topics

top topics

join