It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Nuclear Scientist Found Dead, Knew Too Much ?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+56 more 
posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Ran across this and seemed like an odd guy to be committing "suicide" and at an odd time...

Taos County Sheriff’s Office stated Tuesday (March 22) that they have identified the body found in the Río Grande Gorge last Friday (March 18) as belonging to a nuclear scientist from Washington state.

Undersheriff Ed Romero said that Rodger Lynn Dickey, 56, died after he jumped from the Gorge Bridge. Dickey, a scientist working on contract with Sandía Laboratory, was originally from Richland, Wash.

Source

Here is a little background on Rodger Dickey:

Mr. Dickey is a senior nuclear engineer with over 30 years of experience in support of the design, construction, start-up, and operation of commercial and government nuclear facilities. His expertise is in nuclear safety programmatic assessment, regulatory compliance, hazard assessment, safety analysis, and safety basis documentation. He has completed project tasks in nuclear engineering design and application, nuclear waste management, project management, and risk management. His technical support experience includes nuclear facility licensing, radiation protection, health and

Source

I know the world is a tough place and all but seems HIGHLY SUSPICIOUS if you ask me...

Wonder what he knew?

+6 more 
posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Sounds like he may have had the intent to out the nuclear industry for its dangerous practices.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

Possibly (as he knew more than we do)...he knows what is coming...

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Well I don't know the chap, but think maybe he offer himself because he was experiencing overwhelming guilt. I can see situations in which he was forced to choose between cuttingcornersfor corporate benefit, else lose his job. He justcouldnt live with hisself any longer.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
this is why i tell anyone who wants to make a change why bother -- youll end up dead
they kill off the good people./ good leaders or at very least discredit them

its hopeless
this is a sick world

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
we don't need nuclear engineers
ever since we took the monitors off the west coast because they were readin funny
we have had no need for anyone versed in nuclear saftey to interpret the findings.

this will save us money
you'll see
edit on 26-3-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Sometimes all it takes is an incident like Japan to come clean with your conscience. I wouldn't rule out either possibility as they are both viable under the circumstances. Its 50/50 from what I can tell. It would be key to know if he was about to come clean with U.S. based issues.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
This poor fellow had years of experience in building and maintaining the safety of nuclear power plants.

I'm wondering if he knew the possible implications of the disaster at the Fukushima Daiichi plant, and it was just too much for him to handle?

edit on 26-3-2011 by BattleStarGal because: Edit

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Do we know anything about his personal life? If he was generally happy, then yes, it's suspicious. But, maybe he was miserable? Maybe he just found out he has pancreatic cancer? Maybe, maybe, maybe... to assume that he was killed because he "knew too much" is a little too conspiratorial without any further evidence.

With that said...man, you would think that a smart guy would come up with an easier way to do himself in. That fall would have to suck...until it stopped anyway.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Sad.. but unfortunately, giving his career this is most likely the outcome of "knowing to much"..S&F interesting read!

+22 more 
posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

What are you talking about? You don't know the chap but you sure don't have a problem giving his suicide a complete analysis as if hes been to your office for a psychological examination..This comment right here is the epitome of what is wrong with most people on the internet..you all think you have a clue about everything. You mindlessly give out opinions and conclusions on things you couldn't possibly have a clue about unless you were there or part of the situation.None of us can say what happened you just don't know.."Oh he probably just couldn't handle the guilt and he" oh shut up..you have no clue and without one you should keep your mouth shut. You people are sometimes so pathetic in your comments that I undersatand why TPTB wish to rid the planet of you all..most of you are idiots.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Two to the head!

Personally I do not believe for one second that he committed suicide.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Did he leave a suicide note or anything?

If he has a family, what did they say? If he does and this is out of the blue, than maybe something is going on.

But in most cases these type of actions go under the radar as far as depression goes, I'd really like to hear more about this story and see how it unfolds.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
This is insane Thanks Signals for this very interesting post. Snf .
Why the hell would this guy choose a place to commit suicide, where would leave no foot prints, to prove he commited suicide ? What kind of law enforcement officer would believe such a perposterous notion?
edit on 26-3-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-3-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Here's one, he fully understood the magnitude of what's going on in Japan. Either he knows it's pointless or he was threatening to talk. Timing is just too suspect and it seems to be getting to the point where tptb don't care if we know they're doing it or not. This guy isn't the only one recently to die under suspicious circumstances. Just saying.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by littlezeta

At this point does it matter? I am willing to sacrifice my life for the truth. If I can help save one person's life then in my view it is worth the risk.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by willie9696

If I understood the full magnitude I would have at least left a note to a friend or a loved one letting them know what was going to happen or what the situation was.

Maybe, a shred of evidence will turn up in the following week or so that will lead us to the real situation.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by CordDragonzord

Maybe there was a note, but the authorities seized it as "evidence"?

Or, he didn't commit suicide.

We really don't know.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
it is strange....

mass animal die offs, earthquakes, nations falling apart, scientists from varying fields dieing ( remember that dude caught on tape disoriented..)

kinda makes you think ... whats going on lol???

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
WOW. Everytime some event happens we all go for the "deep underlying mystical intent of tptb, or Alien Bob, or something." Where the heck are we ATS. Uh, sorry, I see we are ATS.

It damn sure looks suspicious. Is it? The fact is we all know we will probably never know, like everything else that comes into the news.

But this sure is a good forum to get out our beliefs, because there is not anywhere else we can be frank with our thoughts.

Lets see a connect the dot senario:

1. Worlds worst nuclear disaster in possible magnitude to date (oh yea do not worry they got it under control)
2. PS Tokyo water may be a tad bit radioactive (retract two days later, it is now ok, please move along)
3. *** Workers burned with water they walked through 10,000 higher than normal radiation limits ( Isolated incident, we got this covered, move along)
4. May need to extend evacuation perimeter a little more( or not, really depends on what time of day the question is asked, please move along)
5. Radioactive contamination of sea water being discharged into the sea ( uh, this is acceptable because most radiation will dissipate in a week or so, but some will last 30 years, uh, well, just place belief in 1st clause, now move along)
6. US sending freshwater to Japan( ?, seawater is destructive to operations of pumps and things at plant (little late aint it?) but we are now going to flush item 5 to ocean and recharge with fresh water, all is well now, please move along)
7. Nuclear expert commits suicide ( may have known of consequences to come, may have had active participation in Japan site through consultation and gave wrong advice or encouraged that site was not a risk, etc. May have been on breach of releasing real information as to dangers. [for sake of clarity the man had a bad day, lost at the track, car broke down, contacted the dreaded ignunce virus, was delusional, and really was jumping for scientific research] now please move along, nothing here to theorize...........)

The mans death is tragic. He certainly had some family and people that cared about him. Regardless of his reasons someone somewhere will miss him and will have a vacancy in the rest of their lives. If he met a end via others, we will never know.

Love to read the crazy ideas, and in those ideas somewhere lies the truth.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join