It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GE, World's Largest Corporation, Paid Zero Dollars in U.S. Taxes Last Year

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by JerryB08

Originally posted by JerryB08
I read because of pressure from people like us GE actually paid back to the federal reserve 3.2 Billion in taxes. ...I'm actually proud of GE for doing the right thing when they didn't have too.

I doubt it. Got a link?

Blue Cross/Blue shield is one of the most profitable companies in the world but remain a non profit. Let's see If we can get some heat on them and make a difference.

They pay ZERO taxes But for me and my family(1 child) 600-750 per month for health coverage. That's the largest scam in the history of the USA.

What would your coverage cost with a for-profit provider?

...I thought this was just another pro-corporate anti-people rant, but found out there's more to the story. Still don't know enough to forma an opinion though.

Blue Cross Blue Shield Execs Profited From Bogus Bonuses

BISMARCK, N.D. -- Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Dakota used premium payments to fund $15 million in employee bonuses, cover $35,000 for a retirement party and pay for other questionable expenses, according to a state audit released Tuesday.

Insurance Commissioner Adam Hamm said he ordered the company to make changes after insurance examiners found inappropriate or excessive expenses paid with policyholders' dollars. He said the nearly inch-thick report raised questions about compensation, travel policies, investments and severance packages.

Hamm said the report showed "a lack of judgment" by board members and senior management. It was the first audit of the nonprofit company since 2004.

BASIC FACTS & FIGURES: NONPROFIT HEALTH PLANS

• Of the 138 health plans in the United States with at least 100,000 medical enrollees, 84 or 61% are nonprofit.
• Of the 203,203,306 total medical enrollees of these 138 health plans, 97,931,924 or 48% are in nonprofit health plans.
• It is estimated that nonprofit Blue Cross Blue Shield plans have about 34% of the commercial risk medical market and 32% of the commercial administrative services- only (ASO) medical market and that other nonprofit health plans have about 20% of the commercial risk medical market and 10% of the commercial ASO medical market, with for-profit plans accounting for the remaining percentages of these two medical markets.2
• To follow is a listing of these nonprofit health plans and their medical enrollments, ranked by size:

Company 2007/2008 Enrollment
1 Health Care Service Corporation* 12,410,915
2 Kaiser Permanente 8,846,616
3 Highmark, Inc. 4,832,863
4 Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan* 4,629,097
5 HIP Health Plan of New York 4,002,227
6 Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama* 3,637,063
7 Independence Blue Cross 3,420,610
8 Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield 3,377,000
9 Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Florida, Inc.* 3,183,375
10 Medical Mutual of Ohio 3,056,234
*more*

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

doesnt matter how you feel birdbrain you're still a slave dolling out gross amounts of money while multinational corporations pay none and leave you to bare the brunt and you smile like an ignorant chimp

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
What Washington needs is adult supervision.
Barack Obama

new topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join