It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Riddle of Humpty Dumpty Solved - Freemasonry and Medieval Riddles

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
That could be. I am not a Mason, but I have studied the history of the Aleutian mysteries and there is a clear connection. Also, how do we explain the references in so many materials coming from the Freemasons? The book below as an example. If there is no direct connection, they sure do admire the legends. It seems to be a direct connection to me.

THE Mysteries of Freemasonry
CONTAINING ALL THE DEGREES OF THE ORDER CONFERRED
IN A MASTER'S LODGE,
AS WRITTEN BY
CAPTAIN WILLIAM MORGAN.
All the Degrees Conferred in the Royal Arch Chapter and
Grand Encampment of Knights Templars—Knights
of the Red Cross—of the Christian Mark—and
of the Holy Sepulchre.

Originally posted by JoshNorton

Originally posted by SuperiorEd
Not according to Albert Pike in Morals and Dogma. I have read it twice.
And this, Masonic Light would argue, is one point where Pike was wrong. Or, at least, he was mislead and in later books changed his stance on that relationship. Coincidentally this is the origin of the oft quoted Pike passage about low level Masons being mislead by high level Masons. He wrote that because the blue lodge degrees don't mention the Templars at all, and he was told (incorrectly) later that there WAS a connection. He considered the lack of education on the Templar topic to the blue lodge degrees an example of omission based on rank. But, again, he was wrong.

No Mason should consider Pike's word as gospel anyway. As others have written, it's just one man's opinion.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Albert Pike was the founder of the Scottish Rite Freemasonry.

No, he only rewrote the degrees for the Southern Jurisdiction of the Scottish Rite. It was founded in the United States prior to his birth.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   

That could be. I am not a Mason, but I have studied the history of the Aleutian mysteries and there is a clear connection. Also, how do we explain the references in so many materials coming from the Freemasons? The book below as an example. If there is no direct connection, they sure do admire the legends. It seems to be a direct connection to me.

IN A MASTER'S LODGE,
AS WRITTEN BY
CAPTAIN WILLIAM MORGAN.
of the Holy Sepulchre.
Oh, I fully admit they admire the legends. But I think that's pretty much the most anyone can prove. Morgan published in 1826. The Templars were disbanded by the church in 1314. That's 500 years in between.

It seems more likely that the people who were writing the degrees that became the upper numbers in both the York and Scottish Rite systems were enlightenment and post-enlightenment era gentlemen, pining for chivalric virtues and really wanting to style themselves as "knights". You'll also see that timing-wise the creation of some of the degrees coincides with the popular rise of egyptology, so you'll see a lot of stylized Egyptian art in some lodges as well.

But nobody has been able to identify an unbroken chain of teaching going back 700+ years, much less 2000+ years.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
That was quite a bit before the double helix code of DNA was cracked in 1953....but I do agree with the post that said it represents the fragility of life (carlos castaneda would say something about us being "luminous eggs"). I am not sure about the medieval cannon but the king's horses and men sure could represent cavalry and infantry, resp. What about the "wall".....any thoughts on it's symbolism? Castle wall? but how significant? What about man (HD being proxy for same) reaching unsustainable and dangerous heights (ie, Icarus)?

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I learn something every day. Thanks for that.

Is it not obvious, thought, to assume a connection with the greater and lesser Eleusinian mysteries? It seems as though the Hermetic tradition is the central player with the Templars, Kabbalah and Freemasonry? It all seems interrelated. Just trace the path.

Enoch builds the pyramids and is probably the first Hermes. Joseph and Moses are in Egypt learning in the courts of pharaoh after the flood. The initiation into the hermetic mysteries had to influence Kabbalah when Moses took it back to Israel. The Knights Templar went to Jerusalem to find the "magic" of King Solomon. Connect all the dots and the origins of Freemasonry are likely older than the pyramids.

Have you ever read Enoch I? He lived 365 years, but walked with God between heaven and earth as a messenger for 300. Thoth was said to have lived 300 years and was thrice great! Joseph and Moses were also the elect of God so they could decipher the hieroglyphics left at the pyramids after the floods. Abraham probably taught them. Of course, this is all conjecture, but if you are familiar with any of this and you are reasonably well read, this all starts to fit together. None of history can be unrelated, especially when we are talking God and his purposes in history.

Interesting Link

Originally posted by JoshNorton

IN A MASTER'S LODGE,
AS WRITTEN BY
CAPTAIN WILLIAM MORGAN.
of the Holy Sepulchre.
Oh, I fully admit they admire the legends. But I think that's pretty much the most anyone can prove. Morgan published in 1826. The Templars were disbanded by the church in 1314. That's 500 years in between.

It seems more likely that the people who were writing the degrees that became the upper numbers in both the York and Scottish Rite systems were enlightenment and post-enlightenment era gentlemen, pining for chivalric virtues and really wanting to style themselves as "knights". You'll also see that timing-wise the creation of some of the degrees coincides with the popular rise of egyptology, so you'll see a lot of stylized Egyptian art in some lodges as well.

But nobody has been able to identify an unbroken chain of teaching going back 700+ years, much less 2000+ years.

edit on 28-3-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Have you ever read Enoch I? He lived 365 years, but walked with God between heaven and earth as a messenger for 300.
I haven't read Enoch, but he does figure in to Masonic teachings. Both the York & Scottish Rites have degrees where the nine vaults of Enoch are unearthed by Templars and a cube with God's name inscribed is found. Curiously, the word found is different between the two Rites... (From what I understand. I haven't gone through the York Rite system yet...)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join