It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yes everything is upside down in Australia...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Hi, ive been surfing the interweb's for a while now, slowly opening my eyes to the enviromental, social, political and just totally bat snip stuff thats happening in the world today.. so i figured it was time to take the plunge and get a handle on some of the great info you guys are writing ( or just wait till my head explodes) so i look forward to some great threads and conversations with you all.
Got to go now, theres two guys in suits knocking at my door and its 2 in the morning, hmm wonder if they are selling cookies.. i like cookies....

edit on 26/3/2011 by Sauron because: snipped censored profanity

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by sprocket2cog

Hi sprocket2cog, and welcome to the Introductions Forum of the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's)Private Messages to Staff only for now. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Terms & Conditions Of Use

Please review
Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Background images

Signature Guidelines

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Super-Moderator.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Sauron

Thanks Sauron, Ill be sure to ask if i have any questions, thanks for pointing out the links for me, ill check out the ones i havent already.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   

And I thought most Oz dwellers considered the northern hemisphere as the one that's upside-down.

Welcome to the forum but just remember to bring some salt, you'll need it to digest some of the threads here

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Is that the reason why they call it Down Under? From what I can see,things are not really upside down.Even the mentality and attitude of majority of them are as those of the rest of the planet.
I am just visiting but I extend a warm welcome to you.

TheWatcher

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Thanks for the warm welcome guys,
yes ive got the salt handy but i might have to take it with some Tequila by the end of the night

ive got to agree with you, most of us aussies have our heads on the right way, but theres a few that.... well ill just say we do have a few people running for the darwin award

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Whats your thoughts on the Australian government compared to the US government. Me and my wife are considering immigrating from the US to either New Zealand or Australia. From my little bit of research the people of both lands down there seem to be a bit more caring about their population. Both countries peoples seem to be a bit more informed on important political issues. If i'm wrong then please do tell me.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Well the state of affairs is a bit better in both Australia and New Zealand, but we still do have issues.. if you watch the late night house of parliment over here you see them mumbling at each other and being rude etc.. but as far as things go its alot more transparent, and yes the people over here are all fairly nice, we do have the "yobo" element but you get that anywhere in the world you go.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
By the way if someone can point me in the right direction or explain the scores under our profile.
i know p is posts f is flags and s is stars, but the w and k im not sure about. thanks in advance.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The points system. I learned the hard way lol as you can see my negative 900 points.
edit on 26-3-2011 by dwmjr1985 because: Added some info

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by dwmjr1985

Thanks, i had read that thread already, but it didnt clarify the w and k part of it. can you help with that ?
but thanks for that anyway

So what things should i be aware of for staying away from negitive points seeing your some what of an expert ..sorry hope you see the humor in it

edit on 26-3-2011 by sprocket2cog because: added more info

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I think that might have some of the answers your looking for.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

THANKS! thats exactly what i was looking for. that clears it up for me.
If i could star you in the introduction thread i would

hope to see you around the forums dwmjr, you have been a great help.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Thanks, and no problem at all. I do have a question for you. Where does your profile picture come from, for some reason it reminds me of the Road Warrior movies, but i'm just assuming thats because your from Australia and my mind is forever linking those two together..lol

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Its actually a photo of me in some of my bike gear, with some flames added for effect, im a bit of an artist

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

well now you can u2u..lol

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Yep, and post new threads as well

It didnt take too long to get to my twenty posts.
ill be at 200 posts before i know it LOL.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Chat room here we come..lol

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Hi and welcome

I'd write this all upside down for you if I could.

I found a lot of information on The Freshmans Forum really useful when I first joined

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   

gday sprocket2cog,
u got to 600 pretty quick, too...
this = "thread bumper" !!!

seeya

top topics

join