It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

manchurian game, cool or not?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I started playing the manchuriangame.com and I have to say I'm looking forward to watching the remake once out in theatres. I saw the original and am curious to see how they adapted to modern time. It does take place in the Gulf War and thru the game you learn that there is a lot of government conspiracy going on, with mind control implants. Does anyone know if this stuff really happened in the Gulf War or is this completely fictional?

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Tha Manchurian Candidate (Frank Sinatra et al) was a classic film, banned for a time in the US, that was about hypnosis and mind control used on the forces in the Korean War and for political assassination purposes afterwards. Interesting they purloined the title for a video game. What is the real title of the remake coming out on film?

Queen Of Diamonds.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Same name, Manchurian Candidate, stars Denzel and Meryl Streep and it's coming out sometime this month.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Well I guess Meryl Streep does not play Denzel Washington's mother a la Angela Lansbury. I can't imagine the thing being given a Gulf War setting with implants over hypnosis as the plot device. Not every remake is a good idea.

top topics

join