It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you Prepared for a Catastrophic National Emergency?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by AidanK
Hi all, As everyone knows, this type of thread is very common here on ATS. First let me state that in my opinion there just isn't going to be any 'great disaster' that occurs on a global scale. Remember -- this is ONLY my opinion and my own personal feeling. I don't have anything against those who think something bad is coming and I don't criticize or say bad things about them so please don't tell me I'm some stupid person sitting on my couch eating popcorn.

I do have a couple of questions for the so-called 'preppers'. How much of your time do these preparations for disaster take out of your life from day to day? Are you making your life less enjoyable with constant thoughts about impending doom? I have no immediate family of my own so I have only myself to be concerned about. I know that this makes a big difference.

So in short, I do have not made any preparations for any disasters or doomsday scenarios. That may seem foolish to some of you but it's just not in me to think this way. Hopefully, nothing disastrous will happen on a global scale.

Let's all hope for the best!!

Yes we should hope for the best and plan for the worst. Hope is nice but wont feed us.There may be small things to prepare for like an week long power outage or longer, that I went through due to a bad winter storm, trees's were down and it looked like a war zone and even made the newspaper for my road. No way in or out, except walking over downed live power lines. I dont believe 2012 is the end of the world but in planet X comes by earth and knocks it off it's axis it will cause Tsumani's that will travel 1000 miles inland. (roughly) I dont know much about this planet X but it seems scientists agree it is close. I dont know any other info.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by AidanK
....So in short, I do have not made any preparations for any disasters or doomsday scenarios. That may seem foolish to some of you but it's just not in me to think this way. Hopefully, nothing disastrous will happen on a global scale.

Let's all hope for the best!!

Hope for the best, prepare for the worst. I assume you have no one depending on you and are merely responsible for yourself. Otherwise your lack of preparedness could place loved ones in the balance as well.

I suspect you will be the first to go begging when disaster does strike. I truley doubt you will just sit on your couch and say, "Well I made my choice so now I'll just await death". No, you will probably try to beg or steal from those who did take the time to prepare. No one sacrifices "living a life" in order to prepare. It really is quite comforting knowing that you are ready should disaster strike.

Good luck...you'll need a lot of it.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by wonderworld

Originally posted by bmck12
reply to post by Homedawg

I totally agree with you... I believe something is coming this way and I do want to be prepared but I am also prepared for the normal catastrophies that are prone for my region.... Even though my children think I am losing it, I have told them that there will come a day when my preparations will be appreciated, whether from tornado, global catastrophe or whatever...

I think we are alike on that issue. Many I know think I'm nuts and have wasted money on something that will never happen. I also agree with you that someday they will appreciate that we prepared. A few people I know would be refused entry. I warned them many times and they arent living off my supply, my kids come first.
Ive both served and lived in 3rd world countries...Ive seen starving kids and I agree...anyone I have spoken to,warned and given equipment lists to will not be hooching up in my retreat eating my kids food because they were dummies and refused to commit to a prep plan....JMO

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Gimmie dirt bikes. To traverse the off roads?!?!?!?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join