It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protesters prepare for 'family' demo in London

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
My mate has just uploaded the pic he took. i'm far too knackered to upload my stuff just yet, but here it is (and me!)

edit on 26/3/2011 by Acidtastic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic
I've just got back from this, and I didn't see any trouble at all.

I saw that the banks in Picadilly had been paintbombed and a few windows put in, but other than that, I've had a great day out with some great friends. and my placard is going to be on display in the museum of london next week

I ache alot. But other than that, great day out

And herein lies the problem. And of course it is very illustrative of the difference between protests here and elsewhere. Others fight for their lives. You had a good day out.

Sometimes I despair of GB

edit on 26/3/2011 by DSSONE because: sp

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by DSSONE

What's wrong with enjoying it? Beats sitting at home scratching my bits. (marginally
) I try to have fun what ever I do. Lots of other people were also having fun. Whilst getting a message across. OK, you can argue to what extent the message will be absorbed, but me smiling, laughing, dancing, singing and booing (Downing street) will not change that. I'd much rather go have a good time over smashing stuff up. And whilst I understand the smasher uppers, and fully support them, I'm just not a violent person. Me sticking half a brick through Top Mans window, isn't going to make a difference. It'd probably make me feel a bit rubbish, cos some poor person will have to clear it up. I'm a bit soft at heart, so what? We're not all black bloc anarchists. This was a family day out for many thousands of people. I was seeing some friends who i only ever get to see these days on things like this. And there was a great vibe, loads of music and whistles and singing and chanting and dancing. Positive vibes are stronger than negative ones. Good will eventually win through. (yes, I know this makes me an eternal optimist, but someone has to be)

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

No problem with that mate. At least you admit you were out to increase numbers and have some fun. You just will not find me within 20 miles of any so-called protest that has been arranged by a group that is affiliated with the mainstream politicians.

Anyway, sounds like you left at the wrong time, now I believe a rave has started.

Find me a genuine protest, against the whole lot of them, including the unions, and I'll be on the first train down.
edit on 26/3/2011 by DSSONE because: damn, spelling again

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Fair do's mate

And yes, it does look like the family fun has ended, and the real play time has begun. The longer they're in the kettle, the longer they are doing what they're setting out to do (occupy trafalgar square)

The polices are helping them

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Myself and LarryLove were embedded with the 'Black Bloc' today in this protest. We are producing a FULL report on it especially for ATS with HD video footage and a horde of photography. Watch this space!!!

The Revenant.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Revenant
Myself and LarryLove were embedded with the 'Black Bloc' today in this protest. We are producing a FULL report on it especially for ATS with HD video footage and a horde of photography. Watch this space!!!

The Revenant.

Excellent I shall look forward to reading it.
edit on 26-3-2011 by mr-lizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
i litrely only have only heard about this in the last 47 mins!

i can sum it up ... well, the way its being potrayed on tv (as is usual)

protest and rise up against your government ... in libya (or any other non uk country) = GOOD, the un and nato will even help !

protest and rise up against your government ... in UK = BAD AND WILL NOT BE TOLLERATED!

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
The government have said they're going on with the cuts as planned, I don't think they realise how much they've angered the general public at all. I think it's safe to say they think we're generally thick, and that this is just the start. You can be sure Murdoch and his crappy biased news service will try and alter the way things actually are, but it's way past all of that now. The government is starting to face what they've done and it's going to cost them.

Even the BBC's effort, that tried to focus on the problems by a small group, and didn't even try getting to the root of the problem with their coverage, won't cut it. Things are changing and no news station can spin it, we have plenty of better info nowadays via the net and they can kiss the days of manipulating us easily goodbye. We're several steps ahead of their propaganda now and it's starting to show. An idea for the BBC : try reporting about the bankers and the tax dodging businesses that have really cost us, instead of thinking we're idiots.

Conservatives and Lib Dems might finally just have to reap what they've sown and accept it, because they're not bigger, and never will be bigger than the people they're trying to manipulate, who make up most of the population.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join