It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marines on the ground in Libya ( active now )

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by 13th Zodiac

Ok ok, like we didn't see this one coming.
Look people u have to understand that there is a whole lot more to this story than what's being aired on TV.
And also understand that the US government has been well known for creating propaganda through TV to get the public to support and rally behind them. ITS CALLED POLITICS!

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by phatpackage

I know everyone is entitled to an opinion but why do mods let this kid spew this garbage..this should be a place for intelligent conversation not where some kid can say I know you are but what am I..just makes this site look bad IMO

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by pepsi78

The marines are not there for your country, they are there for the globalists, to do the job for the glory of oil.

The oil benefits our country so no you are wrong.
2nd

edit on 26-3-2011 by thatonedude because: 2nd

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
The bad thing about this is that it is going to take several hundred of these Americans over there to get killed, which will happen, by the way, before the blinders come off and people see the truth...TPTB don't give a dam about a human life, unless its theirs...If anyone out there still believes a single word Barry Sotoro says I feel so sorry for you....You don't stand a chance from here on out. You'll be the first to enter their detention camps and you'll be one of the ones that never leave.....

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by thatonedude

Invading Libya will not get you lower prices on gas, it will only make the rich, richer, the globalists. It really has to do with the power and control of it all, control of the resources for manipulation. Don't eat what the TV is serving you ya know.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by pepsi78

The marines are not there for your country, they are there for the globalists, to do the job for the glory of oil.
It pays good too, and it's fun shooting guns for some, it's why they join. Sorry to tell you but it's all for the world corporation, not about your country.

Well said Sir
Soon as i seen Ajdubiyah] i new it was the security of oil nothing more the rebels are being used

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Most military people are brainwashed idiots, as bad as religious fanatics. Military people will believe anything their commanding officers tell them. This whole Libya thing is just business as usual. If they were really doing it for the reasons they say they're doing it for they would also be bombing the piss out of Bahrain and Yemen as well. If they were really smart they would bomb Saudi Arabia, occupy them and not have to worry about oil for a long time.

edit on 26-3-2011 by Darkmask because: spelling

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by phatpackage
reply to post by 13th Zodiac

I wish the Marines safety & victory! Anyone who does not wish them well I call you out now cowards!. They are real Heroes! They will do the US and more importantly the allies proud. I know they will! [[[SNIP]]]
edit on 26-3-2011 by phatpackage because: (no reason given)

edit on Sat Mar 26 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

geez...calm down, you're creating a angry response to nothing. my bad...i read the rest of the 6 pages on this thread
edit on 26-3-2011 by jimmyx because: jumped the gun for a simple response

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ararisq
I just want to point out that this whole thread is a lie. The President of the United States - the President - said there would be no 'boots on the ground'. Now unless these marines are wearing sandals I just don't see how it could be possible - so this thread is a lie.

I mean, who are you going to trust a random anonymous ATS member or the President of the United States? Give me a break.

Yes, yes, its all sarcasm....

A random ATSer actually

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
The 26th MEU isn't on the ground...it's on a ship.

There has been some confusion circulating in the press about the intentions of the 26th Marine Expeditionary Unit and other Marine Corps forces. Ground forces from 26th MEU are currently not in Libya nor are there current planning efforts to do so.

Though a small group of Marines did land, Mar. 22, east of Benghazi to rescue a downed U.S. Air Force pilot after he and his weapons officer ejected from their F-15E Strike Eagle plane, both the rescue team and the downed pilot left Libyan soil once all were aboard the MV-22 Osprey headed for the safety of the USS Kearsarge. The rescue mission took less than 90 minutes and Marines were on the ground for less than one minute.

"Our success from the air as part of the Coalition effort is significantly reducing Qadhafi's ability to harm innocent Libyan civilians," said Col. Mark J. Desens, commanding officer of 26th MEU. "That is how we are taking care of business."

From Here: Source

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Marines announce deployment of 22nd Marine Expeditionary Unit 3/8/2011 22nd MEU Capt. Binford R. Strickland MCB Camp Lejeune, N.C. (910) 451-0428/0717 or (910) 546-4421 [email protected] ARLINGTON, Va. — The 22nd Marine Expeditionary Unit (MEU) from Camp Lejeune, N.C. will deploy in support of the U.S. Africa, European and Central Commands in mid-April with approximately 2,200 Marines and Sailors. The 22nd MEU is replacing the 26th MEU currently operating in the Mediterranean Sea. As a powerful, mobile force with fully-integrated air and ground forces forward-deployable from naval vessels, the MEU is uniquely equipped to respond to threats any place in the world, often within a short period of time.

22nd MEU offical site

BLT 2/2, LAR Marines Prepare for TRAP Missions 3/3/2011 By Sgt. Amber Blanchard , 22nd MEU MARINE CORPS BASE CAMP LEJEUNE, N.C. — Marine pilots and crewmen go through many hours of training to maintain readiness for every possible scenario, including ejecting from the aircraft during emergency situations. When that happens, it’s time to set a “TRAP”. Marines with Battalion Landing Team, 2nd Battalion, 2nd Marine Regiment, 22nd Marine Expeditionary Unit and 2nd Light Armored Reconnaissance Battalion learned to conduct ground Tactical Recovery of Aircraft and Personnel missions Feb. 28 - March 4, 2011.

22nd MEU offical site

There's your proof straight off the 22nd MEU site. They have been training to prepare for their deployment since 2/28/11 and they are headed over soon I suppose. I don't know why this was so hard to find it took me 5 min. I hope us Americans can wake up and see the lies we are spoon fed daily and stand up and say we won't take it anymore...but I have a feeling we won't.

ETA: You are correct they will be on a ship until a plane goes down or they need to sneak in and recover a drone. That is what they have spent the last month and a half training for. Boots on the ground are boots on the ground if they go in to recover pilots or planes/drones and are fired upon what do you think we're gonna do. Or lets say pinned down by artillery. We will send in more ground troops to get them out and well there's how ground wars will get started. I wouldn't put it past the government to set that kinda thing up as an excuse or hell just flat out lie about it happening.
edit on 26-3-2011 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
The entire MEU isn't on the ground in Libya. They just have Recon units painting targets at different targets. For their Harriers and other coalition thats a reported that doesn't understand what he's or she's being told And Marines fight for their country and the citizens PERIOD. They do what they're told to do when they are told to do it and they don't ask why. lol They're not globalist. They don't make policy they enforce the policy ESPECIALLY that unit.

Semper FI
Jerry

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
The 22nd MEU will be there Monday or Tuesday.It'll be interesting to see them go. Whats not all over the news is the fact the the rebels we are protecting are the some of the same terrorists that we were fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan. There isn't any unit in Libya that is gonna pin down a Force Recon or a Recon Battalion Company. Not with the air support at the finger tips. But they wouldn't need it.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Sorry replyed to wrong post DELETED
edit on 26-3-2011 by 13th Zodiac because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by JerryB08

Did you read my post or did you just post without any research at all. They aren't painting targets that's for the real spec ops guys. You won't hear about them nor know when they deploy or where. In fact you won't even know what branch they came out of or what units are active there. All the MEU is there for is to recover pilots and drones/planes. It says it all on their web page. Do you really think they are going to tell you who is going in to paint targets and stuff or when?

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by JerryB08

Sounds like an easy way to justify sending in troops on the ground in larger numbers but your right they probably wouldn't. I'm just waiting for them to bust out with some little trick or lie to get troops on the ground in a more permanent fashion ya know. Cause all MEU is doing is sitting off the coast waiting for a pilot to go down to rescue them.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
So this has turned into an invasion of some sort *rolls eyes*.
Since the government have now gone against what they told the public to support the allied presense,i suggest people demand that all non Lybian forces return to their nations.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
what the hell are we fighting for if we assist we get shouted down if we dont they cry why bother all these nations would be the equivalent of medieval times without the wests intervention and all thats done is build an army of supremely ungrateful inhabitants now they accept asylum in our countries and still bitch i really do not understand what they want they cant and never will have everything our brave men and women are attempting to help people who want help or dont want our help and you always chose the opposite side of the genocidal maniac but still were wrong how do you win the hearts and minds of an entire race when they all seem to be greedy ungrateful A$$holes

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
This Gadaffi Tit is bombing and killing his own people.

If some of you eejits that hate Obama so much can imagine how you would feel if he suddenly started bombing his own country and shooting citizens in the street..and the rest of the world just stood by and let him?

Exactly, it would be a BLOODY OUTRAGE. just like this is. Gadaffi needs to be stopped.

This is exactly why the UN security council exists! To stop tyrants like him!

I suspect that the same maggots whining about how troops shouldnt be there would be whining just as loudly that they should, if they werent. If you see what I mean. It's O.O.D.: 'Obama Oppositional Disorder'. Whatever the government does is automatically wrong in their eyes.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I heard the British SAS were captured by the rebels is that true? lol And someone from England thinks he can disarm a Recon Marine. That is truly comical. The 26 MEU lost most of first force recon when the Marine Corps transferred them in to MARSOC Marine Special Operations Command joining the rest of SOCOM and that unit became 1 SOB. lol you wouldn't pee on them. you might pee urself.when they marched by you.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join