It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSM Finally Reveals Gaps in U.S. Radiation Monitoring System

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   
This article finally gives us some much needed answers. I am still taking what the EPA says with a grain of salt since their huge failures in the Gulf of Mexico. We need utter transparency on what to expect as it has finally been admitted by Japan that the nuclear crisis is in fact much worse than what was they were reporting.

It is not my intention to fearmonger here. I am merely informing you on what was just released about an hour and a half ago.

SAN FRANCISCO – Parts of America's radiation alert network have been out of order during Japan's nuclear crisis, raising concerns among some lawmakers about whether the system could safeguard the country in a future disaster. Federal officials say the system of sensors has helped them to validate the impact of nuclear fallout from the overheated Fukushima reactor, and in turn alert local governments and the public. They say no dangerous levels of radiation have reached U.S. shores. In California, home to two seaside nuclear plants located close to earthquake fault lines, federal authorities said four of the 11 stationary monitors were offline for repairs or maintenance last week. The Environmental Protection Agency said the machines operate outdoors year-round and periodically need maintenance, but did not fix them until a few days after low levels of radiation began drifting toward the mainland U.S.

Full article here news.yahoo.com...

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   
as i already posted in another thread..it is frikin obvious that those explosions we witnessed in the very hearth of the reactor is serious but serious stuff

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Alright this is starting to piss me off. I read an MSM article from the same yahoo page that I got the above from. This article was admitting of a possible breach in the reactor containment vessel. That is huge news and it was taken down already. I can't find it anywhere. If anybody can find it, please post it because it substantiates the rest of my thread.Thx.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnimositisominA
Alright this is starting to piss me off. I read an MSM article from the same yahoo page that I got the above from. This article was admitting of a possible breach in the reactor containment vessel. That is huge news and it was taken down already. I can't find it anywhere. If anybody can find it, please post it because it substantiates the rest of my thread.Thx.

there is no need to...

Radiation spikes in sea off nuclear plant

if radiation is effecting the sea..a breach is obvious to me

edition.cnn.com...

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   

The Environmental Protection Agency said the machines operate outdoors year-round and periodically need maintenance, but did not fix them until a few days after low levels of radiation began drifting toward the mainland U.S.

Really, EPA? Really?

Way to go.

That's the dumbest idea I've heard in awhile

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by heineken

I disagree. There is need to find this article because it is strait from the horses mouth, and being pushed aside for celebrity gossip. Good point that you made though about the seawater. I'm trying to reduce speculation and find concrete news about this. That's all. A containment vessel breach has been reported. I guess celebrity b.s. is more important.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by heineken

Thanks for that, complement the information with this -

www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5jsYnnH6vablTdB6kbrrly31rsyAg

Radiation spikes in sea near Japan nuclear plant

By Huw Griffiths (AFP) – 1 day ago

---------------

Related thread posted in BAN forum, for more - www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread680308/pg1

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Loki

I totally agree with you.

and there's this:

"It sounds sort of loosey goosey, but we already operate our network on a very rigid schedule so we just sort of fit it into our lifestyle," said Eric Stevenson, a director of technical services who oversees operation of the monitor from his office at the Bay Area Air Quality Management District near San Francisco's domed city hall. "We've been operating this thing for years and no one has really said boo about it. Something like this comes along and all of us realize `Hey, gee, that's a relatively smart program.'"

Is this something to be loosey goosey about? Heads need to roll. (metaphorically of coarse)

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I live in Las Vegas......

check out these readings and can someone explain the results ?

www.epa.gov...

the graphs are much higher than just about anywhere else !

am I seeing things ????

The site was "down for maintenance" 2 days ago also ???

you can check other areas from here:

www.epa.gov...

new topics

top topics

join