It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something in the sky on Google

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
I was looking for an apartment on Craigslist. There was a link to a particular house and I pulled up a street view of it. I noticed something strange in the sky...

You can click the links to see full size images.

-

-

-

I inverted the colors so I could get a better look.

-

I selected the color white on the "fill with color" tool on Paint. I clicked the darker parts of the photo a few times to see if the photo had been edited. This is what I found:

It's possible that I could be looking too far into this, as it very may well be a lens flare. But if it isn't, then this is very... weird.

Thoughts?
edit on 26-3-2011 by SamTGonzalez because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-3-2011 by SamTGonzalez because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
It seems like a lens flare to me.

When you look at the angle of the sun it matches the direction of the object.

Also the wide angle lenses used to capture street view images are very susceptible to catching lens flares.

Finally I don't know how to describe it but as an amateur photographer who has taken many thousands of photographs and lamented tons of lens flares and even used them as part of an expression for the end result this just seems like its in the right place where I would expect to see a flare... hard to describe exactly.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Super duper lens flare.

Here is a more prominent one so you get the idea.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by SamTGonzalez

dude its sun reflection on the lense nothing to get unhinged and cream urself over lol

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Looks like a wide angled lense, there. The shape/thing looks exactly like a bunch of flares in some photos I have. Nice catch though!

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
It's lens glare. I've seen it on a few google map images. Don't feel like searching for another image. But you'll find them

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Perhaps the last tenants were abducted. Maybe thats why its a steal. Lens flare, I think so... But follow your gut and find something else or it will be in the back of your mind the whole time you live there.
edit on 26-3-2011 by Volund because: Spelling

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   
You're too paranoid lmaooo That is definitely a flare, I did hear though that a wife did catch her husband cheating by using Google when she saw a parked car in the driveway that should not have been there hahahaha lmaoo

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Yeah lens flare. On street view, just about everywhere you go and look up you will see this. Looks like a Fireball from SFII.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
One more thing, I wouldnt move there anymore.
We know your next move.
edit on 26-3-2011 by teck9ne because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join