It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Slacker Movie Conspiracy guy needs to be Re-Reviewed. Rapture date.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
www.youtube.com... 1:52

This definitely needs to be reviewed again. Why? Because new developments keep happening in our world. And the guy in this movie is...predicting future events. Here's a brief summary, I'll start with the most recent discovery:

He says May 22nd, that's an important date for you pal (Christians and the folk are saying Rapture is May 21st 2011, google it)

Pretty dead on... Any person who watched this movie from 1992-2010 would have not known what he's talking about since the "Rapture date" wasn't really declared until recently.

Colonizing the moon (India finds bunker on Moon) etc. etc.

I just mainly wanted to point out about the rapture date. Well you're gonna say it's May 21st! not 22nd.. well given that there are more 'faithful' people on this planet...they'd have to have time to repent....
edit on 26-3-2011 by PaR3v because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by PaR3v

That's so funny. I love the movie "Slacker"! I must have seen it 10 times when I was in college. That scene and the actor in it is hysterical and also thought-provoking, as are most scenes in that movie. It's a work of pure genius.

When I was younger and saw that movie I thought that character was a freak. It's so ironic that I have almost turned into that man 15 years later. I don't think Linklater was trying to convey any secret knowledge in that scene however. I thin the director was trying to show how being so wrapped up in conspiracy theories can make one lose connection with the regular world. Notice that none of the people he was talking to were really interested in what he had to say, but more interested in the needs of their everyday life?

A lot of people who are not into conspiracy theories find theorists anti-social and there messages alienating. But in Slacker almost everyone with a monologue has a unique and different opinion about life. Very few of the characters really connect however.

It is possible that Richard Linklater got a lot of his ideas from that scene from listening to Art Bell on Coast To Coast AM? Writers often get their inspiration from reading or listening to others.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by PaR3v

And just so that your question doesn't seem to go unanswered, you may be right about May 2011. Here is a post that I myself made about a set of YouTube videos from John R. Moore claiming that major events will occur on the planet that will kill off most of mankind in 2011 (not 2012):

Global Warming Extinction Thread

He makes many of the same claims that the character in Slacker did. It's funny how no one is paying attention to Moore's message because everything he said would happen this year is happening.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
i really liked your contribution. i am gonna watch the flick. back in 91 i was a sophomore in HS and greatly a little sheeple lamb--?leeple?..lol

anyway i was brainwashed with the good ol GO Joe! GI JOE brainwashing.

new topics

top topics

join