It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird movies - conspiracies - current events link.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Hi,

I just wanted to share what I've noticed as of late. I recently went to see 'The Adjustment Bureau' which is a neat concept but very poor translation of that concept on the screen in my opinion. Many unanswered questions and a bit confusing at times but this is not what I'm here to talk about.

While at the theatre I saw a bunch of movies that were coming out like Apollo 18 (why we didn't return to the moon), Limitless (a drug that opens up the majority of your brain capabilities), Battle of LA (alien invasion), sucker punch (living your life in your dreams) and many more that kind of acknowledge the whole conspiracy theories discussed on ATS and other websites.

It made me feel as if Hollywood was given a green light to release sensitive info to the public through entertainment as # is hitting the fan as we speak and it looks like it cannot harm the men behind the curtains at this point as we've already passed our reversable deadline. I know that this phenomenon of releasing sensitive material through film and generating an idea of what might be hidden from the public has been taking place for decades but it feels as if it's intensifying rapidly ever since this year.

What's your take on this? Anyone share the same feeling?
edit on 26-3-2011 by pipconvert because: Edit

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by pipconvert

Or maybe hollywood just ran out of bad ideas and are going on sites like these to come up with new movies.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Yeah, i think the government told them to make these movies so people would be ready for the truth.

I mean I have seen these movies and I strongly think that they're going to tell us soon.

They're probably going to announce it in an add sized box on a knife selling channel.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Why do people come here? ATS that is. Because they are curious, interested mostly.. Some come with real information, but it's rare..

The thing about humans is we are always looking. It's what gets things done. Invention comes from imagination. It's what changes things, and why we're sitting in a room typing on computers talking about sitting in a bigger room with flashing moving still images that create the facade of a moving image somewhere else.

Why wouldn't hollywood or the movie industry capitalize on this? They have since the first science fiction movies.

They don't dictate to us - they mirror what we want to see. In this day and age, more than ever, we are interested in these topics, and they simply cash in on this.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by pipconvert

they dont care what you know anymore,its too late,why do u think david icke and alex jones and many others are still alive,if they pulled that in the 60's they would have been there next to king,kennedy and x,death is beter anyways heres a quote "it is no measure of mental health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society", its better where were going lol the elite power criminals can create a wasteland and raise their families in it for all i care however the rest of us good people wont have to

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by xShadow13
Yeah, i think the government told them to make these movies so people would be ready for the truth.

I mean I have seen these movies and I strongly think that they're going to tell us soon.

They're probably going to announce it in an add sized box on a knife selling channel.

Hahaha, but then only loonies with a knife fascination will really know the truth..

oO

Wait, I like my knives...

OHHHHHH!!!

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
In general I think Hollywood just puts out stuff that makes them money. More and more they look for something new to sell. And then sell again and rehashed again til we get tired of it, then they move on.

That said I do think that edgy and fringe topics ARE picked up off of places like ATS. Hollywood needs to stay ahead of peoples imaginations to keep us interested seeing how most plots are porous and most characters weak. Face it, movie goers for the large part are in it for the adrenaline rush.

And that said, I also have no doubt that there is lots and lots of propaganda shoved into movies also.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
I know a few writers and creativity is a tough deal, building ideas off of ones that are created on ATS would be like having army of brainstormers at your disposal. My guess is that crazy people are doing the legwork for hollywood writers these days.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Yeah I also think the same.You forgot to mention Super 8(an alien film about area 51).

top topics

join