It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ask someone with Schizophrenia anything.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Sometimes I feel as if animals are reaching out to me as well. I always like that as it fits in with my beliefs, though. I believe that underneath the surface all creatures are really part of one great being, and that the world exists ultimately inside our collective imagination, so when I get a sense of animals and trees and things reaching out to me, it makes me kinda feel like I am part of everything and everything is part of me.

I find it easier to express this through poetry or art though rather than in prose, or trying to articulate such feelings to my doctor who probably just wouldn't get it anyway.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Radekus

I tried some of those, Well the less dangerous one. I may be suicidal but I'm no adrenaline junkie. It's like I've hit a dead end now, I'm less fortunate then I was a couple of years ago but the more money I got the more distant everyone around me became. It was all about what car your driving, How you dress...Hell I made a good old bunch of leeches that would try and suck me dry at any point possible. All the women around me wanted money and status......It was really a BS lifestyle. Whats important in life is family and a couple of very close friends and a good woman who you can trust...as you stated in your last post. Without those things you will feel the vacuum withing you no matter how much money you spend on yourself. I usually get more joy out of helping other people then I do out of myself, I know I'll always be ok.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by sliceNodice
Do you have a pet?
Since people are probably hard to get along with because of hallucinations, a pet might do you some good, for purposes of company. At least then, you would know if you are hallucinating when your pet tells you to F off or whatnot lol.

I love animals. I have a cat named Lucifer. Lucy for short

She follows me around everywhere. It's very sweet.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by superwurzel666
Sometimes I feel as if animals are reaching out to me as well. I always like that as it fits in with my beliefs, though. I believe that underneath the surface all creatures are really part of one great being, and that the world exists ultimately inside our collective imagination, so when I get a sense of animals and trees and things reaching out to me, it makes me kinda feel like I am part of everything and everything is part of me.

I find it easier to express this through poetry or art though rather than in prose, or trying to articulate such feelings to my doctor who probably just wouldn't get it anyway.

I like your style.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

Just to make things clear, what I gave out was a theory relating to the condition, I am in no means a doctor of any sorts, I'm a scientific theorist, this is what I do. If anything, my theory would make people feel better about their condition, as opposed to feeling ostracized by society and feeling like there's something wrong with them that they cannot explain that further fuels the negative feelings and thoughts relating to their preset life situation. Forming a realistic sensible theory about the condition can put the "what's wrong with me" chapter to rest and help the afflicted move on towards forming goals in life that will result in acceptance, happiness and self fulfillment. As a theory, I did in effect ask what was thought about it.

Now that I put that to rest, I had a laugh at your comment, many people are armchair doctors, or rather, armchair opinions, sipping coke and eating chips, but what can I say, people are people. Ignorance is bliss they say... I asked questions and presented a theory in effort to understand the phenomenon more. I hope I didn't seem like an armchair doctor though, it was not my intention.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
reply to post by avatar01

Dude, you're an idiot. Schizophrenia isn't a catchall term, it refers to several specific symptoms, albeit these symptoms show up in different proportions in diff people.

Question OP:
Did you ever see anything odd in newspapers? And what did you see?

Not a catch-all

I guess insanity wasn't a catch all in the 19th century either, LOL.

It's most definitely a catch all. There are MANY reasons that these symptoms can show up.

Basically, I think you're an ignorant hypocrite.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Serizawa
reply to post by Radekus

the more money I got the more distant everyone around me became.

Being busy working is time consuming, I'd like to hear your theory on why this occurred. Did they seem jealous? Did the people who become distant become so because you grew totally independent from them?

It was all about what car your driving, How you dress...

That's called being high class, although... you don't have to show off your wealth if you don't feel comfortable with it. I knew of a millionaire who walked around town in dress pants, eh, whatever works right?
As long as you show off to people that it matters to (work) doesn't mean it has to be who you are in the rest of your life.

Hell I made a good old bunch of leeches that would try and suck me dry at any point possible. All the women around me wanted money and status......It was really a BS lifestyle.

But you got laid right? Means to an end. Good women and good friends are hard to come by.

Whats important in life is family and a couple of very close friends and a good woman who you can trust...as you stated in your last post. Without those things you will feel the vacuum withing you no matter how much money you spend on yourself. I usually get more joy out of helping other people then I do out of myself, I know I'll always be ok.

Then do what you're happy with, life is about creating happy memories for yourself, it's about the small things, the moments. As for friendships, the best place to find good friends is in poor areas, when a person has nothing and is willing to give what little he/she has, then you got yourself a friend or girlfriend for a life time. Of course, you probably make the mistake of telling everyone you meet your social status, pretend to be poor, watch how people act, you'll spot the right people in time. It's like tending to a garden, you gotta be in it completely in order to spot the weeds that need pulling. I know which people I am comfortable with, I'm not disappointed, whenever I need help they're around, and vice versa. Sharing and helping one another, being there for each other in moments of need, that is the true test of friendship.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Radekus

I was always busy, Concentrating on multiple projects at once...But yes a majority of people were jealous. As for the "poor friends". I was dead broke as a child and have seen some of the hardest times....I made friends during this period but they crossed the line (Hahaha I know what you're thinking, I'm not mafia). I was very simple for a period (Still simple) But there was a phase I went through for about a year when I was spending a little too much every weekend, Buy all the expensive clothes and hired a different car for every night. Getting laid doesn't mean s*** to me, I'm very righteous and I have very strict principles. If you saw me now you would think I was a bum, I no longer cut my hair I try my best not to look attractive to the ladies because I'm pretty content with what I have now. And as for the family, Unfortunately were are having lots of trouble and communication has become very difficult.

OP a lot of us are hanging in there, Be strong.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
OP
Sorry about the x4 post. I certainly didn't mean it. My blackberry only registered 1. You are probably right about me being born at a lower frequency. I have experienced some of the same things as you. Low or high frequency is not a good or bad thing as I see it. Diamonds are very low frequency and radiation is very high. The way I studied frequency was that lower frequencies created darker visuals and higher frequencies brighter. (Like a rainbow.). Not sure if you are asking if I am mad (crazy) or mad (angry). So yes and no. Again sorry about the x4 post.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by LuisCyfer

I wasn't being serious.

Btw, do you have Schizophrenia as well, or something of the sort?

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by heyJude

I hear voices, like, ghost conversations in other rooms, and I can hear my own thoughts. I hear things, as though they are coming from an outside source.

If I imagine a song playing in my head, I'll hear whatever my mind comes up with, faster tempo, strange lyrics, weird sounding instruments, etc. Sometimes songs sound just like the original.
Dude, most of that is pretty normal stuff I thought. Except for hearing "ghost conversations" of course. But I thought all people could hear their own thoughts? I'm also fairly certain most people can imagine songs playing in their head, I can imagine songs near perfect quality and change the tempo, lyrics etc as well. I do all those all the time, and I've done it ever since I can remember. I'm 99% sure none of those things are signs of schizophrenia.

edit on 26-3-2011 by WhizPhiz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by heyJude

Have you tried natural remedy, there are herbs that will do wonders in time for your sleep and cure depresion, even cure your mind, put your mind at rest, relax you, make you feel positive, like life hungry.

edit on 26-3-2011 by pepsi78 because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-3-2011 by pepsi78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by heyJude

I was diagnosed with this weird illness. Which is not. An illness, I mean. We all have it, and I shall tell you something your regular shrink won't: It is a state of mind, a brain response to the strain imposed on it by your way of life. Which IS imposed on you by THEM. "Them" being who ? Well, those "Them" are nothing more but people with a higher IQ, and their relatives and foillowers, using their gained power against US, the ... usual ones. I was born in romania - I made a vow not to mention this country's name with a capital "r", until that time will come when it will deserve-it - and I live in London, and I am fully dedicated to my british nation's wellbeing, and I would happily give away everything I am and have for the sake of this country and its people. Why. People will start asking this question. Well, I do not know, really. This is the way I feel, soul & body. I found England in 1993. Illegal. And everything was different. I was chased like a stray dog all over Europe, just for being ... well... romanian. I am not advocating for ... well, foreigners being allowed into foreign countries. I do know, most of them are scum. You all know it. I know it, and was for so long and sometimes I still am a "foreigner scum". Look at the wonderful ME: I went to the Croydon College and got all those degrees with credits and recommendation letters. In one year. Because I have had all the future lessons already on my laptop, prepared by me, before they were taught in the class. Well... that's another long story. I do know most romanians are scum, and I am sorry, not for them, but for me. On one hand, the whole people in that country is uneducated and ... plain savage. On top, social and political experiments have been done on them, plenty. All the time. Imagine, being brought up as a baby in that country. What a horrid thought. Well, you do not need to, and you do not want to. Why would you? People are looking the wrong way. I do understand very well why locals do not like foreigners taking their jobs, I am in the same boat. I didn't take anyone's job. My job is very specific. And it requires many skills, not just computer or electrical engineering. It is both, and more. It does have kind of secrecy. But, whenever I will have something to say, I shall say it. That's why I joined ATS. I did have a few drinks, and maybe I should zzzzzzzzzip-it and throw-it in the bin. I do not know lie. I talk, I do not write, when you talk, you cannot delete. I don't, deleting is wrong. Whatever I am writing must be there. Think. You cannot delete words in a conversation. When you speak, is... gone. It is there, it has been said. Writing, is easy. Especially on this damn laptop. Write - delete - write - delete - write........ Well, whoever - wherever you are, hate-me, or be with me. For I am a foreigner. And so I shall be forever, whatever I do. I do not care. And you shouldn't, as an UK citizen. Because I am one as well, for 18 years. And because I am filling a gap, not pricewise, but for my skills, and I am being paid quite welI. I left in 1989 that #hole called romania because the ones elected by you made life in that country unbearable. I do not have any intention to start an argument over England's sovereignty, but I must say that it is ruled by Israel, Sweden, Norway and - mainly - Japan. Well, considering the latest events, maybe not anymore. Anyway, not caring about what is happening in the UK, you helped those cheap arseholes rise in the romanian government. I do know, why should I care about those things happening over there, far away !?! Well, because we are living on... basically, a grain of sand. Small and fragile. Whatever happends here, shall be felt over there. I shall never blame the people, but their ignorance. Did you join ATS ? You do know why. And you do know Who You Are. Do your job, then. TEACH. I shall do my job, which is fighting, face-to-face against those monsters. I am doing it, right now. This moment. I am in Eastern-European courts every three weeks, fighting against the system. And here, on ATS, and out there, talking to people, and home again, raising my 4 year daugher, and being thrown in jail, and getting out, and fighting prosecutors, and judjes, and policemen, all sold and bought, I AM HERE. I am fighting. In Eastern and Western Europe. Against the system. What do you do ? What everyone does ? Typing. It is easy. Just hold your laptop on your lap - where else ? - and type away... When it comes about prisons, tortures, abuses of anykind, ... well.. write something on the ATS, and your soul feels relieved. Uhhh. I stop here. This is the end. This is the end, beautiful friend
This is the end, my only friend
The end of our elaborate plans
The end of ev'rything that stands
The end
Jim Morrison. While he was alive. Still. Now he is not. He is just still. And we dream of being alive.
I apologise for... whatever, everything. It is not my intention to be the oger of this site.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Reading these posts are both inspiring, sad and amazing. I think you're brave people in doing this and discussing your problems and answers.

As for me... I can only suggest that those who are depressed ( I suffer from anxiety n depression) try and 'capture' that gnawing, knot of despair and remember what it feels like. I know this sounds crazy, but the next time you feel it rising, you have more control over it, because you are aware of it and can rise up that little bit better every time.

Better yet, i find writing, painting and producing music often helps - I feel like i'm taking bits of the illness out of me and manifesting it on paper. I've been writing a screenplay for the last few months, and it's my way of venting, my anger, pain, frustration into ... a creation. It's even helped me develop a decent story, characters and such.

So... I think i'm trying to say... maybe use your unique glimpse of the world, and turn it into something else. A painting or something?

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhizPhiz
reply to post by heyJude

I hear voices, like, ghost conversations in other rooms, and I can hear my own thoughts. I hear things, as though they are coming from an outside source.

If I imagine a song playing in my head, I'll hear whatever my mind comes up with, faster tempo, strange lyrics, weird sounding instruments, etc. Sometimes songs sound just like the original.

Dude, most of that is pretty normal stuff I thought. Except for hearing "ghost conversations" of course. But I thought all people could hear their own thoughts? I'm also fairly certain most people can imagine songs playing in their head, I can imagine songs near perfect quality and change the tempo, lyrics etc as well. I do all those all the time, and I've done it ever since I can remember. I'm 99% sure none of those things are signs of schizophrenia.

I hear things, as though they are coming from an outside source.

Trust me, it's not normal. Lol.

I'll answer the rest soon.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Awesome post Mr. Lizard. Definitely agree with getting creative

If only more doctors would tell their patients this!!

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by sliceNodice
reply to post by mr-lizard

Awesome post Mr. Lizard. Definitely agree with getting creative

If only more doctors would tell their patients this!!

Well i'm not a new-ager or anything, but i DO believe positive reinforcement is a good thing, i've read dozens of articles and things about how positivity and creativity can benefit people. Although please don't take my advice as concrete as i'm only speaking for myself.

But yes... Some of the best musicians and artists created fine works when they were troubled.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Could you describe the shadow people in a bit more detail ? Do you see defined shapes or something like a dark blurry silhouette ? How often do you see them and do they ever speak ?

Thank you in advance.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by heyJude

As a kid I was diagnosed as Bi-Polar, Manic Depressive, tagged as being suicidal and even accused of possibly having ADD before it was recognized as a "thing." I was in and out of mental health clinics, Juvenile Detention and had a long stay at boys town. My parents never got that when somebody makes money from people being sick or mentally ill, then there will always be sick and mentally ill people. After I turned 18 i stopped eating meat, stopped seeing any type or doctor, went to college and started meditating. Guess what I haven't been sick or sad since then. my daughter is 10 no vaccinations or immunizations and guess what? Top of her class and when the kids are dropping like flies from there vaccine related illnesses she doesn't feel ill for longer than over night and only when it is a designer virus released like the flu. Case and point for me. Are you doing this project for school?

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
What is the most profound thing your condition has made you realize? Perhaps this next question is a little... out there, not strange, but quite literally lol... but nonetheless you seem like the type of chap to have heavily contemplated these kinds of questions.

What are your views on the origin of the universe? Do you believe there is an origin?
edit on 26-3-2011 by sliceNodice because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join