It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ask someone with Schizophrenia anything.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I would just like to say first off that it seems to me like you were just born at a lower vibrational frequency. Which is easily changed (if desired) through meditation. However, in my experience, medication has always reinforced the "Victim Mentality" as opposed to a "Champion Mentality."

My question is this:
If a canoe has 8 doors like a Cadillac; then how many pancakes does it take to cover a doghouse?

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I would just like to say first off that it seems to me like you were just born at a lower vibrational frequency. Which is easily changed (if desired) through meditation. However, in my experience, medication has always reinforced the "Victim Mentality" as opposed to a "Champion Mentality."

My question is this:
If a canoe has 8 doors like a Cadillac; then how many pancakes does it take to cover a doghouse?

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

My question is this:

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I would just like to say first off that it seems to me like you were just born at a lower vibrational frequency. Which is easily changed (if desired) through meditation. However, in my experience, medication has always reinforced the \"Victim Mentality\" as opposed to a \"Champion Mentality.\"

My question is this:

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by LuisCyfer

My question is this:
Something like this?

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by heyJude

Maybe you find the words insightful

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Heyheyjude!

I got a few q's for ya:

Are you very pale?

Do you have heavy body hair growth?

Are you aware of any food allergies in your self?

There are a couple of things you may want to check out.

Google: histapenia, histadelia, and pyroluria.

I have natually low histamine levels, and suffered from severe pyroluria for some time.

Now am on the high dose niacin therapy which is mentioned in the first page by another member, and feel great plus think clearly ;-)

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Thank you for your questions, everyone.

Originally posted by nonnez
At what point do you decipher and differentiate the inner monologue from that of the intrusive-exterior influences (or those which appear to be so)? How much of a "fine line" is there between the two, three, or . . .? Or is there no difference that can be easily perceived?

Thank you

I know the difference between my own thoughts/inner dialogue, and the things that I experience which are not my own.

Originally posted byMossflower
What type of schizophrenia were you diagnosed with? (if I remember right there are different kinds with different manifestations)

Hebephrenic Schizophrenia.

Originally posted by Mossflower

Do you feel that you see deeper levels of reality that other people aren't aware of? Or do you think the differences you perceive are in your head and you wish they would go away?

Yes, I do think that I am able to percieve reality on a different level than other people. It is "in my head", but everyone else experiences reality "in their heads". The only difference is my brain is wired differently, which enables me to percieve things that others can't.

This is my reality, the things I experience are "real".

Originally posted by MossflowerHow would you say this affects your life? I know that may be a stupid question since I would be hard pressed to explain exactly how anything about me affects my life, but I'm just wondering if you think things would be totally different for you if you didn't have the schizophrenia diagnosis attached to you.

Well, I don't only have Schizophrenia, I also suffer from major depression, Bi-polar, and a plaethora of personality disorders.

I have crippling social anxiety, and I suffer from panic attacks daily. I haven't left my house in three years.

Originally posted by superwurzel666
As someone with schizoid problems myself, i have become rather more aggrophobic over the years, to the point where although I like to chat on sites like this, in real life I generally avoid anyone outside my own family like the plague. One of the main reasons for this is that so many people are so utterly ignorant about mental illness, and when someone starts talking to me, it quickly becomes apparent that there is something slightly wrong. Then you try to explain, and just get met with a whole barrage of misconceptions, etc.
When I was younger I'd be more patient with them, and try to explain the situation, but after twenty or so years of it, I just can't be bothered anymore, so I simply don't bother getting into any kind of conversation with most people in the first place.

Darn frustratin' though at times!

I can totally relate to you. I have friends that I talk to online, but in "real life", it's very different.

I hate people, I am a misanthrope. People generally make me very uncomfortable, and their ignorance revolts me. They are not even self aware.

I think you're the one who was born at a lower vibrational frequency.

Not answering your question, u mad? And strong quintuple post.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I don't know you like this. But I believe these words make sense? We learn from you, and you from us..

edit on 26-3-2011 by TribeOfManyColours because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

I would just like to say first off that it seems to me like you were just born at a lower vibrational frequency. Which is easily changed (if desired) through meditation.

I think exactly the opposite. I think he has a higher vibrational frequency. I think the same about people with Asperger's Syndrome.

OP thank you for opening yourself up to questions.

My question is...are you always fully aware of the things which you consider symptoms of Schizophrenia? When they happen, do you consider them "abnormal", as though you were objectively viewing them from the outside as something "happening to you"? Or, do they seem normal or real to you. For instance, the shadow people. Do you always view them as hallucinations, or are there times when you feel that they are real. And is it only when you are taking medications that you can view your situation objectively?

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
Heyheyjude!

Hi.

Are you very pale?

I'm pretty pale. But that's because I don't go outside.

Do you have heavy body hair growth?

Nope.

Are you aware of any food allergies in your self?

Nuh uh.

There are a couple of things you may want to check out.

Google: histapenia, histadelia, and pyroluria.

I have natually low histamine levels, and suffered from severe pyroluria for some time.

Now am on the high dose niacin therapy which is mentioned in the first page by another member, and feel great plus think clearly ;-)

Thanks, I'll look those up right now.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
His is from an higher frequency.

His mind can not conform, due to high energy. Somehow the mind needs to get to release that energy and fabricates. I believe if you live in a free world without rules. Things would go better fast.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by idunno12
I think exactly the opposite. I think he has a higher vibrational frequency. I think the same about people with Asperger's Syndrome.

OP thank you for opening yourself up to questions.

Thank you for posting.

Originally posted by idunno12
My question is...are you always fully aware of the things which you consider symptoms of Schizophrenia? When they happen, do you consider them "abnormal", as though you were objectively viewing them from the outside as something "happening to you"? Or, do they seem normal or real to you. For instance, the shadow people. Do you always view them as hallucinations, or are there times when you feel that they are real. And is it only when you are taking medications that you can view your situation objectively?

I have no doubt that my hallucinations are real. They are my reality.

The shadow people are strange, and creepy, but I don't feel that they are malevolent in nature. They just watch, and observe.

I feel what I experience is not an illness, or a defect.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by scorpioeagle

Keep off the meds,

Never tell someone to keep off the meds! Your are not a Dr. or qualified to treat his problem. I have
seen patients off their meds, not always a good thing especially if they stop suddenly. We're asking
questions here to learn not to give psychological or medical advice of any kind. Please!!
edit on 26-3-2011 by crazydaisy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by heyJude

I can hear my own thoughts. I hear things, as though they are coming from an outside source. If I imagine a song playing in my head, I'll hear whatever my mind comes up with........
Well, I've always been strange, anti-social,........
Anyways, for the past three years I've had really bad depression and it's only gotten worse......
I lucid dream as well. .........

I have all the above, I think it's fairly normal except the depression. I don't have any hallucinations and I have seen a few strange things before but most of the time I was not alone and others witnessed it, Including my mother. I've been depressed for 8 years now and I have been hospitalized for trying to take my own life. I still think about it from time to time.

Anyone else think these things quoted are fairly normal?

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Serizawa

Pretty sure hearing your own thoughts is normal, but perceiving sounds as if they were outside of you, and yet it's just a hallucination...not so normal.

Hearing music in ones mind, and being able to change tempo, tone, etc....not so normal, but not a disease either. It's common amongst musically gifted performers.

I have a running dialogue for some of my thoughts, and have at least one beat playing in mind at all times. Just funky right braininess, IMO.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

I meant only the things quoted, Hallucinations are not normal. Yes I'm a musician and I always have music playing in my mind. Sometimes I'm able to have conversations in my mind like I'm talking to someone else.....weird. Kind of like arguing with yourself in your mind. Normal?

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by heyJude
I feel what I experience is not an illness, or a defect.

I feel that you are not "defective" either.

Do you like the way that you feel when you are taking the medications better than when you were not taking the medications? Are you glad that you are taking medications?

On a side note, I know a little girl who is a carbon copy of her mother in both spirit and thought. They are both the brightest and most creative souls that I know. They are both high energy and are deemed "odd" or "abnormal" within their family of very reserved people. The little girl's mother has been told to put her on medication to "mellow her out", to use a non medical term. This makes me very angry. Her mother has done incredible things in this world and I can not imagine the hole it would have left if someone had put her on medications to "mellow her out" and to force her to fit into the cookie cutter submissive role that society wants her to conform to. She is not doing anything wrong or anything harmful to anyone. She just makes them uncomfortable and don't know how to deal with her.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by heyJude

heyJude, knowing now that you are dealing with mental illness in your life, have you chosen not to have children?

will you be up-front and honest with those you date? i understand issues as serious as mental health are not topic for breaking the ice. there comes a point in dating where either it's over early, it's temporary sex or she has the goo-goo eyes for you and a wedding ring (sorry all for the crude, poor analogy).

my personal choice is not to duplicate. and i'm an advocate of eugenics. i feel more people have to step up and take responsibility for their actions and life choices. i used to visit the mental health portion of a wellness site. it overwhelmed me how many people were dead set on having children. these were people afflicted with bi-polar disorder. considering many people present with a list of problems recognized at diagnosis, it seems like these folks might not be candidate for Parents of the Year IMHO.

what is your opinion, heyJude?

One last Q: for heyJude --- Do you look at your family line or history with different eyes now?

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

I couldn't agree more with you about this!!!

What is also quite often overlooked is that some of us are legally obliged to take our medication or risk being banged up in mental ward for several weeks or months.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join