It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ask someone with Schizophrenia anything.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
To me, your condition just says that you perceive a lot of things differently. Normally a person won't be able to do this but it seems like your living proof of someone who's stuck in what I have seen as a time slip, seeing ghosts as if they are there, objects that you thought were there but aren't. Also to me, the mixing of reality. Very dangerous to some people but you, you are alive that is the most important thing. Get off the drugs, they don't' do anything but make it worse.

What do doctors know about this? Nothing! They don't know anything. Your stuck and you can get yourself out, if you want to. I have been diagnosed with a high-functioning-level of autism known as Aspergers. To me I say "Okay, So?" This is me, no one else.

They see you as a threat. Continue to be that threat. Tell us what you have seen so far and we will decide what to believe or not. If you want to get out, slow down your brain and spirit by telling it to slow down. If not, keep up the good work.

However, this is just one theory of control over one's body and spirit.
edit on 11-4-2011 by FreedomCommander because: improper grammer

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
It's so awesome how everybody on the internet knows exactly how to treat everybody else's problems. Good thing there's nothing wildly irresponsible and dangerous about encouraging unwell people to ignore medical advice, eh?

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by sepermeru
It's so awesome how everybody on the internet knows exactly how to treat everybody else's problems. Good thing there's nothing wildly irresponsible and dangerous about encouraging unwell people to ignore medical advice, eh?

Everyone has a choice. And I can only show the doors to which people can take. If your told you have only have a short amount of time left by a doctor of the medical industry, I suggest look for other doors that the doctor isn't aware of so that you can extend your life.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by sepermeru

Hehe.

Originally posted by FreedomCommander
Everyone has a choice. And I can only show the doors to which people can take. If your told you have only have a short amount of time left by a doctor of the medical industry, I suggest look for other doors that the doctor isn't aware of so that you can extend your life.

Can you please edit your first post? I don't want people to follow your advice..

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by heyJude

No
Im slavian... Hmm not realy , because I didnt had any optical halucinations, nothing, just voices...

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zixo1
reply to post by heyJude

No
Im slavian...

Aw. I was so sure.

Hmm not realy , because I didnt had any optical halucinations, nothing, just voices...

Yeah, I thought about that. But I don't see why auditory hallucinations couldn't be a symptom of HPPD.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomCommander

Can you please edit your first post? I don't want people to follow your advice..

Can't won't allow me due to the reason that I missed the window
edit on 11-4-2011 by FreedomCommander because: incorrect syntax

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Thanks for being open about this.

This is very interesting and educational.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by heyJude

Yes or why should ? Because it wasnt only sense disturbance, I also felt I can control the wheather, and save or destroy the world, opening gates and stuff lol. I always fetl I have to acomplish something in specific time (I also had to figure out) or something bad will happend, but I was always on the "short" side, because even if I do someting or do nothing, something bad will happend to me or people around me, but as I said my mind slowly realized its nonsense...

I have a question for you too.What is your favourite food ? Do you play any sort of online games ?

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Zixo1

Almost God-like sense? Just wait, the time has not come for that.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

..Something bad will happend to me or people around me, but as I said my mind slowly realized its nonsense...

I have a question for you too.What is your favourite food ? Do you play any sort of online games ?

My favorite food, would be the pomegranate. And no, I don't waste my time on things like games.

Thank you for your post.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by heyJude

My son seen shadow people a few times I know they are real because other people have told me on separate occasions that they have seen them also. I am extremely interested in them. Will you tell me all that you know about them and what you believe about them?

Thank you for your time and your willingness to share your self with us.

-Alien

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Alien Abduct

Ok well I think that we are all psychic when we are children, trust me. You just don't remember (as does 99% of the world).

Your son is normal for a child. It is normal to be creative/right brained/imaginative, they have "imaginary friends", some more than others.

But as they grow up society (school) encourages them to abandon the right (magickal) side of the brain, and focus more or the left (analytical, logical, mathematical, etc), because society does not need artists, or poets, or thinkers.

But some people "never grow up" and reject society, and it's institutionalized conforming process in school which prepares them for "real life". And yet we still have artists around, but many are poor, and unknown. That's why all the best musicians are "underground". The music industry creates clones, and fake musicians with lots of sex appeal for the masses to consume and indulge in, but with no talent.

That's why I encourage you all to be more creative, and imaginative, and more in tune with your "right side" of your brain.

When it rains, it must be because you are sad..

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by heyJude

I was interested in something another poster mentioned, about viruses and schitzophrenia, particularly Mono. I have a personality disorder with some cross-over symptoms to Hebephrenic Schitzophrenia. I had Mono when I was 16 and several relapses over the subsequent two or so years, hence my interest in the connection. Can you recall if you had Mono? Or anything similar that may have precipitated or exacerbated your condition in your opinion?

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by BadPenny

I don't recall ever having mono, nor do I remember being significantly ill at the time my symptoms were progressing.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I'm curious...what's your relationships like with people that you know...do you ever look forward to seeing or talking to anybody?

I ask that because most schizophrenics I know are reclusive, and understandably so. But I think a lot of the reason is their ego, you know, either they are afraid of not being able to communicate well or become very anxious at the mere thought of a breakdown. They can't really just concentrate on their surroundings without jumping to conclusions or coming to realizations.

And when you hear different voices clattering at the same time, have you ever been able to just block out the language? Sort of like can you just concentrate on the sounds in your head instead of trying to interpret the language that paralyzes most schizophrenics with indecision?

I know I sound like I'm talking out of my ass...but I believe most mental instabilities come from bad interpretation of human's already flawed logic and communication system.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by heyJude

Thank you for replying to my question.

All the best.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nostradumbass
I'm curious...what's your relationships like with people that you know...do you ever look forward to seeing or talking to anybody?

I never look forward to seeing anyone.

I ask that because most schizophrenics I know are reclusive, and understandably so. But I think a lot of the reason is their ego,

Mon ego est mort.

you know, either they are afraid of not being able to communicate well or become very anxious at the mere thought of a breakdown. They can't really just concentrate on their surroundings without jumping to conclusions or coming to realizations.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bbeab1d836ab.jpg[/atsimg]

And when you hear different voices clattering at the same time, have you ever been able to just block out the language? Sort of like can you just concentrate on the sounds in your head instead of trying to interpret the language that paralyzes most schizophrenics with indecision?

It can be enjoyable listening to them. But yeah, I can try to block them out.

I know I sound like I'm talking out of my ass...but I believe most mental instabilities come from bad interpretation of human's already flawed logic and communication system.

Me too.

Have you by chance read Wittgenstein?

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Alien Abduct

I'm sorry, I forgot to answer your question about the shadows. Well, I talk about them a lot in this thread, you can go to a random page and hit ctrl + f, then type "shadow".

I think they are a somewhat neutral "spirit", which is actually just something from the dreamworld. But still, just a hallucination.

Oh, and on**.
edit on 17-4-2011 by heyJude because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by heyJude

I'm so glad you're still with us, brother! I know how dark it can get sometimes, friend, but you're always better off here with us than departing into the great unknown in a self-destructive state of mind! I really don't have any questions for you, just a piece of unsolicited advice; don't let THEM tell you what you are. the labels are for the doctors, not the patients. you know yourself better than anyone can. give your soul what it yearns for and everything will work out! hang in there, buddy, and if you ever need to chat, please U2U me!

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join