It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beware "UFO" sightings in Swindon, England this weekend

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I make this thread for one reason. This afternoon I saw on the news that there will be a mass Chinese lantern release in and around the Swindon area of England. This is in tribute to a woman whose body was found yesterday with the family gaining permission to fly the lanterns from the Civil Aviation Authority or whichever body controls British skies (because obviously lanterns flying into a potential flight path would be dangerous)

I only say this to warn people just in case any UFO reports come in over the next few days from that area of the country.

If I can get info from a news site I'll post it here, otherwise if anyone else has any articles related then feel free to post yourselves.

I just don't want to see countless "OMG, UFO sighting!!" posts or threads about the area since we already know there will be Chinese lanterns floating around.

Thanks for your time.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by curious7

I think I should hit the predictions forum and lay out my prediction for the massive alien invasion of England. We know it is coming...

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Ok, so this has nothing to do with Lanterns in Swindon but...

I work nights, extremely close to Heathrow Airport in London. As you look out of our warehouse door, you can see the whole length of another companies building (like a rectangle, were my work place is on the shorter length and my view can see only the opposite and left lengths) IF THAT MAKES SENSE :S

Anyway, one night, me and two collegues were standing by the x-ray machine, with no real intent on looking outside, we caught a glimpse of a green light, moving and flashing quite fast. We all saw it and looked at each other, saying "Did you see that?".

Although it may not seem so fascinating, what really gets me is:

1. What flashes green and moves so fast?
2. What could do so, so close to Heathrow Airspace without causing problems?

This thing flew roughly 5 - 8 metres above the building to the left of us

3. What flys that close to a building?

When I got home the first thing I did was look up 'Green flashing flying objects' and found material relating to Russian spy technologies, but am sure this material dated it back to cold war operations.

Anyway, does anyone else know what this was? or have you seen something similar?

new topics

join