It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Update! Radioactive particles concentrating over Northern California! March 25, 2011

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Thread title is taken DIRECTLY from youtube video title in the name of integrity/continuity of the message. And here it is folks:

From the youtube uploaders comments section:

Nuclear Forecast: Radioactive particles appear to concentrate over surface of Northern California on March 28-29 (VIDEO)

March 25th, 2011 at 06:37 PM Fukushima potential releases of Xe-133 from 0 to 100 meters above sea level

March 25-29, Norwegian Institute for Air Research (NILU), March 25-29, 2011: 0 to 100 meters above sea level

Nuclear Forecast: Radioactive particles appear to concentrate over Northern California on March 28-29 *

Although xenon is not toxic, its compounds are highly toxic -- CRC handbook of chemistry

Link to source:

enenews.com...

Be safe everyone. My prayers in addition to the people of Japan, are with my fellow Americans as well. Should I get any updates showing us in the clear, or at least the clear for now, I will post what I know ASAP.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
can you please explain in real terms what this means..
how dangerous, and how wide spread

thanks

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
ugh there is a state called oregon you know why dose everyone use califorina nothing special about them. ANYWAY I LIVE IN PORTland oregon and am getting scared

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Does anyone understanding this would post the dangers and what this means I am sitting in az. studying all the new results deciding what to do!!

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by condition9

If you follow Michio Kaku, then this article may be of interest to you. He was in Portland, OR on a book tour and was interviewed regarding the possible breach and west coast radiation concern.

“This is huge. For the first time, they’re using that dreaded word, ‘breach,’ Kaku said during an interview at KATU’s studios. “Plutonium is the most toxic chemical known to science. A speck of plutonium, a millionth of a gram, could cause cancer.”

His own family and friends in Japan have evacuated to the United States. Kaku was in Portland on a book signing tour, but he was probably more busy answering questions about radiation from Japan heading to the West Coast.

“Here, we’re so far away, that there’s very little danger,” he said.

www.katu.com...

mkaku.org...

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Fukushima POTENTIAL releases

What kind of info do you have to back this up? Any counts in the area? Any testing?

How do you know it's exactly Xe-133? On what do you base the color graph on? How do you know what is what really. Did someone fly up there and measure it and color code it? How exactly does something like that work?

edit on 25-3-2011 by favouriteslave because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by tamenie

Here ya go, been watching it, I live in Sweet Home about a 100 miles straight south of Portland.
www.epa.gov...
This is for the whole west coast to calm you. I check it every day, nothing serious yet.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I seriously can believe this...

We disussed as much, several times. I am suprised that they let this out
for a press release!

Gaps In U.S. Radiation Monitoring System Revealed
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Hmmm anyone have proof this video portrayal is really happening? So many people here willing to believe?

I'm definitely not one to trust our government but how can a trust this video. What are the credentials of the person making it. How do they know specifically what isotopes are in concentration in the air. The Japanese government won't even fully disclose what is being used in each reactor and how extensive the damage is. I would suppose it's much greater than they are letting on but that is no proof to what is actually floating in the air on the west coast.

Still waiting for my first questions to be answered about this video. If you want people on your side give concrete proof to back the claim.

On many sides I'd like to say it's true just to prove all the naysayers wrong about "dilution is the solution to pollution" I don't think radiation in any state or level is good for anyone. Especially long term exposure even at a lower level. I just want you to back your claim.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by stardust1955
reply to post by tamenie

Here ya go, been watching it, I live in Sweet Home about a 100 miles straight south of Portland.
www.epa.gov...
This is for the whole west coast to calm you. I check it every day, nothing serious yet.

I too have been monitoring that site.

I live in Las Vegas......

check out these readings and can someone explain the results ?

www.epa.gov...

the graphs are much higher than just about anywhere else !

am I seeing things ????

The site was "down for maintenance" 2 days ago also ???

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Say no to fear mongering and panic.

(Click on the link below for the full size picture)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b7efba41b291.png[/atsimg]
xkcd.com...

edit on 26-3-2011 by DJanon because: fixed link

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by favouriteslave

no...the fact is NOBODY has any proof that any of these models or forecasts are actually happening but they're all being used as if they're 100% fact. I find it a bit irritating personally. And again, I know I've said so before but I have friends in SoCal who are independently taking readings and would tell me if things were getting dicey and I've yet to hear a thing from them so unless the government has somehow found out about them and has bought them (lolololol) i'm assuming its STILL not time to panick

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Newbomb Turk

I don't know how people can keep titling these videos this way and expect them to be taken for fact when right at the top of the model it says POTENTIAL.

There's no way to prove this is how the wind will carry and deposite the particles...wind changes all of the time.

FYI i have friends in socal that are independently taking readings and thus far there's nothing to suggest the particles are concentrating. Sorry to dissapoint

new topics

top topics

join