It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sucker Punch - Made for ATS - Incredible Message(s) Contained Within

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I just returned from the movie theater after having seen Sucker Punch. This is going to be a spoiler thread, so please do run off and watch the movie before reading this.

First, this movie was incredible and the messages contained within it were brilliantly embedded within it. I suspect most people will walk out believing they watched an action movie but that is not the case.

I will follow up with a detailed outline -- stop reading and see the movie at this point.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

I actually want to see this movie, but won't be able to until who knows.
I don't mind spoilers, lol So i'm looking forward to waht you have to say.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

erm...cant you just say what you think!!?

my bro told me to watch battlefield los sngelas when i wanted to see, i am no.4...I NEVER LET SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT TO WATCH WITHOUT A SUMMARY ANYMORE ....lol...this is an inquastition now lol

HEY I GOT THE TRAILER...I THINK YOUR RIGHT PURE ATS lol

i think shes mentally ill though innit lol....im still watching i am no. 4 tonight

edit on 25-3-2011 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
1) Baby Doll is one part victim of circumstance but she has a leading hand in causing her own personal hell - message = we are the creators of our own prison/hell.

2) The movie has three levels of reality. Reality, the not so horrific version of reality, and the dream state.

a) In my opinion the dream state is the spirit realm and the incredible battle sequences which take place are symbolic of the spiritual warfare which is taking place at this very moment as they conduct their operation/battle in reality.

b) The second level of reality I think is intended to make the movie more palatable and the characters more relate-able to the viewer. I feel there is some other message intended but I am unsure of what it is.

3) In the first entrance to the second level of reality Baby Doll saves Rocket from the Cook. Rocket later indicates that people there usually do not look out for each other which is a statement on our own reality.

4) In the first entrance to the spirit realm, Baby Doll is in Japan which I think is again an incredibly odd coincidence given the focus on Japan. The focus of the movie is set out in this sequence, how to escape the prison of reality.

a) The prison is not reality but the reality we have made for ourselves. The villains in reality are the authorities, the "order"lies, the Mayor, the Catholic church, the police, and lack of morality. We created the system and then fell victim to it.

b) In the first battle sequence Baby Doll has to face three "giant" samurai (more on that in a later post). A distinguishing feature of the samurai are their long noses. Baby Doll must first defeat the "lie". The samurai are dark figures with red eyes but when cut light bleeds forth in to the world. With each victory she grows stronger and is fully "awakened".

(more to come)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
5) Now awake she sets out to "escape". The quest leads her to collect a map, fire, a knife, and a key plus an unknown item.

The second battle is to retrieve the map. The message is "If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything." The scene is an imagined version of World War I complete with bi-planes and blimps except the soldiers they are fighting all look like the storm trooper in the DIA murals and are the re-animated dead. The heroes use advanced weapons (for the most part) including a battle Mech. (will summarize later)

The third battle is to retrieve fire. The message is "Don't write a check with your mouth that your ___ cannot cash." The scene is a reversed type of Lord of the Rings type of castle invasion. The orcs are holding the castle while the knights are invading across a long bridge. The mission is to kill the baby dragon inside the castle, and steal two crystals from its throat which when struck together create fire -- all without waking the real dragon. The heroes again use advanced weapons including an airplane with 50 caliber guns.

The fourth battle is to retrieve the knife but in the dream state it is a bomb (called Kitchen Knife) on a train headed for a city set to explode and guarded by what look like iRobots. The mission is a near failure and Rocket is killed.

a) There is an order to these battles that is important. The first is against what can be described as Europe with Germany at its center. I hold the view that the references in Revelation to the curse that comes which prevents men from dying though they long to die is alluded to here or it could be that the soldiers are also nothing more than drones. The second is against the dragon which is symbolic of China. The last against our own technology which we fail to defeat before it destroys us. Again, there is a heavy parallel to the book of Revelation in all of this.

b) The dragon awakens when its child is killed and it takes off with absolute fury which is visually what I imagine when I read those verses in Revelation - not that I believe in the symbolic dragon but the entity it represents.

c) In the dragon scene it is interesting that the heroes kill off both the Orcs defending the castle as well as the Knights which are invading. Throughout the movie there is allusion to the hand of the elite in keeping us imprisoned - from the authorities to the Mayor to the High Roller which is the main character from the television series Mad Men.

d) The map is held by enemy forces, the dragon possesses fire, but the bomb relating to knife I found to be very odd. It is a stretch and I believe the real meaning behind it is that our technology is on a collision course and will, in the end, destroy us. It is the only mission which the team fails to complete. They get the knife in the real world, but the city is destroyed by the bomb in the spirit world.

(more to come)

edit on 3/25/2011 by ararisq because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
6) The last messages are fairly overt but also the most important. Baby Doll realizes that she cannot win but she can help others escape - she realizes the last item is herself. She sacrifices herself to allow the narrator of the story - Sweet Pea to escape which she does in the second level of reality.

a) Back in reality she has been lobotomized which alludes to the fact that she has been "plugged back in", made docile, and compliant.

7) Sweet Pea is then seen having escaped the prison and headed back home. She is stopped by the police before boarding but the stranger which has been in the spirit realm guiding them is the bus driver and makes up a cover story for her to escape the police (she has escape the mental institution).

a) The bus she boards is ATS 45. I think it is 45 as it is fuzzy. The code that they type in to defuse the bomb (before it is turned back on) is also ATS 45. The code is given to them by the stranger. There is something to this - I think other than referring to Above Top Secret.

8) Finally, the most overt message is spoken as the movie fades to black. "You are the weapon" and to stand up and start the fight.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
There is a lot of detail and a lot of other hidden gems in this which I will only remember and be able to delve in to once I get this on DVD.

The general message is this -

o We are in a prison of our own creation.

o We are oppressed by corrupt and abusive authority.

o We have to wake up and recognize the lie, only then can we see the light.

o We have to take a stand and resist or we will be led compliantly in to our own destruction.

o Not everyone will be able to withstand the challenge (one of the five cannot keep fighting).

o This is not just a worldly battle but a spiritual battle as well.

o We are the solution, we are the weapon, get up and fight.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I've been reading the reviews this morning and thus far I've not found anyone that has understood what they watched; focusing too much on the styling of 300 and Watchmen and the supposedly understated performance of the actresses.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
The mainstream doesn't get this movie at all.

'Sucker Punch' review: Be a doll and escape

I just hope he doesn't misinterpret what I expect will be the reception of "Sucker Punch" as punishment for being artistic. It's just a bad screenplay. Not everyone has to be a writer. To be a first-class director is rare enough.

Movie Review: Sucker Punch Fun to Watch and Confusing All at the Same Time!

In his first nonadaptation, director Zack Snyder (300, Watchmen) seems to be trying for the most expensive art film ever, but the story--about girls in a mental institution who detach from reality--often sidetracks in favor of cool visuals that don't necessarily make sense. His ambition is impressive, but his attention span is limited.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I'm bumping this once more in case anyone has had the opportunity to watch the movie since I posted it last night. I'm interested to hear other people's takes on this.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
me and the wife went and seen it today we both thought it was stupid wish i would have read this first but nazi soldiers that were brought back using steam and clock parts was pretty stupid i thought.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by ararisq
1) Baby Doll is one part victim of circumstance but she has a leading hand in causing her own personal hell - message = we are the creators of our own prison/hell.

2) The movie has three levels of reality. Reality, the not so horrific version of reality, and the dream state.

a) In my opinion the dream state is the spirit realm and the incredible battle sequences which take place are symbolic of the spiritual warfare which is taking place at this very moment as they conduct their operation/battle in reality.

b) The second level of reality I think is intended to make the movie more palatable and the characters more relate-able to the viewer. I feel there is some other message intended but I am unsure of what it is.

3) In the first entrance to the second level of reality Baby Doll saves Rocket from the Cook. Rocket later indicates that people there usually do not look out for each other which is a statement on our own reality.

4) In the first entrance to the spirit realm, Baby Doll is in Japan which I think is again an incredibly odd coincidence given the focus on Japan. The focus of the movie is set out in this sequence, how to escape the prison of reality.

a) The prison is not reality but the reality we have made for ourselves. The villains in reality are the authorities, the "order"lies, the Mayor, the Catholic church, the police, and lack of morality. We created the system and then fell victim to it.

b) In the first battle sequence Baby Doll has to face three "giant" samurai (more on that in a later post). A distinguishing feature of the samurai are their long noses. Baby Doll must first defeat the "lie". The samurai are dark figures with red eyes but when cut light bleeds forth in to the world. With each victory she grows stronger and is fully "awakened".

(more to come)

I think you overthink it.You're just one of those people who try to find conspiracy everywhere and so am I.But that is just going too far.It's very unlikely that somebody would add all those "hidden messages".According to your thinking we can find hundreds of interpertations OF EVERY SINGLE MOVIE there is.

You're overthinking it.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I just saw the film and absolutely loved it. It is not simply a candy-action-cgi-spectacular film, so the people who go to watch it to see cute girls kick a^^ are going to leave a bit confused. There is enough cute girls kicking a^^ action to satisfy, though.

I doubt the movie does well because it takes some brain-effort and the difficult parts aren't explained in 5th grade terms like in The Matrix. Director tries to cover the 'raw vegetables' of the message in 'chocolate coolness', probably in an effort to get it to more people. . .and will probably fail.

This will end up being one my favorites, the movie I can't share with anyone because my reaction to it was at a personal level and most people will not get it. . .(and it will not be worth the effort of explaining it.)

I agree that there are pretty strong messages from this film, with the primary one being a call to arms. This is definitely a film that got through TPTB filters, so please go support it, even if it is just to watch cute girls kick a^^
edit on 3/27/2011 by zefiro because: addition

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by zefiro

Thanks Zefiro, I am glad someone else understood what was in this movie. To the poster above, I'm not over-thinking it - if you have the eyes to see it is plain as day -- and yes you can find hidden messages in a lot of films as the writers and directors are trying to impact society on a subtle indirect level.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I was finally able to watch this movie today, and I also enjoyed it very much. After reading through a bunch of reviews I was a bit shocked at all the negative things that critics had to say about it.

Then again, I don't really expect most people to actually think about what they are watching. The message that I got from Sucker Punch was along the same lines as you - I also took her dancing to symbolize meditation and entering a trance. You've nailed the symbolism that I saw right on the head otherwise, so I don't have too much to add until I get the DVD.

I really enjoyed the quotes at the beginning and end of the movie, specifically, "Who chains us and who holds the key that can set us free? It's you. You have all the weapons you need - now fight!"

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Konah

Did the guide (the man) give them a catch-phrase quote in the train/robot engagement? I remembered the first two but not the third.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ararisq
reply to post by Konah

Did the guide (the man) give them a catch-phrase quote in the train/robot engagement? I remembered the first two but not the third.

Yeah, I think it was "For those who fight for it, life has a flavor others would never know", or something similar. Now I have to go re-watch it.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I want to watch this movie. Have ever since I saw the previews. I'm actually disatisfied with the reviews I've read on it though. I mean yeah I haven't saw it yet but man. People are ripping it to shreds. I'm sure it's like you've explained that no one is understanding it.

Just like most don't understand "They Live" the acting sucks obviously. But it's the story and message of that movie that counts. Everyone is in a deep sleep and don't want to put their sunglasses on.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vicarious10000
I want to watch this movie. Have ever since I saw the previews. I'm actually disatisfied with the reviews I've read on it though. I mean yeah I haven't saw it yet but man. People are ripping it to shreds. I'm sure it's like you've explained that no one is understanding it.

Just like most don't understand "They Live" the acting sucks obviously. But it's the story and message of that movie that counts. Everyone is in a deep sleep and don't want to put their sunglasses on.

Well when you do watch it please come back and post your interpretation and let me know what I've got right and wrong. I'm glad other people have agreed and I'm not completely off the reservation. It is unfortunate that the movie has been understood by so few but it highlights in my mind how far I've been awakened in the past couple of years that I have the "eye to see" it for what it is.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

I would greatly agree about the hidden messages (although for those with eyes to see it, its plain as day). I would like to add some points.

1. The MK-Ultra theme, the father of Babydoll was a priest or something along those lines, and was abusing his children. This is a little know truth about the darkside of some of these chaps and the Vatican. I have heard stories of children being abused, exposed to satanic rituals and traumatically brain washed, this seemed to be one of the hidden truths of the film. What also confirmed my suspision of this was the song that came on i think in Babydoll's 2nd dance. The song had a reference to Alice in Wonderland, one pills makes you bigger the other makes you smaller, when i heard this whilst watching i got a chill down my spine as Alice in Wonderland, amongst other childrens films are used as trance triggers in mind control. Also these children are used and abused by people in power, the scene with the Mayor sums this up. The astounded look on his face as a disturbed, scared Babydoll is forced to dance provocatively, is a perfect symbol for the sick minded people, who by the way are really insecure and deeply disturbed, get off on this mix of fear, sex and control!
  2. Another strong factor of the movie is the, You are what you create, You create your own reality, business. This is a vital tool to remeber in the times we live in, co-creating a better reality and no longer adhereing to the "House Of Cards-Control System" which we are holding up. The reality Babydoll slips into when dancing is talking place in her mind (as i see it) and in her reality she is void of limitations, pointing out that we are far more capable and far more powerful than we are lead to believe.
  3. And finally the idea of this reality, this life being an experience, like a game where we have joined to gain in experience and learn through the massive suppression and control that we are under. Then breaking thourgh the control and suppression to remeber (re-learn) who and what we really are, and truly thinking for ourselves. The guirdian angel theme points this out nicely, we are indeed assisted through the experience by higher forces. There is a line in the movie at the start, something like "Our angels (guides) can appear anywhere at anytime, seen or unseen, in strange places, sometimes as strange people (or things), they are there to remind us why we are here, even if they have to shout through demons." Thats probably an inaccurate qoute, but I think I captured its meaning. The idea of angels or guirdians screaming through demons, shows how there really isn't such a thing as good or evil in the higher realms its a concept that we have created. This really makes me feel like coming into this life is like going away from home, on an exciting adventure, with thrills, spills and lots of adrenaline! Bills Hicks also said this life is but a ride, something we created to learn from and enjoy! But its an illusion.

I'm sure there are even more meanings and messages to get people thinking, but judging by one of my really closed minded friends actually walking out half way through the film, i would say not everyone is going to understand it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join