It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Pain of a Parasite Cleanse

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I was always told that youre body gets very achey and your overall health is hampered somewhat (during the month or so that you do the cleanse. I guess the parasite dies in this period and your body responds in a like way). But i always doubted that would happen to me.

7 days ago i started a cleanse and 3 days ago i picked up a really bad cold from my sister (I havent been sick for years. Im generally always in a good state of health) and im completely congested, i have a sore throat and i have a chronic cough, my body is sore, im very tired, and my mind is hazy.... This is horrible! And i still have 3 more weeks of this cleanse to go through.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
well stop cleansing yourself and life your life.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

What "cleanse"? What are you talking about?

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
You know you could just use google.

A parasite cleanse is a cleanse designed to kill parasites.

Likewise there are colon cleanses, and candida cleanses for woman. Its basically a few pills, in my case, 2 artemeisia pills, 1 clove pill, and 10 drops of black walnut oil.

You take this before each meal. During the cleanse you have to avoid sugary or high carb foods. Drink lots of water, eat pumpkin seeds(which contain certain oils that benefit in the cleanse), drink other stuff. etc.

They are designed to kill Intestinal Parasites, which are

parasites that populate the gastro-intestinal tract in humans and other animals.[1] They can live throughout the body, but most prefer the intestinal wall. Means of exposure include: ingestion of undercooked meat, drinking infected water, and skin absorption. A parasite is an organism that feeds off another organism, called a host. The major groups of parasites include protozoans (organisms having only one cell) and parasitic worms (helminths)

Most people have these disgusting things living in them. A common symptom is continuously watery or very soft stool. I basically have had soft poo for 4 months or so clearly something isnt right with my intestines/colon. I did this cleanse for my health, even though during the cleanse itself you tend to ache/have a lower immunity
edit on 25-3-2011 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by instrumentality

I thought i was appealing to normal people, who have gone through these sort of cleanses and could share with me their own experiences.

But unfortunately, the first 3 posters thus far have been cynical weirdos.

And whats to question about the legitimacy of this topic? Its a fact! Intestinal parasites do infact exist, and certain diets/treatments can effectively kill them. What is so equivocal about this?
edit on 26-3-2011 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by instrumentality

Wow.... and you have the nerve to call her an attention whore?

OP, I've never tried the parasite cleanse, but have heard about them. If you are feeling that bad, can you stop the cleanse and start again when you are feeling better?
I hope you are feeling better soon.

edit on 26-3-2011 by virraszto because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Not sure where your attitude is coming from, but it's not attractive at all.
I should not have to use Google to read a thread on ATS.It is YOUR responsibility, if you choose to create a thread, to create it in such a manner that explains your point and so that others can easily understand the OP.
Please explain to me how my post was "cynical" or "weird"? I was simply asking for clarification on what you were talking about because
see above).
Maybe you should "cleanse" your attitude instead of your intestine.
Good God...
:

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Skippy1138

I made a mistake quoting you. I clearly got from your post a need to clarify, although to be honest i thought in the "Health" section, people would be acquainted with the concept of a parasite cleanse.

Maybe i expected too much.

I dont have an attitude problem at all. Also, keep in mind that i am fairly sick. This may have factored into my irascibility.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
And BTW, for future reference.

There was more than a hint of exagerration in your post.

If you wanted more information, there was no need for "????
", as if I had left you completely and utterly bemused. That is an exagerrated response: one which appeared to me as overly dramatic.

Further, you helped to set the tone for the idiot who said "youre an attention whore".

So basically, instead of being normal, and symathizing with my situation..You acted as if my first post provided no information at all. You could have kindly asked "mind elaborating what a parasite cleanse is?" and i would of done so, politely. But your tone didnt come off as genuinely inquisitive, but as sardonic.

So, i included you with the other poster as being a "cynical weirdo". One easily led by his emotions. Instead of measuring your response in a way that was justified, you allowed your incorrect perception to lead you to expressing an overly confused/irritated position..

That being said, my 'cynical weirdo' comment was directed more to the last poster, than to you.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by virraszto

Im a Guy

Ya. The worse part is the sore throat and the overall lethargy. It doesnt help when im trying to study.

also, when you start a cleanse, doctors recommend that you complete it.

So, im going to tough it out for the next 3 weeks. Hopefully the cold will go away. If not, its worth the sufferring to kill these blasted parasites.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Are you doing a 30 day cleanse? You should keep a diary, take pictures. Might be a gross, but interesting thread. I'd read it. Keep it up, you will get through this.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by BnletB
Are you doing a 30 day cleanse? You should keep a diary, take pictures. Might be a gross, but interesting thread. I'd read it. Keep it up, you will get through this.

Yes. Im on day 8.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Fair enough....

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Skippy1138

Im sorry for the nitpicking.

Usually i wouldnt go so psychological on people. Im just incredibly sick and its getting worse by the day.

Right now i have these weird and very uncomfortable lumps on my tongue and im producing mucous at an unprecedented rate (for me atleast). I have a garbage that is completely full of tissues. Every 5 minutes i am blowing ridiculous amounts out. I have no idea how my body manages to produce so much so quickly ( i think it may be dehydrating me aswell).

And i have 20 more days to go
. This is not even funny!

I think i may have picked up a parasite by idiotically putting my mouth on my dogs snout after getting a little carried away while playing with her.

This is the punishment. Dogs are cute, but they are #ing disgustingly dirty. And now i have a hellish 3 weeks to go through.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
It's all good- no worries.
Hope you feel better soon....

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
how did it go?

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Unfortunately, this is fairly common during a cleanse of this kind. Not only are you ridding your body of any sort of parasite embedded in your mucosa of your intestinal lining, but you are also purging any "bad guys" that might have infested any part of your body over the years of your life. This is a good thing, even though it may not feel like it right now!

Your body is focused on removing these parasite, fungus, bacteria, ect. from your organs and leaving the gate wide open for the ordinary bug to get past the normal defenses that your immune system might normally have. Seeing as how you have a strong immune system (not getting sick frequently) this would explain the severity of your symptoms in that they are working extra hard to rid your body of these parasites.

There are many things that you can do additionally to aide your body in its natural defenses as well as quicken the process and make you feel great!

The first thing I can recommend are natural herbs to amplify your immune response in an adaptive manner according to your situation. By using adaptogenic herbs like Astragalus or Reishi or Garlic, you will greatly reduce your recovery time and also boost your immune system against further invasion.

Another thing is to deepen your cleanse. When I did a parasite/candida cleanse I experienced similar symptoms. Throbbing headaches, cold like symptoms, cough, sore throat, and joint/body aches. I deepened my cleanse by going on a 3-4 day juice fast to flush my body with tons of vitamins and minerals, moving my body from a catabolic phase (storing toxins for the use of energy later on) to an anabolic phase (the release of toxins into the body to be consumed as energy and discarded).

Also, deep breathing exercises and light cardio are a great way to assist your body in its natural detoxification process. Deep breathing helps to oxygenate all of your internal organs that regulate the filtering of toxins and also helps to trigger the lymphatic system to drain and release stored toxins.

A good way to incorporate these ideals into your everyday is by eating more raw foods (while chewing abundantly) into your daily diet, taking herbal supplements, and participating in daily yoga/qi gong/ tai chi practices.

Hope this helps
Jraffe

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 11:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jraffe

Unfortunately, this is fairly common during a cleanse of this kind. Not only are you ridding your body of any sort of parasite embedded in your mucosa of your intestinal lining, but you are also purging any "bad guys" that might have infested any part of your body over the years of your life. This is a good thing, even though it may not feel like it right now!

Your body is focused on removing these parasite, fungus, bacteria, ect. from your organs and leaving the gate wide open for the ordinary bug to get past the normal defenses that your immune system might normally have. Seeing as how you have a strong immune system (not getting sick frequently) this would explain the severity of your symptoms in that they are working extra hard to rid your body of these parasites.

There are many things that you can do additionally to aide your body in its natural defenses as well as quicken the process and make you feel great!

The first thing I can recommend are natural herbs to amplify your immune response in an adaptive manner according to your situation. By using adaptogenic herbs like Astragalus or Reishi or Garlic, you will greatly reduce your recovery time and also boost your immune system against further invasion.

Another thing is to deepen your cleanse. When I did a parasite/candida cleanse I experienced similar symptoms. Throbbing headaches, cold like symptoms, cough, sore throat, and joint/body aches. I deepened my cleanse by going on a 3-4 day juice fast to flush my body with tons of vitamins and minerals, moving my body from a catabolic phase (storing toxins for the use of energy later on) to an anabolic phase (the release of toxins into the body to be consumed as energy and discarded).

Also, deep breathing exercises and light cardio are a great way to assist your body in its natural detoxification process. Deep breathing helps to oxygenate all of your internal organs that regulate the filtering of toxins and also helps to trigger the lymphatic system to drain and release stored toxins.

A good way to incorporate these ideals into your everyday is by eating more raw foods (while chewing abundantly) into your daily diet, taking herbal supplements, and participating in daily yoga/qi gong/ tai chi practices.

Hope this helps
Jraffe

HI Jraffe!! Great stuff!! I am on my third week. The first was horrific. The onset and realization, extremely disturbing. I began with poison, a dose of PinX. Which didn't seem very effective. I knew that I required more. Capsules for 10 days, maximum strength mucinex d for 4 and naps. Last week I switched to a tincture which is a lot more effective. Now eating less than 20% fruit and gf grains and I added 4oz of unsweetened organic aloe. I am drinking nearly 64 ounces of clean water, a cup of matcha tea and kombucha daily as well as vibrant health, vibrant green with 25 billion probiotics. The "die off symptoms" will be worth it in the long run. After the detox I plan to cleanse my liver, pancreas, floors, clothing, bedding etc... Again as well. I am considering a hydrotherapy course and will definitely be doing a full body cleanse every 6 months from now on. The topical I concocted I will probably continue as a preventive measure.
Any future encounters with invaders will hopefully never be as invasive. I was not aware of the number of parasites in such numerous places and ways to contract them. I really had monsters inside me.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Please be careful, people can die from the toxicity of the die off. Dead worms in the organs can cause infection.

top topics

join