It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian military to lead Libya Mission

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
So. I do not know when it changed from a UN mission to a NATO mission, but Canada is now in the driver's seat or is soon to be. Admittedly, we do have six CF-18's and two CP-140 Aurora aircraft in the air over Libya. Each of these aircraft, though well maintained, are probably ready to be mothballed. I figure America does not want to be seen as the provocator to any retailiation; as well, Canada doesn't need to do this, but, it does get people looking to other things besides the upcoming election after the recent announcement of the minority government being dissolved. In a way, I can see the government stating that the military needs new aircraft and thus increase the speed of the F-35s production into the service. I do hope no retailiation happens for this but...
Cheers!

www.cbc.ca...

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
hey, ur a little late, its being discussed already on ATS try the search bar.

i would provide a link but my comp is slow.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Why are any of us there? Serious question. It's a large nation with less people in it than Metro Toronto. Hell of an easy target though. We're #23 on the military map and Libya? Scratching the surface:

www.globalfirepower.com...

This is a piss poor military action. We shouldn't even be in it. It like they want to legitimizes it. I hope we aren't being whores to the world military regime.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Sorry OUNjahhryn, I did search but got nothing from it. Since its here then delete mine, mods.
On another note, its goods to see that it is up. I feel its an important positioning by the government yet I think its some kind of distraction...
Cheers,

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Is it just me or does anyone else see our actions as trying to back away from the conflict to please Russia and China?

This is OK with me as we always seem to be the pushy bad guy.

It is surprising that Canada is accepting leadership in the military action.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by gardCanada

heres the link
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Funny an election just got called too...
the Americans always said we were harbouring terroists...
and here we are helping the Al CIA DUH rebels

The CIA’s Libya Rebels: The Same Terrorists who Killed US, NATO Troops in Iraq
2007 West Point Study Shows Benghazi-Darnah-Tobruk Area was a World Leader in Al Qaeda Suicide Bomber Recruitment

tarpley.net...

harper is a globalist zionist puppet

ps also harper is a buildaberger apointee as he tried to lie about and was busted...
they are trying to corner the worlds water
Libya has a big pile of water
z10.invisionfree.com...
edit on 25-3-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-3-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

join