It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists to Drill Earth's Mantle, Retrieve First Sample?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by teapot
I tend to agree with the Hopi. Earth is crying. She suffers on many fronts, including human degradation of her awesome beauty.

True, but to the Hopi, you see, if a bird was crying then the Earth was said to be crying as well, as we are all one to the Hopi... You see?

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Go ahead! I am 10,000% sure hell is in the middle of Earth and they will drill far enough into Earth to hear the voices of the lost spirits there! It already happened!! Youtube "miners drill into Hell" and hear the sounds!! If you believe its a hoax, then just wait for these scientist to find the same thing! But this time it will be well documented and HD sound!! Can't wait for this!!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ag893
Go ahead! I am 10,000% sure hell is in the middle of Earth and they will drill far enough into Earth to hear the voices of the lost spirits there! It already happened!! Youtube "miners drill into Hell" and hear the sounds!! If you believe its a hoax, then just wait for these scientist to find the same thing! But this time it will be well documented and HD sound!! Can't wait for this!!

Is the Earth hollow?

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Scientists? SCIENTISTS?? Well, if they're SCIENTISTS they *must* know what they're doing. Nothing to worry about, folks, it's people who understand SCIENCE....

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by OhioPariah

lol that is a theroy well i guess if they do drill all the way down there we will find out oh no wait we proberly won't
if they did and it was hollow it would get covered up lol

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I guess there may be some truth in the adage that if you live long enough, you'll see many things come around a second time. This time it's the rebirth of Project Mohole.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by agentblue

Actually, we do know, it's called physics. The gravitational forces would remain constant. If you could actually do this, you would eventually find equalibrium at the center of gravity... Not at the "center of the Earth" although the two would likely be fairly close together due the dynamics of a viscous, spinning object. You would then be suspended there in essentially zero gravity. However the pressures would have long since killed you, unless you were able to equalize your drill shaft with roughly atmospheric pressures.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

Originally posted by teapot
I tend to agree with the Hopi. Earth is crying. She suffers on many fronts, including human degradation of her awesome beauty.

True, but to the Hopi, you see, if a bird was crying then the Earth was said to be crying as well, as we are all one to the Hopi... You see?

Yes, friend, I see. As does the Universe. Not only Earth in turmoil but Man also. We are one in the All.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by FarBeyondDriven69

There are no, repeat NO, problems anticipated - and NO perceived environmental risk. I am just bloody relieved about that. BLOODY relieved. :whew:

There's no danger of a blowout, such as the Gulf oil spill, because there are no oil and gas deposits in the mid-ocean for the drill to accidentally penetrate, he added.

Nor would the mantle rocks suddenly erupt out of the hole, since the channel would be narrow and mantle rocks aren't molten.

"There is a risk of failure in that the hole could collapse," he said, "but there is no perceived environmental risk."

[/sarcasm]

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Won't be a "blowout". There are natural "drill shafts" all over the planet. Molten rock seeps out all the time. The planet isn't going to explode because WE put a little pin prick in it's surface, lol.

Now locally, as in VERY locally, not city wide, more like a few dozen meters perhaps, the drill could potentially hit a pocket of gas that is under extreme pressure and she might burp something up. This happens with all manner of drilling operations however and we do know how to avoid/deal with these events.

If someone does get hurt, it's be the guys doing the drilling, not the guy 100 miles away pounding Dr. Pepper and maddly smoking his cigs while surfing the ATS forums.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ex_CT2
Scientists? SCIENTISTS?? Well, if they're SCIENTISTS they *must* know what they're doing. Nothing to worry about, folks, it's people who understand SCIENCE....

And since those scientists are soooo much smarter than us, why should there be any worries, right? But IF they should cause a cataclysmic event, oh well....according to this, it might be presumed that there will be no accountability. Just another scientific OOPS.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Ahh, this makes me laugh, all the science taught everywhere that they know what the earth is made of and how deep everything is, etc.

I was wondering how they could have known all of that since noone has ever drilled down, now they are ??

I can remember asking my teachers how in hell they knew what the earth consisted of, and now i have PROOF they were lying.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Which country is pouring their taxpayers' dollars down another hole?
If they want to see what's there, sample some lava.
Kids can't get decent teachers and class sizes. Forget the hole.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by agentblue

The deepest hole..thelongestlistofthelongeststuffatthelongestdomainnameatlonglast.com...info...

That is an absolute load of BS and you should be ashamed for posting it. So, they drilled 14.4 KM into the center of the Earth? 14.4 KM isn't even a pinprick on the Earth. They are a little over half way through the crust, let alone the mantle or core.The diameter of the plant is around 8000 miles, or 14000 KM.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
That sounds pretty dangerous.
The hot core is under gravitational pressure (due to tidal forces and the rotation of the earth), so IF they reach the core they'll most likely create another vulcano. Isn't that the way a vulcano "works"?? Magma from the earth's core finds its way through the crust and erupts on the surface?
edit on 26-3-2011 by SunLightyear because: mistake

Oh i was mistaken, they plan to drill to the mantel, not the core!
edit on 26-3-2011 by SunLightyear because: i was mistaken

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by DragonTattooz

Originally posted by agentblue

The deepest hole..thelongestlistofthelongeststuffatthelongestdomainnameatlonglast.com...info...

That is an absolute load of BS and you should be ashamed for posting it. So, they drilled 14.4 KM into the center of the Earth? 14.4 KM isn't even a pinprick on the Earth. They are a little over half way through the crust, let alone the mantle or core.The diameter of the plant is around 8000 miles, or 14000 KM.

It's an urban legend started in Europe. (originally I thought it was Great Britain it was started in but then I remembered they reported a story from some church bulletin in Eastern Europe)
edit on 26-3-2011 by drkylefletcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   
So we know that volcanoes happen when the pressure from the magma gets too great and 'splodes (pardon the simple explanation). So these clowns want to drill right down into that deal. Sweet. I've got my thread title ready and don't you guys steal it, either.

"URGENT: Giant BBFFFT sound coming from EarthDrill site: Earth shooting around like deflating balloon!!!!"

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Urban Legend.
As in not real, ie: a hoax.

If (and this is a very loose "if") this was real, this would mean hell is only ~14km into the Earth's crust. The crust is 30+km thick, so they didn't even make it to the mantle. Why would hell be contained within the crust? There is 4,000 miles to the core.

It's a silly story that makes no sense, very much like most biblical stories. And this one doesn't even come from the Bible.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   

I am 10,000% sure that the "recording of hell" was actually a clip taken from a 1972 horror film called "Baron Blood."

But the most likely scenario is that the current scientists planning on drilling to Earth's core will indeed make a new recording of hell...a real recording of hell. Only trouble is the fact that this Earth is ruled by Satanic-illuminati-Free Masons, so I wouldn't expect the new, real recording to show up. I expect that the scientists will be silenced from going public with their findings because TPTB are doing Satan's work and want people to naively believe that hell is not real.

Of course if someone wanted to do God's work they could just infiltrate the dig-site and lower themselves down the hole far enough to get an actual recording of hell.

I am 10,000% sure that that's what Brian Boitano would do.
edit on 3/26/2011 by dalan. because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Massive Fail.
And then Some.
Third Line

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join