It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The fisherman and the outcast pole

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
im going to tell you a little storey, about the fisherman and the outcast pole..................
once upon a time there was a fisherman,he was an average man with an average pole, he had high hopes of catching fish for him and his average family to earn an average living.each day he went out to visit the popular fishing hole he seen more and more people every day so he figured it was the place to fish, each day he gained nothing but a sore back and a chip on his shoulder because his average pole wasnt producing the fish he had hoped for,there were snags and lost lures, pin pricks on his fingers from trying to attatch new hooks and bait,he grew more and more upset,but he soon realized he was placing the blame on the pole,how everyone at the fishing hole seemed to be catching fish and he wasnt,his face grew red and formed a twisted snarl as he broke down the average pole and tossed it against the tree,abandoned, and left to its own devices. the next week he brought a newer more expensive pole and noticed that fewer and fewer people were showing up and catching less fish just as he did, he looked at his sparkling new pole and turned around to the tree where he had discarded his old one and noticed its frail broken appearance and felt something of a haste, he had realized that it wasnt the poles fault but the fact that there was more competition at that location than his pole could handle, he packed up his gear into the back of his truck and took one final look at the tattered pole he outcasted,and felt a sudden urge to grab it and put it back togeather,he took it home,fixed it and said,well,theres always next year and different fishing holes, he promised the pole that he would never get angry at it again when the circumstances are out of the poles control...........the end, the moral of the story is dont get mad at the pole because theres no fish

that is a metaphorical story i made up awhile back during a time of great inspiration for it, i was living around my family in washington state a couple months ago,lost my job over the dumbest reason i wont go into but the loss of income is the point, as we all know jobs are very hard to get these days, my family and even my girl friend started being cold and callous to me and when i ended up being evicted for u guessed it,not being able to pay rent for lack of income, they didnt have anything for me but a wiener sandwich i was cooked on both sides, with nowhere to go or anyone to turn to i had to ask my best friends parents if i could move to san diego to stay with them,well they said yes and have been very supportive, but i miss my son,my cold girlfriend(imagine that lol) and my family,i didnt want to move away from them to begin with but had no choice, needless to say life is hellishly cold these days especially for the chronically unemployed,i dont want to start a new life here i wanted to fix my life with my family and needed their loving support in a time of great struggle, but is this what weve come to? our only self worth is if we have a job?

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by CUJOCREEP

Good story =]

Some times i question the 'Money doesn't buy happiness' saying.
Your girlfriend : what happened to for better or worse

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by CUJOCREEP

Truth is a hard pill to swallow. But i can tell you are going to make it because you are not crying. The way you are looking at this and your story explain more about you then you know. Its only through introspection that we begin to understand what we have lost. If we could have been better? If we really wanted what we had in the first place? It reconfirms our goals in life and it makes us question our actions. It redefines what we consider important or who we consider important. It's in our nature to fail and it happens to all of us. there are two roads to failure the one where you give up or the one where you get back on your feet and it doesn't matter how many times you fail just that you don't give up because that's when you have lost. Sorry for all the chezzyness but a man that has never known pain has never known truth.

new topics

join