It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Huge' Iraqi Chemical Weapons Cache Found -Fox News

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:
dom

posted on Mar, 24 2003 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Wow, I have to say I'm really surprised. I thought that within 4 days it was incredibly likely that the US military would discover a chemical weapons factory, in the open, which the UN inspectors entirely missed... yeah...

posted on Mar, 24 2003 @ 08:55 AM
link   
"And so far Bush's case on WMD and ALQaeda for Iraq was unconvincing."

OMFG! I'm actually agreeing with Karl...I mean Rascar...ughh....!!! As I've said, there are other, valid reasons to remove Saddam though...reasons that Saddam's regime seems intent on proving on a daily basis it seems (violating the Geneva Convention, use of human shields, etc.).

This latest though, is really irresponsible reporting.
They found containers of chemicals at a chemical factory!
Go figure.... They really needed to wait and see the details before airing such nonsense... As I've said in another post...Are the spin doctors on vacation? WTF is up with the press?

posted on Mar, 24 2003 @ 09:26 AM
link   
So what is Rascar Capac's crime?He asked that you all wait for evidence.

You all want to find a Chemical Plant.You all hoped to find a Chemical Plant.So The Pentagon give you one.

1/First day Pentagon says Uum Qasr is taken.

2/Pentagon says no PoW's

3/Pentagon says no helicopter down.

4/Pentagon says Basra Taken.

5/Pentagon hints Saddam is dead.

6/Pentagon says Tariq Aziz is dead.

7/Pentagon says Ulay Hussein(or whatever his name is)is dead.

8/Pentagon says Scuds launched.

For Gods sake this is a conspiracy website the very least I would of expected is a little questioning and the patience to wait for the truth.Instead what do we find?Members,some even senior,willing to run after every bone the Pentagon throws.

[Edited on 24-3-2003 by John bull 1]

posted on Mar, 24 2003 @ 09:34 AM
link   
This site must change from ATS to PWP (pro war playground) Long time ago when I signed up for this forum I thought to find peoples who think at least in the same direction as I do. Or at least I hoped to learn something from others.... lately this board is only full of warmongers with nothing to say to justify this war. (at least not proven facts)

If that's not enough, they DENY facts. I''m sad really sad. I mean think for your self.

Some of you state that even if your government was wrong you'd support it. But then you want Iraqis to surrender... I don't understand why people don't see these things... If I was Iraqi or American, I would fight for my country too no matter what. So if you wish them all dead, your problem but don't be surprise if they wish you dead too.

posted on Mar, 24 2003 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Tiger...

We are indeed seeing the evolution of ATS from a niche conspiracy discussion site, to a full-fledged political issues discussion community. Some issues are related to conspiracy, as shown in the discussions, others are not. We are seeing a post-count and new-member frequency that is beginning to rival major websites.

posted on Mar, 24 2003 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Uh, does anyone else notice the user title under Rascar's name, and the fact that he just registered 4 days ago? Hey I'm not making any conclusions there, just wondering...

posted on Mar, 24 2003 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Chemical Weapons will be discovered. It's just a matter of time. We've captured a high ranking officer of Saddam's military.
He's going to sing, like there's No tomorrow.

posted on Mar, 24 2003 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Wel William,
Let's hope they'll get out a bit more educated
I know it's imposible, but one of my strong points is to never give up, that's good for the experience. Knowledge is Wisdom is Power !

MountainStar,
Well I don't know for sure, ofcourse Saddam will make sure his information will be outdated if hiding something. But who knows.. I don't.

posted on Mar, 24 2003 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by John bull 1 For Gods sake this is a conspiracy website the very least I would of expected is a little questioning and the patience to wait for the truth.Instead what do we find?Members,some even senior,willing to run after every bone the Pentagon throws.

The very same Pentagon that threatened to shoot any *independant reporters* that are found by the troops...It's not too hard to figure out what *that* means.

Originally posted by TigeriS Knowledge is Wisdom is Power !

Well, just a bit more accurately: Knowledge, when used properly, grants Wisdom. Wisdom, when used properly, grants Power.

Take for example, the US's own erstwhile government...They have the knowledge & the power, but without wisdom, they're screwing it all up for everybody.

Originally posted by William We are seeing a post-count and new-member frequency that is beginning to rival major websites.

Yeah, I've noticed it too...Since the war started, the War Topic turned from political/conspiracy discussions into a clearing house for inconfirmed news reports...

Granted, I've been a bit guilty of that myself...Even so, I still try to remember to get links, comments & a possibly conspiratorial "spin" on my posts (even if that particualr spin comes out to sound humorous)...

...What say the Admins/Mods get together in the Cosmic Forum to depbate whether or not these boards should be wiped cle3an & start over? Personally, I have absolutely no regard for my own post-count...And the *real* ATS conspiracy-buffs here shouldn't have much opinion against such a small price either.

Hey, If you guys *do* start to debate the issue, could you send my U2U's or emails about what's going on? I promise not to interfere & stay quiet about it until a descision & action have taken place. I'd just be curious as to how you guys go about dealing with such an issue...I *am* a mod at another website & I'd like to see how you guys handle it because you guys have *much* more experience at it than I do.

[Edited on 25-3-2003 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Mar, 25 2003 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Tigris interestingly enough I also hope they turn out to be more educated

posted on Mar, 25 2003 @ 05:48 PM
link   
www.guardian.co.uk...
U.S. Finds Nothing at Iraq Chemical Plant

Tuesday March 25, 2003 11:40 PM

WASHINGTON (AP) - U.S. military investigators have found no evidence that chemical weapons have been made in recent years at a suspect chemical plant secured by U.S. troops in southern Iraq, a senior defense official said Tuesday.

Before the war, American intelligence agencies had identified the site in the town of Najaf as a possible part of Iraq's chemical weapons program, the official said, speaking on condition he not be identified. Indications then were that the plant had not been used for banned weapons activities since 1998, the official said.

Preliminary reports from the site indicate that the initial suspicions were true, and it had not been involved in illicit weapons production in the last five years, the official said.

posted on Mar, 25 2003 @ 07:47 PM
link   
U.S.: Marines seize hospital hiding Iraqi soldiers

Quote From the article:

"Marines confiscated more than 200 weapons, more than 3,000 chemical suits with masks and Iraqi military uniforms in the hospital"

More than 3,000 chemical suits? Hmmmmm sounds a bit fishy....

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join