It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Huge' Iraqi Chemical Weapons Cache Found -Fox News

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2003 @ 06:54 PM
link   
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. forces have found a huge cache of what they believe to be chemical weapons about 100 miles south of Baghdad, Fox News reported on Sunday.....

News Article

posted on Mar, 23 2003 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I just heard they found a huge chemical weapons factory on Fox as well. They are already saying that the Iraqi's will say this is a Jewish-American plot. However they captured a general at the factory also.

[Edited on 3-24-2003 by William One Sac]

posted on Mar, 23 2003 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I heards they found chemicals, but dont know what chemicals it is. strange, huh ?

Perhaps its the glass factory they already found during the last gulf war

better wait until that is really confirmed in a few days...

[Edited on 24-3-2003 by Rascar Capac]

posted on Mar, 23 2003 @ 07:24 PM
link   
How much evidence will you need to be convinced that the war to free Iraq and remove Sadman Insane is justified?

posted on Mar, 23 2003 @ 07:28 PM
link   
The war isnt justified, from the beginning on, because there was a peaceful alternative achieving the same thing with much less killing and with much less damage to the international security system.

posted on Mar, 23 2003 @ 07:37 PM
link   
No there wasn't. Saddam already played the world for a fool for 12 years. That was plenty of time for the allusive and ficticious "peaceful alternative" that was never created.
We see how well the inspection process worked. Of course, had those uncovered weapons been spirited to terrorists that secreted them into Manhattan it would have been no skin off of your nose. Besides, the killing of innocent Americans is ok, right? It must be as you are dead set against America taking steps to protect its people.
As figured, all the evidence in the world will not change the minds who wish not to see the truth.

[Edited on 24-3-2003 by Thomas Crowne]

posted on Mar, 23 2003 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I've come to the conclusion that no matter what we find the lefty peace movement won't care.

I think if we didn't do anything and were attacked with chemicals they wouldn't care to much about that either. If it happened (or happens) it would somehow be our fault anyway in thier eyes.

The only thing we can do is what we know is right. Our military will continue to protect them so they can have thier silly opinions and protests.

posted on Mar, 23 2003 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I just say : be sound with what you call evidence. I understand that you are pissed after 9/11. Yet no one of you will want to fight a war on wrong grounds. And so far Bush's case on WMD and ALQaeda for Iraq was unconvincing.

An undeniable point about Iraq is the financing of families of palestinian suicide bombers. Yet he doesnt arm or train them, it's more caring for the left behind. That specifically middle eastern problem must be solved, in order for Israel to live in peace. But again im not sure whether bombing iraq is the correct answer.

posted on Mar, 23 2003 @ 07:48 PM
link   
How much evidence will you need to be convinced that the war to free Iraq and remove Sadman Insane is justified? Posted by DeepWaters

Is RC possibly French?

"The last time France demanded "more proof" it came marching into Paris under a German flag." Conan Obrien

posted on Mar, 23 2003 @ 07:52 PM
link   
An undeniable point about Iraq is the financing of families of palestinian suicide bombers. Posted by Rascar Capac

This is absolutely correct. If you do any research into the Israeli operations in the occupied territories, you will find that most of those civilians who are displaced by the Israelis are actually known to financially support the suicide bombers. I cannot argue with thier choice of tactics, when you know the facts. If someone is willing to write out a check to kill you and your family, they are just as guilty as the guy whose guts you are scraping off the wall after blowing up a department store.

I also believe we will very soon end up in Saudi Arabia for the very same reason, as many Saudis openly support terrrorism financially.

posted on Mar, 23 2003 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Reuters at 00.10 GMT: if's and maybe's but possibly a factory and the captured person a civilian.
BBC at 00.25 GMT (from Washington repeating ABC's broadcast) perhaps a factory, nothing clear, a civilian scientist/manager.

posted on Mar, 23 2003 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Rascar, you still prefer to ignore the evidence of Iraqi ties to Terrorism. Again, the example I gave, the passenger plane in the desert that was a training aid for terrorists. Do you think it was really a training aid for Iraqi flight attendants? Look at this:
www.pbs.org...

What's this?

www.gulflink.osd.mil...

Just a start. Read. Learn. Understand. Then, if you still think we shouldn't protect ourselves, aw, what do I care? We're going to do it, anyway.

posted on Mar, 23 2003 @ 08:15 PM
link   
The Pentagon has confirmed these accounts and one of those special WMD teams are now on site investigating the facility and taking photos.

posted on Mar, 23 2003 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Thomas,

the first link links to an interview with somebody who wasnt even part of that "Division of Special Operations", which by the way, exists in every country in the world, and he's talking in hearsays about non-iraqis trained.

And even if this info about foreigners trained is correct .. did it happen in the last ten years, and if so .. was it Al Qaeda linked to 9/11?

The second link links nowhere, i'd be glad if you could repost it.

posted on Mar, 23 2003 @ 08:40 PM
link   

We have an Iraqi general officer, two Iraqi general officers that we have taken prisoner, and they are providing us with information, Abizaid said.

www.salon.com...

U.S. troops have found a suspected chemical factory in Iraq and officials were trying to determine late Sunday whether it was involved in making chemical weapons, U.S. officials said.

www.washingtonpost.com...

Apparently most of the news organizations are running the same story. A suspected chemical weapon facility, with Iraqi officers taken prisoner.

The chemical plant is described as a "100-acre complex," surrounded by an electrical fence. The plant was also apparently camouflaged to avoid aerial photos being taken.

www.foxnews.com...

Fox News and the Jerusalem Post, which had a reporter traveling with the U.S. forces, cited unidentified Pentagon officials as saying the facility was seized by the First Brigade of the U.S. Army's 3rd Infantry Division as they advanced north toward Baghdad.

About 30 Iraqi troops, including their commanding general, surrendered to U.S. forces as they overtook the installation, apparently used to produce chemical weapons, the Jerusalem Post reported.

CLICK HERE

However I noticed many major news organizations are not carrying the story yet, or have pulled it, so it may turn out to be nothing

posted on Mar, 23 2003 @ 08:40 PM
link   
No surprise!
It was only a matter of time. I just hope the Iraqi's don't use any on our troops.

posted on Mar, 23 2003 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Hei Boyz looks like us Aussies are being updated before you guys are! LOL
The Chemical Weapons Plant found had an electric fence around the facility and a soldier was injured by a booby trap removing some sheet metal.

posted on Mar, 23 2003 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Hold up here, let's wait till it's confirmed. I do wonder why such a facility would be surrounded by sand berms, electric fencing, and be guarded by 30 soldiers. Plus, as reported somewhere, it was booby trapped and slightly injured a soldier.

Screw those who say this isn't proof, or that this still doesn't justify the war. You are the same bleeding heart liberals who, when 911 happened, wondered out loud what we had done to deserve it. How about making an ANTI-WAR sign and then booking a flight to Iraq to become a human shield.....you blind f*cks!!!

[Edited on 24-3-2003 by WyattEarp]

posted on Mar, 24 2003 @ 07:20 AM
link   
LOL, Americans aren't fair, well they can never be, they'll loose.

posted on Mar, 24 2003 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Sorry to rain on the parade, but it looks like it's BS folks.

Just good 'ol trustworthy FOX pissing its pants at the least hint of a story as usual.

"Officials are urging journalists to treat reports of this type of find with more caution,"

www.sky.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join