It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fear That Dare Not Speak Its Name

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Link

I challenge everyone to ask themselves: when was the last time you even thought about the possibility you might be robbed, your house broken into or shot at? Can you even remember? Now ask yourself when was the last time you were afraid of doing something that could be deemed "illegal" by the government and for which you could be fined, detained or arrested? Something like not wearing a seatbelt, speeding, making a U-turn, going through a yellow light, not crossing the street at the cross-walk, riding a bike on a sidewalk, forgetting your license at home, taking too many deductions on your taxes, talking on your phone while driving, not allowing strangers to touch you or your children at the airport, cutting down a tree on your own property, owning and transporting a gun, collecting rain water and the list goes on. I would wager the answer is: daily! The first word out of everybody’s mouth when asked a normal, completely benign question these days is: "Well legally …" It’s first and foremost on our minds, and why wouldn’t it be, there are 76,000 pages to just the federal register alone. Some argue that everyone commits at least three felonies every day!

Here is another great Link to read.

To be honest I never actually thought about it this way, of course I know it is true, how sad is it that you fear the punishment from your government for the things you might have done rather than fearing a criminal. I am sorry but that is not freedom, that is not liberty, and that is not the real America because that is tyranny.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Only three felonies? Damn. We need more b.s. laws to break. Americas new greatest past time. Baseball ain't got sh1t on me!

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
WELL SAID.. the problem before us is that of the baby bird fearful of that leap of faith out of the nest for the first time.

we all know what must be done, and our "masters" are squeezing ever tighter because that is the normal reaction when something starts to slip away-SQUEEZE IT TIGHTER.

do we allow it to strangle us?

so far we have. unable to grasp that we need not actually use violence, just let it be known we will if "they" don't let it go. but they also know that once they let it go, we know too much and will hunt them down like a rabid dog.

their goal is to literally strangle us (kill us). the evidence is in our face, in our cells, our minds, and our souls.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Well, actually I fear being the victim of a crime much more than breaking a law (lol ignorance is bliss?), but you make a good point, Misoir. It's interesting to note that these same "public servants" who spend their days crafting this "useful" legislation (along with articles of "recognition" for people 99% of us have never heard of and only might by accident) also feel compelled to award themselves generous raises and benefits and "appropriations" for their friends and benefactors.
I imagine the definitions of "embezzlement" were carefully crafted to keep themselves safe from such a charge.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Everything is illegal in america anymore, even being alive ur a criminal,guilty til proven innocent,its even in the bible "he died for your sins" so i was born a sinner? a guy who got murdered a couple thousand years ago died for a persons sinful action of being born centries later? ha ha not likely its all mind control, in reality nothing is illegal, whatever a group imposes on another group is only to serve the interest of said group not the group imposed on,i say do what you want,they do ha ha

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

No wonder 1 out of every 4 Americans has been guilty of a crime in their lives (not sure if the stat is guilty by the action or "convicted" in a court of law).

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

it is also WAY out of whack.. we live in a nation where you will spend longer in jail for a trunk full of a plant than killing someone, rape, or child molestation.

how F'd up is that?

or in state A you can get a prescription for a plant, buy it at a store or have it delivered. yet in another, usually backwards, inbred, bible thumper state, go to jail for 2 years for merely possessing the same exact plant.

how F'd up is that?

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by rebeldog

what ever suits the private interest of certain groups they will impose what ever they want on you,mafia style, they dont care about your well being or quality of life or personal choice, i say start shooting them in the face and make examples of em, thatll get the fascists to back off a bit,they keep doing it cuzz people let them,remember that

new topics

top topics

join