It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prince Zeid bin Za'ad and his Daily Show slip

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I know many of you watch the Daily Show, myself included, but I've been neglecting the show lately so I was catching up on its website. While watching the extended clip of the interview with Prince Zeid bin Ra'ad there was an interesting statement toward the end. I can't find the clip on youtube so I will provide a link directly to the site and the clip www.thedailyshow.com...

He is using an analogy of what is going on in the mid to a five act play with the opening being the burning of the man in Tunisia and the finale is where everyone is killed off. I wouldn't think much of it, except he asked if they were being recorded and that he shouldn't have said, and reiterated the part about everyone being killed off was the part he was concerned with. He obviously knew he was being recorded and perhaps it simply was a quote he thought would come back to haunt him on line
but I'd thought I'd throw it out to the ats to see what you think.

The quote is around 3:40 if you don't want to watch the entire thing.
edit on 25-3-2011 by searching4truth because: misspelled the Prince's last name oops

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Good catch, I would say that is a slip of the tongue. Don't think he really wanted that part at the end to come out of his mouth, but he is so used to talking that way, it just came out as natural as it would if he were talking to the "inners". Sounds like they got it all planned. Start a revolution in the middle east, have them attack Israel to fulfill their little ritual. Sick #s

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bonified Ween
Good catch, I would say that is a slip of the tongue. Don't think he really wanted that part at the end to come out of his mouth, but he is so used to talking that way, it just came out as natural as it would if he were talking to the "inners". Sounds like they got it all planned. Start a revolution in the middle east, have them attack Israel to fulfill their little ritual. Sick #s

That's what it seemed like to me as well. Honestly, I wouldn't have thought anything of it, as that is how many plays end, however that he went back to reiterate and ask if they were still being filmed sent a tingle to my tin foil hat. Interesting slip either way.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Good grab. Its stuff like this that unnerves me to no end. It's like they want us to know and are laughing at us. "Are we being filmed?" No not in a studio with a million mics and cameras everywhere. Feel free to say whatever you like

edit on 25/3/11 by TrowaBarton because: Accidentally deleted post.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I watched it and you're right, that is a little weird. I agree with you that it isn't so much what he says (although everybody being killed certainly doesn't sound ideal) as the nervousness with which he suddenly becomes aware of what he says. I don't think that it is too bad though or I don't think he would have actually repeated which part was a bad thing for him to say. Or, he is utterly without guile. Wow, can you even begin to imagine a PTB that is without guile! That would be so exciting.

Anyway, I vote for weird and mildly disconcerting.
edit on 25-3-2011 by watcher3339 because: apostrophe!

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by watcher3339
I watched it and you're right, that is a little weird. I agree with you that it isn't so much what he says (although everybody being killed certainly doesn't sound ideal) as the nervousness with which he suddenly becomes aware of what he says. I don't think that it is too bad though or I don't think he would have actually repeated which part was a bad thing for him to say. Or, he is utterly without guile. Wow, can you even begin to imagine a PTB that is without guile! That would be so exciting.

Anyway, I vote for weird and mildly disconcerting.
edit on 25-3-2011 by watcher3339 because: apostrophe!

Yeah, he does seem to get quite nervous.

I forgot to add that the clip didn't air on t.v., maybe that's why it hasn't been discussed.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by searching4truth

The way his eyes begin to the dart around and also the way in which he flicks his hands a bit after his slip-up seems to indicate that he is indeed quite nervous.

What makes me wonder more suspicious, however, is the the way that Jon Stewart tries to play it off. Stewart actually says that he thought Zeid had a good point, but when Zeid points out what he said once again Stewart says something along the lines of "oh I didn't hear that part." Perhaps Stewart was hoping that the audience wasn't paying close enough attention to catch the last detail and that his approval of Zeid Ra'ad's comment would get the crowd to just go with it.

Jon Stewart is a very perceptive and intelligent man who pays VERY close attention to his guests and their talking points. I seriously doubt he simply "didn't hear that part." But hey, maybe I'm just reading too much into things...

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sentience365

The way his eyes begin to the dart around and also the way in which he flicks his hands a bit after his slip-up seems to indicate that he is indeed quite nervous.

What makes me wonder more suspicious, however, is the the way that Jon Stewart tries to play it off. Stewart actually says that he thought Zeid had a good point, but when Zeid points out what he said once again Stewart says something along the lines of "oh I didn't hear that part." Perhaps Stewart was hoping that the audience wasn't paying close enough attention to catch the last detail and that his approval of Zeid Ra'ad's comment would get the crowd to just go with it.

Jon Stewart is a very perceptive and intelligent man who pays VERY close attention to his guests and their talking points. I seriously doubt he simply "didn't hear that part." But hey, maybe I'm just reading too much into things...

Good detective work detective Columbo, one star coming right up!

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

You know you're right, I'm glad you brought that up. Stewart never misses anything a guest says and to say that he missed that part, with Zeid beginning to really skirm in his seat, is another odd aspect.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by OleMB

Haha thanks chief.

Sometimes I wished I paid less attention though maybe then the people I have come to respect wouldn't end up disappointing me.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Jon Stewart, a man who went from wearing suits straight off the rack from Men's Warehouse on the Daily Show to having Armani sponsor his wardrobe.

Now I'm all for evolution through the social ladders but certain things he says, like this instance for example, really make me feel betrayed and saddened.

Anyway, props to the OP for paying attention. S&F

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I think that was just his little attempt at humor. You can see him smile when he says it, followed by a reference to a five act play where everyone is killed of at the end. His question about being recorded might be another attempt to be funny.
Or not.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trublbrwing
I think that was just his little attempt at humor. You can see him smile when he says it, followed by a reference to a five act play where everyone is killed of at the end. His question about being recorded might be another attempt to be funny.
Or not.

Perhaps, but I think it more of a nervous laugh (especially combined with his body language) as opposed to a " I made a funny" laugh. But that's why I put it up, to see what people think.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

reply to post by OleMB

Haha thanks chief.

Sometimes I wished I paid less attention though maybe then the people I have come to respect wouldn't end up disappointing me.

You obviously got some quite sharp observational skills, I for one hope you never give that up

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Thanks for posting this interview! It is the seemingly unimportant comments that go unnoticed that are the true gems we need in order to follow their next move in their grand game of chess they are playing. After reading your post I immediately checked out "Our Last Best Chance" by King Abdullah through my library digital ebooks. I can't wait to read it!

top topics

join