It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What gives the Government the right to impose its will on any of us?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
With everything going on these days I have to ask..........

What gives the Government......or any other group the right to control your life? This isnt a rant against the USA or any group......just the question.

How can there be freedom in a world where you must hand over a HUGE portion of your free will in a realtionship that you were not given any say in to begin with. You have no opt out option......no real place to go to get away from it, etc and the enforcement of the govewrnments will is at gun point.

The Governments of the world make only one thing crystel clear.......might does indeed make right..........especially if you have a good PR firm.......lol

If we are to be truly free we must get away from the idea of "What the government allows US to do.....and back to ........what WE allow IT to do."

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
You do

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
It's called consent.

And if you do not vocalize your disapproval it's called implied consent.

Cosmic...

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I would be willing to venture and say, the only reason the Government continues to Impose it's will on any of us, is because we allow it to. The Government has no more right to impose anything on you, then I do to impose my will on you. It's only because we let them.

I mean think about it, if no one paid taxes what would they do? Put us all in jail?
If no one voted what would happen?
If there was a war and no one showed up...

They can't arrest all of us, and they can't make us do anything. Well I suppose they can make us do things, I mean they have the guns and all....

While we continue to vote, and continue to pay taxes etc. all that does if give legitimacy to the criminals that have taken over Government everywhere. It's up to us, to impose our will on Government, to make it work for us, as the founding fathers of the United States attempted to do. We also need to remember that Government is made up of people just like you and I.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by lastrebel

we dont have governments anymore, the label "government" is contingent upon our belief that we have elected leaders when what we really live under is criminal cartels, they dont have your best interest at heart, its just a gang, the cops are the bangers and shepherds of the sheep,hence why they use "german shepherds" and attack any group that subverts from this belief, its easy to fix all people have to do is unify against it and smply say no,what are they gonna do kill you? sure probably but its better to be dead then live as a slave physically and mentally, a miserable life is not worth living at all

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic4life
It's called consent.

Cosmic...

When did they ask your consent.....I guess I missed the memo

If you voice your disaproval and are are ignored and told to basically shut up......what is it called then?

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Go live in one of the many completely lawless areas, where people kill you for your clothing or kill and rape you for simply looking at them wrong, and everyone is huddled in poverty, and fear and filth and no infrastructure whatsoever and you may change your mind about living in a society with rules and structure.
edit on 25-3-2011 by Blazer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Well, under the democratic system we have the opportunity to vote for a party/person that we feel most associated with. Every 4/5 years, depending where you live, you get to cast your vote in the hope that you have backed the winning guy/gal.

Unfortunately, you then realise that no matter what change they have promised they stick to the same rules and impose their will upon us. This in turn angers the majority of people and then in turn many people change their allegiance and vote for the other guy/gal.

Unfortunately, you then realise that no matter what change they have promised they stick to the same rules and impose their will upon us. This in turn angers the majority of people and then in turn many people change their alleigence and vote for the other guy/gal.

Unfortunately, you then realise that no matter what change they have promised they stick to the same rules and impose their will upon us. This in turn angers the majority of people and then in turn many people change their alleigence and vote for the other guy/gal.

See how it works??

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Blazer

you mean like america? all that stuff happens right now as we speak,the government and police are out of control and do those very things and we are getting increasingly poor, get out of that long years past mindstate, everything changed in the past ten years, i for one dont recognize my home anymore

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blazer
Go live in one of the many completely lawless areas, where people kill you for your clothing or kill and rape you for simply looking at them wrong, and everyone is huddled in poverty, and fear and filth and no infrastructure whatsoever and you may change your mind about living in a society with rules and structure.
edit on 25-3-2011 by Blazer because: (no reason given)

So..........if it wasnt for the Government YOU would go on a killing and raping spree............or is it just the rest of us that are too savage to be allowed freedom? Thank God for the governments.......since all that is illegal it will never happen in a country with a government............right? By your reasoning an absoulte dictatorship would be the best form of government since it has much more power to keep us murders and rapists in line.

BTW......there is NO lawless place on earth I know of...Somolia is ruled by warlords

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by lastrebel

Originally posted by Cosmic4life
It's called consent.

Cosmic...

When did they ask your consent.....I guess I missed the memo

If you voice your disaproval and are are ignored and told to basically shut up......what is it called then?

When do they ask for consent?

Erm that would be an election.

When your ignored, that's being outvoted.

You can always revolt if you want to.

Cosmic...

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   

ha ha exactly, kinda like the marijuana prohibition, everyone i know smokes and can get it when they want as much as they want, just cuzz its prohibited doesnt mean its gonna stop anyone,paper has never been an effective barrier for anything,ask the japanese ha ha wait its too soon, i bet if the worlds governents decimated into nothingness sure there would be a level of chaos,but the ones with good sense would get rid of the malcontents quickly,most of us are peace loving,its the governments who are murderers and rapists

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic4life

An election isnt consent..........its just a chance to pick which one of the hand picked figureheads you want in office. If your choice is which pit of snakes to be thrown in it isnt much of a choice and damn sure doesnt mean you are consenting to be thrown in a pit of snakes

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

So what is the alternative ??

Cosmic...

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

the alternative is simple,we are survivors,let the chips fall where they may,we dont need guidance from corrupt war lords"government" or their impositions on our lives,secure yourself,every other species can why cant we just exhist in balance instead of perpetual misery, i say if this simple change doesnt happend and we continue to live miserably then we have no purpose being here,we should all jump off a cliff if thats the case

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   

I think you will find it is consent. They lay down their manifesto's and you decide which one matches your politcal beliefs. You then vote and give the person/party a mandate to run the country to how they see most fit.

There are systems in place to ensure that democracy is seen to be played out, but we all know how it works, party lines and all that.

It is rather naive of you to think that you have not had a part to play, in imposing of wills, if you have participated in democracy.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Good question

The short answer would be IMO..........handing over more freedom to local governments where your voice and vote count more

The longer answer willl have to wait till after I come back

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
One simple answer. HAARP

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
We give the government the right to impose its will on us. We fear and so we do .Whatever is necessary Joe. We give into corruption, because we allow ourselves to, and before you know it, you find yourself uncomfortable with any other way of living. We might be oppressed, but God damn it we are safe! It is ridiculous really, but what can you do, that's human nature.

We will just have to wait things out I'm afraid; the dissolution of big government will not come until the human mind evolves and matures. As before you get rid of big government, you have to get rid of the ego. You can't have people running around on power trips, and expect them not to have your way with you, it's what they live for. We were born in the wrong time period my friend. We are teenagers living with children.

In another life.

edit on 25-3-2011 by sliceNodice because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join