It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracy Studies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Whats going on ATS?

I was wondering what you guys thought about this concept I had in mind. Have you ever wondered what would be classified as studying? Last time i recall, thanks to conspiracy theories I have learned so much about both sides of history that I have fallen in love with research. Ever since i started reading books like The Da vinci Code and stumbled upon fascinating well constructed threads which presented hardcore theoretical arguments, I realized something very interesting. When you think about it, reality is not what it seems. As we have been told in recent years, reality is just as unimaginable as we can't even begin to imagine! Possibilities are endless and some would argue the word infinite would suit more appropriately. In history books in school we have been told that history is written by the winners! However in opposing circles of real people or even countries and foreign governments, they tell a different side of the story.

History is really up to you're perspective. Which leads me to my following thought. Consider this, Conspiracy Studies. Since I left high school I have been learning so much more about the 'cool' side of history. Learning about Nazi UFO's and foreign government's perspective on wars and conflict's. I have even learned about technologies and updated discoveries. I can't really speak for the current generation below my age but i will tell you this... When i went to school history was so dull compared to what the internet has to offer. Especially when you think that anything outside of the "official" point of view is labeled a Conspiracy Theory, hence Conspiracy Studies, education is in a dire need of an update, and fast!

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Makes sense to me..... It takes all perspectives and lets each individual make up their own mind..... It promotes self thinkers.... I like it....

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
True, and I wouldn't be surprised if a course on Conspiracy Theory isn't already offered as a component for some graduate degrees.
Perhaps, rather futuristically, or just idiotically, I once proposed on Off-topic (then BTS) that ATS team up with some collages, and that posts could be marked as a part of course-work.
For example: instead of writing a long essay for a term you will be marked on ten posts. You get a special "include as coursework" button for a post, and that thread will be available to the examiner.
So, as an extension to Media Studies, or English Studies (or whatever) you are marked on participation and a short report of your findings.
That does make things somewhat drab sounding, and is mixing studies with pleasure.
On the other hand it could invigorate academia and bring it into new ways of accessing style, knowledge, and so much more.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by halfoldman
True, and I wouldn't be surprised if a course on Conspiracy Theory isn't already offered as a component for some graduate degrees.
Perhaps, rather futuristically, or just idiotically, I once proposed on Off-topic (then BTS) that ATS team up with some collages, and that posts could be marked as a part of course-work.
For example: instead of writing a long essay for a term you will be marked on ten posts. You get a special "include as coursework" button for a post, and that thread will be available to the examiner.
So, as an extension to Media Studies, or English Studies (or whatever) you are marked on participation and a short report of your findings.
That does make things somewhat drab sounding, and is mixing studies with pleasure.
On the other hand it could invigorate academia and bring it into new ways of accessing style, knowledge, and so much more.

Considering college's are doing just about anything to maintain a pulse in the system, i wouldn't doubt that there are already a couple of courses based on Conspiracy Theories. I do like you're idea, but i believe it would have to take place down the line when Zeitgiest becomes a reality. If you were to do that now then the term Conspiracy Theory itself would be an even greater "mock" term. Hopefully I'll be alive long enough to kick it back with my grand children and say... "you know what? Back when i was you're age... that used to be considered a Conspiracy Theory!"

new topics

top topics

join