It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Economic Terrorism PROOF (Disinfo?)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
What do you guys think after reviewing the information in this 111 page Report from Kevin Freeman?

D.O.D. Economic Warfare Report

Serious risks to the global economic system were exposed by the crisis of 2008,raising legitimate questions regarding the cause of the turmoil. An estimated $50trillion of global wealth evaporated in the crisis with more than a quarter of thatloss suffered by the United States and her citizens.

The second phase appears to have begun in 2008 with a series of bear raidstargeting U.S. financial services firms that appeared to be systemically significant.

As recently as late 2007, many experts were proclaiming that the world had entered anew and unprecedented era of extraordinary prosperity. The consensus viewpoint waspredicting consistent annual global GDP growth in the 3.5% range with projections of annual growth averaging as high as 6% by 2050. These optimistic forecasts werepredicated on a belief that globalization and the spread of democratic opportunity would allow a ―rapid upliftment of all metrics of human development.

Bear Stearns, until recently the fifth largest U.S. investment bank, was a firm that hadsurvived the Great Depression, World War II, the 1987 market crash and the terrorist attack of 9/11. Yet, the firm collapsed in March 2008. On January 12, 2007, the firm‘s stock traded at $171/share. A little more than a year later, on March 16, 2008, JP Morganagrees to buy Bear for $2/share (the tender offer was later raised to $10/share)
THIS one stuns me and stands out BIG TIME to me. It survived previous collapse but can't continue to weather this storm...

All right. I just clipped a few quotes out of the report to give you an idea of what to expect. I know we have a lot of smart and intelligent people on here. I know we can figure out if this is classic Disinfo, Real?, smokescreen, or "other".

I will be commuting home now. I will be checking this in a couple of hours and see what you guys have come up with! Have fun!

***MODS, if this has been posted already I apologize. I performed a search and it did not reveal anything. Also, if this is posted in the incorrect forum please move it.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by NeverApologize

The nail in the coffin for Bear Stearns was ironically one of wall street's newer financial innovations that it helped to champion; Credit Default Swaps (an off exchange traded derivative). Wall Street is like a bunch of chickens where if they see one sick and dying they will peck it to kill it (more food for the rest) where they would have left it alone had it not exhibited signs of illness (weakness). In the case of BS (no "bs" here) traders, knowing that BS was in trouble (altho it did have a record of surviving problems in the past) took out CDSs to bet against the debt of BS. The CDS market is relatively thin (and not exchange traded like stocks or options) and when the sold the CDSs (which drives up the yield on their debt) they simultaneously sold BS stock short and bought out of the money puts (both were much more liquid and they could trade "size" or make huge speculative bets). As the yields on the CDSs soared the perception was that BS was in more trouble than previously thought by the street and the stock plummeted. This created a "vicious cycle" (downward spiral) for the stock as the market makers and traders who took the other side of the big bets (esp puts) had to cover their losses by selling into a falling market which was like throwing gasoline on the fire....which makes potential bottom picking investors back off and the spiral keeps spinning (death spiral).

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Here is the Economic Terrorism of today brought to you by Steven Lerner a former SEIU honcho. He wants to break the banks and break this Nation's financial structure. He is calling for those who will follow to simply stop paying their mortgages.

S. Lerner: It seems to me that we’re in a moment where we need to figure out in a much more, through direct action, much more concrete way how we really are trying to disrupt and create uncertainty for capital, for how corporations operate. And it may sound like that’s a crazy thing that in a moment of weakness we could deal with it, but the thing about a boom and bust economy, it is actually incredibly fragile, because it’s not based on real way, well, it’s based on gambling and all of that. And so there are actually extraordinary things that we could do right now that would start to de, destabilize the folks that are in power and start to rebuild a movement. And for example, 10% of homeowners, going back to where you started, who are under, a quarter of all people who own a home are under water. Right? Their home is under water, they’re paying more for it than it’s worth. Ten percent of those people are now in strategic default, meaning they’re refusing to pay but they’re staying in their homes. That’s totally spontaneous. Right? They figured out it takes a year to kick me out of my home because the mort, the foreclosure’s backed up. I’m going to say I won’t pay. It’s just what business does, it’s a good, a good business decision. If you could double that number, you would make banks, put banks on the edge of insolvency again.

And so the question would be, what would happen if we organized homeowners in mass to do a mortgage strike. Just say if we get, and, and, if we get half a million people to agree, we’ll all not, we’ll agree we won’t pay our mortgages, it would literally cause a new financial crisis.

Here is another one of his bright ideas

There’s a third thing that we could think about, what about if public employee unions, instead of them being on the defensive, put on the collective bargaining table when they negotiate they said we demand as a condition of negotiation that the government renegotiate, we want, we believe in good financial management. It’s crazy that you’re paying too much interest to your buddy the bankers. It’s a strike issue for us. We will strike unless you force the banks to relieve the debt of the city

Yes, he just wants all self incurred financial debt/obligations to be just magically wiped clean. No more accountability for anyone.

Here is even the threat and a target of their "terrorist" plan

So, a bunch of us around the country are thinking about who would be a really good company to hate? We decided that would be JP Morgan Chase. …. And so we’re going to roll out over the next couple of months what will hopefully be an exciting campaign about JP Morgan Chase that is really about challenge the power of Wall Street. And so what we’re looking at is in the first week of May, we get enough people together – we’re starting now – to really have a week of action in New York with the goal of … I don’t want to go into any details because I don’t know which police agents are in the room, but the goal would be that we would roll out in New York the first week in May—

www.theblaze.com... -and-students-to-take-down-us-capitalism-and-redistribute-wealth-power/

The union thuggery is a scary reality.

Another good article that dives into the legal issue of "economic terrorism"
www.theblaze.com...

and more if you care to read.

www.theblaze.com...

This is disturbing folks. This faction is determined to lead this nation into complete chaos in order to usher in the new regime of the new America. Watch OUT!!

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Yeah... The Unions are really cranking up there efforts to collapse this country.
I am still reading this document so will respond a lot more once I am finished reading it.

So far: It is full of holes and I am able to counter some of the points about oil. This appears to be slapped together with a few pretty charts and called a study... SAD.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

The true financial terrorist is the Federal Reserve that creates bubble after bubble to create the illusion of prosperity and each time the bubble bursts millions go bust or face dire financial hardship the last Fed bubble was the housing market,the currect one is the Wall Street stock exchange and when that bubble bursts it will be biblical.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by NeverApologize

One simple answer. HAARP

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Heyyo_yoyo

HAARP destroying the financial market?

I fail to see how this is relevant.
I am also confused why this topic has not received more input. Is everyone scared of reading 111 pages of text and graphs?

top topics

join