It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recent Biblical Prophecies Fulfilled or close to fulfillment w/ Links

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
About a year ago a Christian woman i work with was hospitalized for saying she saw and spoke to Jesus, I found it ironic because it was in a Catholic hospital.
When I went to visit her she seemed very calm and rational. As I spoke to her about what happened she told me something that freaked me out. She told me when she spoke to Jesus he had a message for me! It was that I was to keep reading about The Apocalypse, especially the part about the "reversal of money". It stunned me because I was reading about End Time prophecy and The Apocalypse a few weeks earlier. It was totally impossible she could've known this! I don't even remember why I was reading about it and I am not Christian. There were messages she gave to other co-workers too such as placing mehzuzas (a jewish scroll) on the doorways so the financial collapse wouldn't affect us or "passover" us.
For the past year I've been trying to decipher what she was referring to.and never said a word to her since. I still work with her but I'm afraid to bring it up but I find the events since the beginning of 2011 very prophetic and alarming.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by zeeon

There is no prophecy. There is cyclicality. The bible and other sources are telling you what is going to happen because it's all happened before.

Ecclesiastes 1:9-14
9 What has been will be again,
what has been done will be done again;
there is nothing new under the sun.
10 Is there anything of which one can say,
“Look! This is something new”?
It was here already, long ago;
it was here before our time.
11 No one remembers the former generations,
and even those yet to come
will not be remembered
by those who follow them.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I don't see this as fear mongering as it were. Just a little connecting the dots scenario. Good job out of you. For those of us that "see" it, now what? Discernment is a good thing. Now, let us move forward with truth as we have it. Thanks for the post

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Oh, I don't know debunkers, I believe in Biblical prophecy: though I accept that we will not know the day or the hour...But the key word in that opening was "believe". Faith and belief. Your either have them or you don't. And, I don't mean that in a judgemental way. It's just a reality that either you experience faith or you don't. It really isn't a decision, it is (at least for me) much more akin to a sense.
I have many wonderful friends who do not believe. And they are fine, caring, and generous people who I am very happy to have in my life.
There are also many people of various religions whose actions on a day to day basis do not seem to even come close the the ideals that supposedly aspire to embody in their lives.

To attack simply based on a person's belief or lack thereof is lazy.

OP: You put a lot of effort into your post. Good Job!
Personally I do believe that Israel being recreated (by the Jews themselves in the end, not the U.N.) is a big deal in terms of a prophecy completed. I do feel that there are a lot of things going on that could quite easily fit into Biblical prophecy but, as some posters mentioned, the writings themselves are rather vague. I am personally most intrigued by the "increase in knowledge" in the later days.
It should also be noted that bringing in the Rapture leaves out the Catholics! And leaving out the Catholics leaves out a lot of other interesting stuff (OP if you aren't familar with St. Malachy you should check out his prophecy of the Popes, and you should look into the Pope that required the prayer to invoke the Archangel Michael at mass after he had a vision that the church would be overtaken within seventy five years: and that the invocation of protection was ended seventy five years later...)But, we'll just have to wait and see won't we. Like a thief in the night after all..

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
OP your gonna want to follow my the link in my signature called "The New World Order is HERE". The I talk about the Sanhedrin and where they plan to build the temple at the Dome of the Rock. Very interesting read and I did a lot of good valid research.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Great Thread!

Just wanted to share some Correlations..

The Great Japan Earthquake and Tsunami Happened On The Date Of 3/11

Correlating- Revelation 3:11I am coming quickly; hold fast what you have, so that no one may rob you and deprive you of your crown.

Also For This Year (2011)
As they still went on and talked, behold, a chariot of fire and horses of fire parted the two of them, and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven. 2 Kings 2:11

Context Connection- What The World Will Believe, As A (UFO / Alien Event)

Therefore God sends upon them a misleading influence, a working of error and a strong delusion to make them believe what is false,

12In order that all may be judged and condemned who did not believe in [who refused to adhere to, trust in, and rely on] the Truth, but [instead] took pleasure in unrighteousness. 2 Thessalonians 2:11-12

(New Age Teaches That Millions of People Will Be Removed From The Planet)

THE RAPTURE According To New Age Channelers

"The people who leave the planet during the time of Earth changes do not fit in here
any longer, and they are stopping the harmony of Earth. When the time comes
that perhaps 20 million people leave the planet at one time there will be
a tremendous shift in consciousness for those who are remaining."

Barbara Marciniak, "Bringers of the Dawn"

The disappearance of every born-again Christian will be the first in a long line of miracles and fulfillment of prophecy to occur in the last days. The strict fulfillment of events will be powerful evidence of who is in charge. All will know that God is in control but there will still be a great many rebellious souls who refuse to accept Jesus Christ and humbly repent. This is the dark side of Free Choice.
Many do not realize that the end of this age does not entirely revolve around the human race. The end could have occured long ago were it not for God's desire to rescue humanity from Satan and his angels. It is Satan who is manipulating events here and that is why he is referred to as "the god of this world" in 2 Corinthians 4:4 and "the prince of this world" in John 12:31 and 14:30. He rebelled long ago and it is at the conclusion of this age that Satan will be imprisoned. And his angels, as well as all men who refuse the gift of Christ's sacrifice, will finally be entirely cut off from God's love and will not be allowed to continue to sabotage His creation.
Satan is very restricted as to what course of action he may take but this will not stop him from deceiving many. In this task he is very active. In 2 Corinthians 11:14 Paul warns us that Satan masquerades as an angel of light and also remarks that it should not be surprising that his servants appear as servants of righteousness as well. One of their favorite tools is the tool of flattery. They tell us what we want to hear and subtly pervert the truth so that it conforms to our own self-centered and self-serving human philosophies. This is being done on an unprecedented scale in the powerful New Age movement today.
What follows are some quotes from members of the New Age movement who dabble in a practice called "channeling." Channeling is a process whereby you open your mind and soul through meditation and relaxation to the influence and direction of non-human beings. These beings claim to be "aliens" or "angels" or "Ascended Masters," and offer some very interesting advice and predictions concerning the future changes. They claim to be angels, and indeed they are, but the nature of their advice gives them away as fallen angels because it conflicts violently and obviously with the saving message of Jesus Christ, His return in power and glory, as well as with the uncompromising truths that have been revealed through God's prophets.

(THEY ALSO BELIEVE A RAPTURE IS IMMINENT) Satan Will Deceive Many Who Are Left Behind!

This is some of there channeling message!
1.Let no one deter you from your goal, as having come thus far you are at the door of success. Even in terms of linear time there is so little time left, and even that continues to speed up. Equally your opportunity to increase your level of consciousness is becoming greater, as more and more energy reaches Earth. The Light is in the ascendancy and the lower vibrations are being transmuted quicker than ever. There is an air of expectation now that it is clear that the changes are really under way, and you will not be disappointed. All is moving nearer to completion, and as ever we are at the ready to move into action.

2.Japan is of concern, but the immediate danger has lessened, and we are hopeful that everything will soon be under control. What has happened is a lesson for Mankind, and is causing you to question the further use of Nuclear Power. Clean energy abounds all around you and can be tapped to supply all of your needs. Amongst the people there is a mood of desiring change, but few are aware that free energy is already known and has been proved possible for your use. It could have been introduced many years ago, but you have been deliberately denied use of it. In fact many inventions that would have advanced your society have been kept back. That will all change once we arrive on Earth, and you shall share any new technologies that will meet your needs.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
This frequency of Earthquakes has been occurring for a long time, this is mere coincidence might I add! Lol

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Theres a lot of brainwashing going on from poiticians to new age,scientology,and traditonal religious pious.Altogether anyone who has a beef with the hardships of life trys to find a escape root,if not physically then mentally(psychologically)and hides within and behind a veil of hypocrisy,a bit like a wolve,kinda ironic people overtly trust their everything to others but I will share this much.
Heres a rather esoteric video of oddness and coincidence,the one main coincidence that concerns me is how it takes 120 years for the planet venus to transit the sun(eclipse),remembering the scripture for him that has wisdom I will give him the morning star(venus).
see what you think,eerie.Just curiousity
Please note I do not know the creator of this vid and or agree with its content but for it odd entricities, rapture,second coming,so many variations on a brainwashing theme.desolation,sounding of a trumpet(vibration)...oh no getting all david ickey now..etc

Chill its only a vid.Makes ya think though.
Peace gringo
edit on 26-3-2011 by gringoboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Heyyo_yoyo
One simple answer. HAARP

Your an idiot, Mods please do us all a favour and kick this guy off, and when he returns do it again, pleeeease, he is all over most posts with the same response.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by zeeon

Was reading revelations last night. Look up the earthquake incidences in the bible, book of revelations just to name one of many...

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   
temple?

the most High dwelleth not in temples made with hands

Neither is worshipped with men's hands, as though he needed any thing, seeing he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things

twenty four elders?

no one will hear His voice in the streets?

And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood?
edit on 26-3-2011 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by works4dhs
to deniers, I would suggest that the return of Israel as a nation in 1948 is strong evidence of the truth of Bible prophecy. never in history has a people in exile returned to its land of origin and be revived.

as I recall, when the Berlin Wall and the iron curtain fell, there was optimistic talk of a peaceful age-of-aquarius New World Order. there have been times in our history (League of Nations, UN) where there was confidence of world peace. hasn't happened.

thanks for the research.

I agree, thats a great observation! I certainly believe Israel is going to play a huge role if and when the prophecies do come true.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen

Originally posted by zeeon
reply to post by DISRAELI

True, and I think the one thing to watch out for will be a new Plague or virus that manages to wipe out significant amounts of the population. That would truly be fightening.

Not to be breeding paranoia, but this was on the news tonight:

Deadly Drug-Resistant Bacteria Found in L.A.

Not just found, but spreading, rapidly.

I know, I saw this article on ABC News last night AFTER I wrote that post. Crazy coincidence, lol. From what I've read they are calling it CKRP or KPC - Klebsiella - it's like a Bacteria but resistant to all known types of antibiotics.

Right now it's making its way through hospitals and nursing homes. Spreads simply by human contact. Scary stuff.

Interesting to note is that it is a Bacteria and not a virus. Wasn't the black plague a bacteria as well?

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by turk182
reply to post by zeeon

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such an informative and, I believe, important thread.
A great read and your responses have been very respectful and well thought out. Other than others have been.
I can't help but wonder how many of these debunkers have ever even read The Book. Peace be with you.

You're very welcome. There are tons of end times conspiracies and prophecies out there, but I believe those in the scriptures perhaps carry the most weight. That is why I wanted to take the time and see if I could actually find current events (within the last year) that could fit some of the prophecies.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   
If you read the scriptures all the events in revelation the seals and the 7 bowls of wrath come from heaven so unless it says it comes from heaven it is just a warning of what will happen because the trumpets are just blasts to signify the event like an announcement but they come by the hands of men like the last beast rising is only allowed to happen and I urge people to look into hitler and if any of you know history the real history his body was never found and supposedly shot himself in the head but no one witnessed it and his staffer only said he heard the gun shots so hmm a high supporter and follower of Hitler says he killed himself Idk about that and Hitler was on top of the world at the time so killing himself made no sense with all the advancements they were making in there secret projects and also many reports say he escaped to a south pole base they built and he fits the verse in Daniel saying he will pitch the tents of his palace between the seas(america has the pacific and Atlantic oceans on both sides also Brazil and south america is where many Nazi's fled to) and the splendid set apart mountain(U.S.)and it's a known fact traced through history that many Americans and Eoropeans share blood with the Lost tribes of Israel and that within itself is a prophecy fulfilled as the Anti-messiah would come out of Israel the lost tribes which comprise of all 12 still not all jews know they are Jewish(all you jew bashers probably have jewish blood LOL) in decent and Germany is in Euorope but not many know Hitler actually had Jewish blood so the U.S. at the time was the set apart mountain for many of Yah's people live in the U.S. and mountains in sripture are symbolic of nations and anywhere his people are is set apart in his eyes so project paper clip brought in many of his top scientist who knew there dark research projects and our Gov't gave them a free pass in our country in exchange for there secrets and many went on to prominent roles here like creating the CIA, NASA and teaching in many top Universities(the universities part was urged by our own Gov't) to name a few and Hitler knew he was going to lose the war so a plan was devised to escape to the south pole to continue research but to leave enough "evidence" of there projects to entice our Gov't to want to Know as much as they could which "what can't be won on the battle field can be won by taking over from within" came about and just look at the U.S. since WW2 things drastically changed and not in good ways and the earth is hollow believe it or not but Hitler and the Thule society believed that(a top secret mission after WW2 was sent to the south pole under the guise of scientific research by the U.S. Gov't but sustained mass losses of equipment, Roswell happening 2 years after WW2 was a set up for the good "alien" bad "alien" conflict that they set up for a future war with "aliens" that the ones in the hollow earth "pleiadiens" would come and save us from thus becoming heroes but even the grays are fallen angels the beginning of Genesis says the serpent which in hebrew means upright shiny creature(sounds like a gray to me) and also the serpent was told he would eat the dust of the earth and man was made from the dust of the earth meaning it would eat human DNA like abductions and cattle mutilations which is known that bovine blood is a decent replacement if human blood can't be found) and wanted to make an alliance with what they belived were sub terrans living inside (Agartha so they call it) along with many ancient texts told them so and they thought they were Aliens(supposed pleiadiens) but are really just Fallen angels like the "grays"(why no pics of the south pole anymore or of the north pole look on google earth the poles don't look right the north is blurry once you get to the pole and what's that white spot with that line extending into the ocean on the south pole??) and if your knowledgeable about prophecies the final beast(anti-messiah) had 2 comings(lucifer likes to impersonate all that Yahuah does but with his own spin on it) one of war(conquering to conquer) and then his second impersonating Messiah under peaceful means with the power of the dragon(lucifer) under the name of Jesus and in Daniel it says he must remain a little while also this fits WW2 if you know WW2 battles in history this from Daniel will explain itself "Then reports from the east(Russia) and north(U.S. & Allies normandy invasion as hitler was pushing south) shall disturb him and he shall go out with great wrath to destroy and put many under the ban and he shall pitch the tents of his palace between the seas(possibly south America like brazil) and the splendid set apart mountain(U.S.) but shall come to his end with none to help him" as did Hitler in the end no one helped his war efforts at the end and in revelation the beast who was(WW2), is not(alledged deadly wound meaning dead but not really dead), is about to come up out of the pit of the deep(holow Earth where he escaped to only making the whole world think he's dead)and also the whole earth marvelled at the beast whose deadly wound was healed saying who is like the beast who can make war with him even Yohanan marvelled so it fits all historical records of hitler and time is no object and Yohanan was shown future events and it's a known fact that the Nazi's were controlled by blatant lucifer worshippers(all secret societies worship lucifer) and the Vatican controls the world so the woman riding the beast also fits as Hitler had many meetings with the Pope of his time for there is a passage the messiah said you reject me but another will come in his own name and him you will receive talking about the Jews how ironic that would be but just the plan of Lucifer have hitler slaughter 6million and then some time later have Hitler come back impersonating there Messiah without them realizing till after some time and scripture supports that too, Islam believes "Jesus" will return as well and Lucifer being knowlegable about many things could keep Hitler alive for longer than people on the surface can live and the inside would give a more pure environment to sustain life longer than on the surface with all it's impurities in our environment that speeds the aging and progression of disease.

If you look into it further Jesus(hey-zeus) was not his real name for he said I come in my fathers name which the dead sea scrolls showed the name of the father as being Yahuah and the messiahs name was Yahushua meaning Yah saves which is what Mathew says his name means as people use God,Lord,Jesus which are all forms of Baal and there are many passages that say may my people stop calling me My Baal and call upon my True name, the great falling away or turning away from the true faith prophecy fulfilled(Mystery Babylon: shedding blood of the saints from revelation look at the crusades by the Catholic church and they have introduced many heretical doctrines that christians blindly accept like christmas, easter, priests forgiving sins, changing of the sabbath to sunday which they have no basis for there claim of changing it, and changing his eternal laws, saying your saved though grace alone through belief but Yahushua said I didn't come to change but to complete the Torah and also he said he's the master of the Sabbath and there's many passages in the old testament where Israel is told his laws are eternal aside from the sin offering which is what Yahushua fulfilled and abolished he was the last sin offering but to say the rest of the Torah is done away with is a slap in Yahuah's face as no where in scripture supports that claim and they promote sin as much as you want your forgiven because of your belief so just sin sin sin, the worship of mary breaking the 2nd commandment of Idol worship, the rapture is another one the educated in scripture can figure out on there own without there "preacher" giving them broken verses that if you read the full chapters of the texts they try and quote you will see the event happens At the last trump and that Van Impe using when Yohanan in revelation Rev 4 is caught up into heaven for the Rapture is rather laughable as the voice he hears saying "come up here" is being directed at him "And the first voice I heard was like a trumpet speaking with ME saying Come up here and I shall show you what must take place after this and Immediately I came to be in the spirit and saw a throne set in the heaven and the one who sat on the throne" sounds very first person to me and no mention of anyone else being caught up and Yohanan clearly says that so that can't be the "Rapture" but the event many call the "rapture is at the very end at the Final trumpet just to name a few) The pope head fits the role of the False Prophet for he is a religious figure and also the Vatican(catholic and christian churches with the pope as there leader are Mystery Babylon). I have many more but am tired just look into it all it's alot but that's from my own research that's what you have to do and stop trusting your preachers for they themselves fit several prophecies like wolves in sheeps clothing only wishing to devour hmm like peddling false doctrine and taking your money and buying mansions and jets luxurious vacations and "many shall come and lead many astray" so do YOUR OWN research and trust nothing I said but test it, test all doctrines by the churches you will be surprised what you really find out but this was all directed at people who believe and if you don't believe I ask you respectfully ignore this and just move along I will not respond to people throwing insults or sarcasm at me it's not worth my time to respond to you but if your nice about it then fine you can me a private message I don't intend on coming back to this thread I tend to avoid religious talk here on ATS brings out the worst of people on here when you talk religion just wanted to share what I know.

I didn't plug in all the verses for specific reasons so you can look into it yourselves I'm not gonna just give that out with so many lazy people who don't like researching stuff themselves but become blind sheeple blindly following a "preacher" I told the books they were in and that's enough for me besides the word speaks for itself so this is directed at people who know scripture and unbelievers crack it open tough times are ahead worse than ever before become at least knowledgeable of it you don't have to believe to know it. History is not what they tell you, the rulers of this world are liers and look at Hitlers crusades in the middle east he gathered many ancient things and hid them as have the Vatican to hide history. Ask yourself who would benefit from hiding the truths in history well the Vatican is the seat of Lucifer and Hitler had ties with the Vatican and the Vatican controls all things in this world so that will give you an Idea who would want to conceal history and if you don't believe Lucifer exists well my friend that proves his deception is working for if Lucifer is not real then Angelic beings aren't real and neither is Yahuah which I don't believe is the case. Good night over and out!

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer

Originally posted by zeeon
Impore all of you to do some research and see if you can link more prophecies to current events, or find evidence to refute them!

Are you serious? It's not anyone's job to disprove the story in the OP that you find convincing. You need to establish the evidence that these extremely general, self-fulfilling "prophecies" have any validity.

Thanks for quoting me out of context to twist my statement around to produce an argument. My entire message was:

After reading this thread, I Impore all of you to do some research and see if you can link more prophecies to current events, or find evidence to refute them!

I always welcome intelligent and civil discouse - if you have your own theories or thoughts, please share them!

As far as finding evidence to support the OP, I believe I have put a sufficient amount of effort into my OP to give the prophecies some validity.

Isn't this ATS? Isn't ATS about Denying Ignorance? Doesn't research with the goal of either proving or disproving a topic brought up into the fold considered Denying Ignorance? I see that you have done neither.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tasty Canadian
Personally, I am not in agreement with you due to the ambiguity of bible text, but S&F for the great effort and thought provoking debate.

Well, thats ok! Thanks for reading and the compliment none the less

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

I'd first like to mention that I believe in God and am what you would call a 'Christian', but want to make a few points based off the posts you made in this thread. I'm not going to be hostile or attack you, so if you choose to respond, please keep that in mind.

I watched a show last night about end time prophecies and they pointed out (in addition to what many have said about the vagueness of many of the "signs") that there is a self fulfilling element to the prophecies.

In other words, there are people who believe in these prophecies going out of their way to ensure we actually do have war in the Middle east. LOTS of people trying with all they have and are to make a war in that area.

First, there is no way to know for sure whether these events are being self-fulfilled or not, but the main point that is being looked over here is this: The Bible is written in a way (as mentioned by another poster in this thread) to be observational. It's designed to tell you what's going to happen. Assume these are self-fulfilled or not, the Bible still states it will happen in the end of times.

To look at this in another perspective - look at the 12th Imam. Currently, the Radical Muslims (Not the Cultural Muslims, but TPTB in the Arab countries), believe that they can hasten the return of the 12th Imam by shedding the world in blood by causing, basically, a World War III. The 12th Imam is nearly an exact replica of the Christians' Anti-Christ in the Bible, and so, though these radical Muslims believe they can "hasten" the return of the Prophet, they're really just playing the part that our Bible said they would, and that is, cause these events to happen.

So yes, they may be "self-fulfilling" in one sense of the word, but they still happen, just like the Bible says it would.

People who believed in the Bible MADE that happen. Its not like it randomly and spontaneously happened all on its own.

Using that as proof of the truth of Biblical prophecy is like my opening a door and then saying "whoa! did you see that door open?" and pretending a ghost did it.

There's flaw in this claim you're making here, and I already addressed that issue above when I spoke of the Radical Muslims in control over the arab countries - They certainly do not believe in -our- Christian Bible, yet they are fulfilling events that the Bible foretold would happen. That also is a fairly poor example you gave - better yet, let's pretend you were to say, instead, "That door's going to open right now", and you followed through by opening the door. Were you wrong? Certainly not.
You would be considered cheap though, I think many would agree on that - luckily the Bible isn't so one sided. It has the advantage of foretelling these events nearly 2000 years ago and assumed how advanced our technology would be to be able to see these events happening for our own eyes in the comfort of our homes.

You would be surprised how many of these debunkers are more familiar with the teachings of Jesus and The Book than some "true Believers" are.

I wouldn't. Like I pointed out earlier, there's many who claim to be Christians who don't actually practice it - and there's roughly an equal number of "debunkers" as there are "true Believers", it just so happens that the "debunkers" speak out more than us.

In fact the reason some of us dont hang out on Sunday with some of you is because we ARE familiar with the teachings of Jesus, and know that what you are doing aint it.

Again, I have to agree with you assuming you are speaking again to Christians who don't practice their faith, however, you can't judge some one who you do not know nothing of their personal lives. Which leads me to...

You forgot to add the part where you are judging people you dont know, and calling them names and hating them in long public rants.

Jesus LOVES when you do that.

Jesus says to "judge by the fruit of their labor", and, if I may say so, I don't see how "judging" anyone is a sin. The only people who have a problem with being judged, are those guilty of their crimes. Should a man commit a murder and be sent to court, the Judge would obviously lay down the law on him, and he would be sent to jail (hypothetically speaking, we'll discuss corruption in our courts later), should he be found guilty of his crimes - however, should a man who has not done a single crime to merit a guilty verdict, he has nothing to fear - the same way a man of good fruit has nothing to fear against being judged.

Sorry if that sounded like I was getting off-track, but the point I was trying to make is this:

Read your posts, and read mine or really, anyone elses in the thread, and you tell me which ones seem bitter and hate filled.
I know this was directed at the person you quoted, but to be honest, you did insult his beliefs, and in a sense, you both were in the wrong. As I mentioned above, he was judging you based off your fruit, and what he saw was you attacking his beliefs, it shouldn't be a surprise to see him get defensive.

Also, I apologize if I made an errors or got off track too much, since I am fairly tired but wanted to put my input in before I forget this thread exists. I wanted to respond to a few posts in this thread, but yours seemed to stick out for some reason (I blame your shiny avatar). If you wish to respond, I'd be glad to have a conversation with you when I can, because, at the very least, it would be a bit more direct and effective than me just stepping in from the sidelines out of nowhere.

Finally, to stay on-track with the thread; OP, I appreciate the work you put into all of this and I plan on going through all of it as soon as I can. I don't need convincing myself, since a lot of these signs are becoming more apparent by the day, but it is certainly handy for me to have as a source of reference.
S&F for you efforts, and may God bless you.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Its not just the bible either, being more of a theosophist than a follower of any specific religion Ive come to notice a similar end times description amongst all faiths.

Everybody is probably familiar with the Qur'an for example... well the Qiyamah or end times / judgement day is so similar to the biblical prophecy in many ways. Muslims too believe Jesus (Isa) will return in this time.

A few of the signs that it is near are...

• Wine (intoxicants, alcohol) will be drunk in great quantities
• Earthquakes will increase (Bukhari & Muslim)
• Adultery and fornication will be prevalent
• Rain will be acidic
• Smog will appear over cities
• There will be very tall buildings
• People will dance late into the night
• Time will pass rapidly
• Great distances will be traversed in short spans of time
• A man will leave his home and his thigh or hip will tell him what is happening back at his home (phones?)
• Inanimate objects speaking (radio?)
• People will hop between the clouds and the earth
• There will be an abundance of food, much of which has no blessing in it.
• The leader of a people will be the worst of them
• Men will begin to look like women and women will begin to look like men
• Men will begin to wear silk
• The children will be filled with rage. Children will be foul
• People will walk in the marketplace with their thighs exposed
• When men lie with men and women lie with women
• Female singers and musical instruments will become popular
• Bloodshed will increase
• Gains will be shared out only among the rich, with no benefit to the poor
• The conquest of India by the Muslims, just prior to the return of Jesus, son of Mary
• Bearing false witness will become widespread
• Arrogance will increase in the earth
• Divorces will become common
• People from bad backgrounds and with bad upbringing will live a life of luxury
• Trade will become so widespread that a woman will be forced to help her husband in business
• The disappearance of knowledge and the appearance of ignorance
• Episodes of sudden death will become widespread
• Women will be naked in spite of being dressed, these women will be led astray & will lead others astray
• A woman will enter the workforce out of love for this world
• Books/writing will be widespread and (religious) knowledge will be low
• Allah will send a disease to fornicators that will have no cure

From these too it is easy to see how close to fulfillment it is. But Muslims too believe that nobody knows the day nor the hour but only God knows.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by zeeon

Just a question regarding the different beliefs of other religions,specifically Jehova's witnesses.
They claim that the only ones saved will be those who spread the word of God through the Jehovah teachings to the extent that When the end time comes ,if I,being of no particular religious belief, were to be standing next to a witness ,I would be struck down yet the witness would be unharmed and would enjoy the benefits of the new world .If i do the right thing by others just out of courtesy and common sense,not faith in God,Does that make me a lesser man unworthy of salvation? Good thread but too many variables with religion,At the end of the day only one theory will be victorious.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join