It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-THREATS: Police Seal Kerry Campaign Headquarters on Biological Scare

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 05:46 PM
link   
The Kerry/ Edwards campaign headquarters was sealed off upon discovery of white powder in an envelop opened on the eighth floor that house the human resources department. No evacuation was ordered however campaign staffers were told via email that if they left the building they would not be allowed back in until an all clear was sounded

www.sfgate.com
Police sealed off the office building that houses Sen. John Kerry's headquarters on Thursday after a package with white powder was opened by campaign staff

"An envelope was opened and white powder fell out," said campaign spokeswoman Debra DeShong. "On the recommendation of the Secret Service, we contacted the local police who are here investigating."

The discovery of the package prompted authorities to order a fleet of emergency vehicles to converge on the location, and personnel in biohazard suits entered the building.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

According to the article this type of incident has happened once before when the Kerry campaign first moved into the building.

A test on the white powder was done but no definite results have been reported.

[edit on 7-22-2004 by Valhall]

[edit on 7-23-2004 by Valhall]

df1

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 05:58 PM
link   
What a great way to gain access to your opponents campaign headquarters. I bet G Gordon Liddy wished he had come up this scam, then he wouldn't of gone to jail over watergate. We know that republicans are still doing this of type thing as was recently evidenced by the hacking into democrat computers in the congress.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Yeah df1 they were probably trying to recover the documents Sandy Berger had stolen from the National Archives.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix
Yeah df1 they were probably trying to recover the documents Sandy Berger had stolen from the National Archives.

You mean they were trying to get the copies back? Why not just read the originals?

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 06:42 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by curme

Originally posted by Phoenix

You mean they were trying to get the copies back? Why not just read the originals?

The dude took the originals with him thats why. don't you read the latest news articles? sheesh

[edit on 22-7-2004 by Phoenix]

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT

RANT thats a good point about the mail, how exactly would you go about safing it up to the point it could not only detect anthrax but also sugar powder sent as a hoax, just how would you do that? I have no idea myself but maybe you do?

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 07:00 PM
link   
This wouldn't happen to be some of that anthrax stuff that turned out to be US-sourced, again, would it?

Just scary enough to keep the pot boiling?

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Along the same lines, anarchist groups are threatening to douse the attendees at the DNC with urine balloons next week. I'll look up the name of the group and post it as an edit.

df1

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by sminkeypinkey
This wouldn't happen to be some of that anthrax stuff that turned out to be US-sourced, again, would it?

The republicans are testing it to determine if it matches sample scrapings taken from Monica's blue dress.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I heard the envelope contained the supposedly accidentally destroyed documents that were stolen by berger...

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by lockheed
I heard the envelope contained the supposedly accidentally destroyed documents that were stolen by berger...

I heard they were ballots for Gore with a note, "Kerry is next."

[edit on 22-7-2004 by curme]

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 10:48 PM
link   
now thats funny, well sort of...ok take my write to fair representation away as long as it has a funny side to it

top topics

join