It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Happened To The Cool Cartoons I Used To Watch As A Kid!?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I remember watching the early claymation shows like Gumby..

There was another one call David and Goliath, it was a boy and his dog...

do you remember that one?

I think it was christian related..

could be wrong though..been a while...

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by baddmove
I remember watching the early claymation shows like Gumby..

There was another one call David and Goliath, it was a boy and his dog...

do you remember that one?

I think it was christian related..

could be wrong though..been a while...

I watched some claymation ones but for the life of me i cant remember the names of them ..I don't remember David and Goliath (sorry) but i bet others here do
Thank you so much for the reply!

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
There was some cool stuff back then too, like Fireball XL-5 and SuperCar. The Herculoids rocked also !

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmosKid
There was some cool stuff back then too, like Fireball XL-5 and SuperCar. The Herculoids rocked also !

There all good any toon that makes you laugh is a good cartoon...thanks for your reply!

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Cartoons I used to watch? Bugs Bunny, Tom & Jerry, Biker Mice from Mars (woot), Thundar the Barbarian, There was one that wasn't on long I think it was called Black Star? and Gargoyles okey, so I wasn't a kid when they were on but I enjoyed'em

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chance321
Cartoons I used to watch? Bugs Bunny, Tom & Jerry, Biker Mice from Mars (woot), Thundar the Barbarian, There was one that wasn't on long I think it was called Black Star? and Gargoyles okey, so I wasn't a kid when they were on but I enjoyed'em

I still watch cartoons and im a 38 year old kid! you dont need to be a kid to love cartoons
Thanks for your reply!

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Any one remember the Wheeled Warriors? I used to have most of the toys growing up.

And what about this...

My childhood was during the 80's and I remember every single cartoon you guys are all talking about.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1

I in the same category as you my friend. 32 here (as is my wife) and our soon to be born child will be reared watching all these goodies. I already told my wife that I am not indoctrinating them with all these new type cartoons. No spongebob, wonderpets or nothing!!!!

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by divinetragedy79

I in the same category as you my friend. 32 here (as is my wife) and our soon to be born child will be reared watching all these goodies. I already told my wife that I am not indoctrinating them with all these new type cartoons. No spongebob, wonderpets or nothing!!!!

Hey your videos were good ones thanks! spongebob ugh but alot of kids like that one but not me

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by divinetragedy79

Good ones i rember all of those

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Oh, Oh.... I just remembered something, Pee-Wee's Playhouse. I was a 20 something year old kid then. I got one of my bff's hooked too, and we use to watch every Saturday morning and the she and i use to talk like Pee Wee all the time.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by maybee
Oh, Oh.... I just remembered something, Pee-Wee's Playhouse. I was a 20 something year old kid then. I got one of my bff's hooked too, and we use to watch every Saturday morning and the she and i use to talk like Pee Wee all the time.

I liked Pee-Wee's Playhouse also it was hilarious i use to crack up watching it !

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
When you would watch all these today on TV, they problably wouldnt look that good to you anymore. So best be glad they arent broadcasted anymore and you can keep your nice childhood memories on them.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by roswell1987
When you would watch all these today on TV, they problably wouldnt look that good to you anymore. So best be glad they arent broadcasted anymore and you can keep your nice childhood memories on them.

I bet if they made a old cartoon network it would be a tv hit but of course they wont the old ones are considered to violent for kids but id sure watch it and i bet alot more would also

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Check out Boomerang TV. Here . I don't get it but my mom does and it plays some good stuff, a lot of Hanna Barbara stuff The Flintstones, Jetsons, Scooby Doo, Top cat it mixes from the 50's to early 2000's. Check under the programing section . It may be available to you depending on what cable/satellite provider you have.

That is all

Trowa
edit on 6/4/11 by TrowaBarton because: To add content

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by TrowaBarton

Thank you so much for posting this! I just changed over to a new provider 2 days ago and i do get Boomerang on this network I'm excited
and i wouldn't have known unless you posted this thanks again Trowa huge star for you

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

You're welcome I also found this on the net. It's a new Looney tunes show that is going to start on the Cartoon Network in April sometime. Seems like it may be kinda interesting. Keep seeing commercials for it on there. The quote is mildly inaccurate as it is 2011 but its from wikipedia so ...........

At the Cartoon Network upfronts in April 2010, "The Looney Tunes Show" was announced to premiere later that year. Coming from Warner Bros. Animation and producer Sam Register, the concept revolves around Bugs and Daffy leaving the woods and moving to the suburbs with "colorful neighbors" including Sylvester and Tweety, Granny, and of course Yosemite Sam. The show will have 2-minute music videos titled respectfully "Merrie Melodies", as a tribute to the Looney Tunes sister shorts, which will feature the characters singing original songs. Also, it has been announced that Wile E. Coyote and Road Runner will be making a return to the big screen in a series of 3-D shorts that will precede select Warner Bros. films. There are currently six in the works that began with the first short, "Coyote Falls", that preceded the film Cats & Dogs: The Revenge of Kitty Galore, which was released on July 30, 2010.

That is all

Trowa

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrowaBarton

You're welcome I also found this on the net. It's a new Looney tunes show that is going to start on the Cartoon Network in April sometime. Seems like it may be kinda interesting. Keep seeing commercials for it on there. The quote is mildly inaccurate as it is 2011 but its from wikipedia so ...........

At the Cartoon Network upfronts in April 2010, "The Looney Tunes Show" was announced to premiere later that year. Coming from Warner Bros. Animation and producer Sam Register, the concept revolves around Bugs and Daffy leaving the woods and moving to the suburbs with "colorful neighbors" including Sylvester and Tweety, Granny, and of course Yosemite Sam. The show will have 2-minute music videos titled respectfully "Merrie Melodies", as a tribute to the Looney Tunes sister shorts, which will feature the characters singing original songs. Also, it has been announced that Wile E. Coyote and Road Runner will be making a return to the big screen in a series of 3-D shorts that will precede select Warner Bros. films. There are currently six in the works that began with the first short, "Coyote Falls", that preceded the film Cats & Dogs: The Revenge of Kitty Galore, which was released on July 30, 2010.

That is all

Trowa

Thanks for the info those are all my fav cartoons i will keep an eye out for this

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Sailor moon

edit on 7-4-2011 by Mentalistbee because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mentalistbee

Sailor moon

edit on 7-4-2011 by Mentalistbee because: (no reason given)

I love Sailor moon
ps your video doest work...

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join