It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

atf wants you shot gun now.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
this i just got in my NRA email

I hope you're not one of those gun owners who said, "They'll never come for my shotguns."

If you are, I'm afraid the rain is about to fall on your parade.

You see, the ATF is coming for your shotguns ... with a vengeance.

The ATF wants to ban the importation of any tactical shotgun it views as not meeting the "sporting suitability" use as defined in the Gun Control Act of 1968.

Gun Digest Book of the Tactical Shotgun

That means all they need to do is make up a bunch of "features" that don't (according to them) "fit" a sporting use of a shotgun.

It's an open door for an outright shotgun ban ... the very same shotguns that are probably in your gun safe right this minute.

This ban may seem too horrible and too outrageous to be real. But believe me when I tell you: This is no hoax.

Make no mistake: This ban will affect hundreds of gun makers who produce shotguns that are currently in use not only by law enforcement and the military in the United States but also home owners who simply want an effective home defense shotgun.

The real question is, what can you do about it? For starters, get informed about these guns.
it seems the days of a single shot rifle shot gun pistol are here what do you think?they ATF er BATFE want tihs out of your hands www.mossberg.com... and this is the act it self gunownersresource.com... from the link

The Gun Control Act of 1968, Pub. L. No. 90-618, 82 Stat. 1213 (also known as GCA or GCA68, and codified as Chapter 44 of Title 18, United States Code) is a federal law in the United States that broadly regulates the firearms industry and firearms owners.

edit on 25-3-2011 by bekod because: editting

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
They have been trying to take our guns for decades. This is nothing new, attacking the 2nd Amendment is the leftist ideology. they can attempt to ban all they want, but one thing they cant stop is the black market! Even Ron Paul backs the peoples rights and use of the black market.

Besides, if they try to do what is said in the email, just remember, there are more gun toting citizens than them...can you say Anarchy?

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

1) Source Please

2) Fix your title to reflect said source, as this is very likely a news article, you should post the title of your article to this thread, not give it your own.

3) The ATF does not make laws, they enforce them. Usually horribly.

4) Tactical shotguns have already been banned from international importation. Unless this ban expired, this is just scare monger news. As deplorable as it is to ban the importation of these weapons, it is not news now. But it was 15 years ago.

5) A Shotgun Display Page is not a source. As lovely as a turkey hunting gun that looks.. it's not that really relevant to the discussion because that is a hunting shotgun. The quoted article speaks of tactical shotguns, which are very much different in their nature. And while I have nothing against them, I could be considered to have one myself.. There is a very large difference in these types of weapons. But I still love them.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I knew this would be the year of the shotgun the moment I saw KelTec's KSG at Shot Show.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

I don't know about importing, but I know there is a nice selection of tactical shotguns on the market! I put a picture of my Double Pistol Grip, Mossberg 500 12 Gauge, with the 500,000 candlelight xenon bulb up in another thread just last week.

There are some nice new semi-auto shotguns on the market. Actually, I know they are importing them, because Saiga is Russian made, and my buddy just bought one of those. I think maybe you should study up on the issue instead of demanding the OP to do it for you.

With all of that said, I am not a fan of the NRA. No longer a member, never will be again. They are infamous for their fear-mongering and revenue generating tactics. The last straw was when the sent me some things, unsolicited, and then sent me a bill for them a month later. I called and told them I was refusing to pay, so they asked me to return the merchandise? I told them they sent it, they can come get it, and I subsequently cancelled my membership! I do not like or trust the NRA!

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
I knew this would be the year of the shotgun the moment I saw KelTec's KSG at Shot Show.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5674aea814e2.jpg[/atsimg]

No wonder they want them banned - these are becoming surreal...and I love it.

And I just happen to have an extra $850...ya buddy!

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by facelift

Check out the Dragon's Breath Shotgun shells that can be bought in many states!

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I have studied the issue.

I'm not asking him for anything other than to link his sources, and other than to stop handing us generalize statements.

I am picky about this because of all the false fear mongering that pro-gun lobby groups use to scare people into marching to their beat.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by facelift

I want one of those..

It's 850?

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Personally, I'll stick with my American made Remington 12 ga. 870 pump, or my Remington model 11 ( barrel recoil ). Sawed off barrels and all!

NRA, laughable at best....was a member, but after long thought, the last thing i want if some deranged POTUS, getting his hands on the list of NRA members...easy pickns for those who own.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

I understand, and I am also critical of all the pro-gun fear-mongering half truths, but he did state that it came from an NRA email. That is a source, and there is no way to link to it. If you are like me, and you don't trust the NRA, then you have the information you need.

If you are under the impression they are already banned, then please post your source, because I think you are mistaken. I am certain that my friend just bought an imported tactical Saiga 12 gauge.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

MSRP has not been officially been set, but we are looking at the $800.00 range.

www.keltecweapons.com...

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

if your an NRA member then you know i said it was an emial form them and i will not post my email link on here go to NRA and see for your self or just look here nraila.org...

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
They are not currently banned. But once reinstated, ( if ) then get ready.

Just found this;

This was posted on my meetup in florida from a great member. posting comments on our site as well. Please forward to everyone you know. It is important that people understand that again, another part of our Constitution - which was created by our Founding Fathers to protect us, the American people - is under attack again.

The Gun Ban list is out

Needless to say, I am a little upset by this list. View the Youtube at the bottom of this page.

Here it is folks, and it is bad news. The framework for legislation is always laid, and the Democrats have the votes to pass anything they want to impose upon us. They really do not believe you need anything more than a brick to defend your home and family. Look at the list and see how many you own. Remember, it is registration, then confiscation. It has happened in the UK, in Australia, in Europe, in China, and what they have found is that for some reason the criminals do not turn in their weapons, but will know that you did. Please send this to everyone you can. It will come up for a vote, and it might even be a secret vote if Madame Pelosi has her way, and then it will be a done deal. ...thanks to Colonel Rus.Hal

Right to own a gun Remember, The first step in establishing a dictatorship is to disarm the citizens.

Gun-ban list proposed. Slipping below the radar (or under the short-term memory cap), the Democrats have already leaked a gun-ban list, even under the Bush administration when they knew full well it had no chance of passage (HR 1022, 110th Congress) It serves as a framework for the new list the Brady's plan to introduce shortly. I have an outline of the Brady's current plans and targets of opportunity, It's horrific. They're going after the courts, regulatory agencies, firearms dealers and statutes in an all out effort to restrict we the people. They've made little mention of criminals. Now more than ever, attention to the entire Bill of Rights is critical. Gun bans will impact our freedoms under search and seizure, due process, confiscated property, states' rights, free speech, right to assemble and more, in addition to the Second Amendment. The Democrats current gun-ban-list proposal (final list will be worse):

Rifles (or copies or duplicates):
M1 Carbine,
Sturm Ruger Mini-14,
AR-15,
Bushmaster XM15,
Armalite M15,
AR-10,
Thompson 1927,
Thompson M1;
AK,
AKM,
AKS,
AK-47,
AK-74,
ARM,
MAK90,
NHM 90,
NHM 91,
SA 85,
SA 93,
VEPR;
Olympic Arms PCR;
AR70,
Calico Liberty ,
Dragunov SVD Sniper Rifle or Dragunov SVU,
Fabrique National FN/FAL,
FN/LAR, or FNC,
Hi-Point20Carbine,
HK-91,
HK-93,
HK-94,
HK-PSG-1,
Thompson 1927 Commando,
Kel-Tec Sub Rifle;
Saiga,
SAR-8,
SAR-4800,
SKS with detachable magazine,
SLG 95,
SLR 95 or 96,
Steyr AU,
Tavor,
Uzi,
Galil and Uzi Sporter,
Galil Sporter, or Galil Sniper Rifle ( Galatz ).
Pistols (or copies or duplicates):
Calico M-110,
MAC-10,
MAC-11, or MPA3,
Olympic Arms OA,
TEC-9,
TEC-DC9,
TEC-22 Scorpion, or AB-10,
Uzi.
Shotguns (or copies or duplicates):
Armscor 30 BG,
SPAS 12 or LAW 12,
Striker 12,
Streetsweeper. Catch-all category (for anything missed or new designs):
A semiautomatic rifle that accepts a detachable magazine and has:
(i) a folding or telescoping stock,
(ii) a threaded barrel,
(iii) a pistol grip (which includes ANYTHING that can serve as a grip, see below),
(iv) a forward grip; or a barrel shroud.
Any semiautomatic rifle with a fixed magazine that can accept more than
10 rounds (except tubular magazine .22 rim fire rifles).
A semiautomatic pistol that has the ability to accept a
detachable magazine, and has:
(i) a second pistol grip,
(ii) a threaded barrel,
(iii) a barrel shroud or
(iv) can accept a detachable magazine outside of the pistol grip, and
(v) a semiautomatic pistol with a fixed magazine that can accept more than 10 rounds.
A semiautomatic shotgun with:
(i) a folding or telescoping stock,
(ii) a pistol grip (see definition below),
(iii) the ability to accept a detachable magazine or a fixed magazine capacity of more than 5

rounds, and
(iv) a shotgun with a revolving cylinder.
Frames or receivers for the above are included, along with conversion kits.

Attorney General gets carte blanche to ban guns at will: Under the proposal, the US Attorney General can add any "semiautomatic rifle or shotgun originally designed for military or law enforcement use, or a firearm based on the design of such a firearm, that is not particularly suitable for sporting purposes, as determined by the Attorney General." Note that Obama's pick for this office, Eric Holder, wrote a brief in the Heller case supporting the position that you have no right to have a working firearm in your own home. In making this determination, the bill says, "there shall be a rebuttable presumption that a firearm procured for use by the United States military or any law enforcement agency is not particularly suitable for sporting purposes, and a shall not be determined to be particularly suitable for sporting purposes solely because the firearm is suitable for use in a sporting event." In plain English this means that ANY firearm ever obtained by federal officers or the military is not suitable for the public. The last part is particularly clever, stating that a firearm doesn't have a sporting purpose just because it can be used for sporting purpose -- is that devious or what? And of course, "sporting purpose" is a rights infringement with no constitutional or historical support whatsoever, invented by domestic enemies of the right to keep and bear arms to further their cause of disarming the innocent. Respectfully submitted, Alan Korwin, Author Gun Laws of America

dailypaul.com...

www.youtube.com...
edit on 25-3-2011 by Whereweheaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I work in a machine shop......WITH A BUNCH OF GUN NUTS!! I can tell you that the only difference b/t a tactical shotgun and a regular shotgun is only a firing pin, gas piston, and sometimes folding stocks. Speaking of folding stocks, I remember a thread on ATS not too long ago that was claiming that the ATF was trying to make folding stocks illegal. (anybody heard anything new on that?).

...Anyways, that stuff is incredibly easy to make and install. It's almost a joke how easy it is. A regular shotgun in the hands of a well trained marksmen is just as dangerous as one with an auto-shotty. All it takes is one shot. If you think pumping a shotgun means that it is not dangerous, then you are grossly mistaken.

If they actually have the balls to try this, then there are gonna be a whole lotta ATF funerals.
edit on 3/25/2011 by CastleMadeOfSand because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

yes i agree some times the NRA does jump the gun no pun intended but if the word gets out and the plan to do such a thing is known, the less likely it will be so, i am a true defender of the second amendment if you have the money then by all means owe a full auto, if you want one of these
www.vincelewis.net... then why not, it is your right. and you can get it here www.anzioironworks.com... i do not see the atf er BATFE going after this, do you? why it is for the mil and the ones with the bucks that's why.

edit on 25-3-2011 by bekod because: added info. and word edit.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by CastleMadeOfSand

If they actually have the balls to try this, then there are gonna be a whole lotta ATF funerals.

Amen to that....no problem with that concept~

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Now those are some serious Zombie Apocalypse rounds.

I need some of those. For hunting. Yeah. Ummmmmmmmmmmmm ducks. Right.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Keep in mind though folks, that right now, the liberals do not hold the House. So this is actually a moot point. They don't have the votes.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander

Now those are some serious Zombie Apocalypse rounds.

I need some of those. For hunting. Yeah. Ummmmmmmmmmmmm ducks. Right.

Lol. If you don't mind having duck soup, cause that's all that would be left!

"Look out Ned! They're heading right for us!"

top topics

<<   2 >>

join