It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Libya Reportedly Ready for Talks, Reforms and Possibly Elections

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Libya Reportedly Ready for Talks, Reforms and Possibly Elections

www.foxnews.com

The regime of Muammar al-Qaddafi might be wavering as a government official says Libya is ready to talk with opposition rebels and accept political reforms, possibly including elections.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Daffi looking for a way out?
edit on 25-3-2011 by KingJod because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Next Iraq? Are the pro Daffi forces giving up already? It looks like all of this pressure is just to much for the Daff or his people in his government are giving up on him.

Only time will tell if this is just another "media lie" or if the Daffi has just realized he has no chance to win this "war" against him.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
The west won't be bothered unless the oil deals are granted back

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
dont worry you can bet the NED National Endowment for Democracy will make sure they will turn Libya into another Iraq.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I don't believe any quotations from 'a govt official' or 'a senior govt official' ... or anyone who does not come out and identify themselves ..
One thing is for sure... the West is going to unfortunately take over Libyan oil fields ... next stop --> West African oil rich states .. Ghana .. Nigeria ... Ivory Coast ... this operation will be led by the US .. but dirty work will be all done by rest of the so called 'NATO' members ... The American's want to compete with Chinese take-over of Africa ... the last place left to plunder ..

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by KingJod

It's on fox, my guess is this is just fodder to the sheeple to make us feel like were getting something done. (Remember how easy afghanistan was suppoised to be?) Next they'll be talking about "should a special operations team capture Gaddaffi if there is an oppurtunity?" Then we'll keep sending more and more troops in. hope hes less slippery than Osama

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by legalizeit
I don't believe any quotations from 'a govt official' or 'a senior govt official' ... or anyone who does not come out and identify themselves ..
One thing is for sure... the West is going to unfortunately take over Libyan oil fields ... next stop --> West African oil rich states .. Ghana .. Nigeria ... Ivory Coast ... this operation will be led by the US .. but dirty work will be all done by rest of the so called 'NATO' members ... The American's want to compete with Chinese take-over of Africa ... the last place left to plunder ..

whats wrong with that.... cheaper gas so i can drive more!

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss

Originally posted by legalizeit

whats wrong with that.... cheaper gas so i can drive more!

Cheaper gas really i dont think so, goodness why are people here more blinded about whats going on in the Mideast

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I think you are right, his people will quit fighting for him once they realize the only other option is a bombardment of missles and bombs. Of course there is never one sole reason for war or conflicts...protecting innocents and securing oil fields in the process...or is it the other way around. i think it is ok to a point, we should be repaid for liberating countries (if thats what you want to call it) so why not with oil or natural resources...

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Another lie ! well I guess it is not legally when you throw in the term MAY , this is politic mindspeak .By using the word May in the sentence they have given themselves a backdoor to retract from .These statements are nothing but PYS-OPS .

top topics

join