It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel ready to react with 'great force': Netanyahu

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
www.google.com...

CAESAREA, Israel — Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu told US Defense Secretary Robert Gates on Friday that Israel is ready to act with "great force" in response to a spate of rocket fire by Gaza militants and a deadly bus bombing in Jerusalem.

Israel had been "subjected to bouts of terror and rocket attacks," Netanyahu told reporters before going into a meeting with Gates. Robert Gates, a former CIA director with years of experience in Washington, said US-Israel security ties were as strong as they had ever been at a time when the region was in "turmoil."

On Thursday, he said in Tel Aviv that Washington firmly backed Israel's right to respond both to the rocket fire and the Jerusalem bombing, which he described as "repugnant acts".
edit on 25-3-2011 by CanadianDream420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
61 rockets in 2 days launched into Israel warrants cross border investigation if you ask me. Mass troop intervention into possible weapons storage areas and rocket launch points should be executed immediately.

I, for one, would hope our Canadian military would intervene and do the same thing if Alaskan terrorists were lobbing rockets, whether they hit or not, in our territory.

The bus depot attack is suspicious, however 60 rockets in a few days fired into their airspace and hills isn't.
edit on 25-3-2011 by CanadianDream420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

And this suprises you? Dont be suprised if Israhell wipes the Palestinians out in the near future, and perhaps lob a couple big bombs Iran's way.

+30 more 
posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

I guess 60 years of imprisonment will make you a little cranky...

+16 more 
posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Ah... So , Israel is ready to react with 'great force' (read, completely and utterly disproportionately)? What , is this supposed to be news or something? Israel have no reaction between apathy and genocide, thats why they are known throughout the world as one of the most tyranical and violent political entities on this planet. Personaly, I hope every member of the leadership of Israel, dies of brain tumours. They dont care for thier people, because if they did they wouldnt refuse and delay the erection of anti projectile defense grids around thier nations walls, and they wouldnt allow thier people to build on contested territory , causing bombings and rocket attacks, and worse than that, they dont care about the Palestinian civillians they pointlessly murder, while gunning for the minority of terror activists within Palestine.
Israelis are fine by me, but thier military, and thier dirt eating leaders can all suck my junk.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by rogerramjett

it is not something to be flippant about really, Iran has the nuclear bomb now or would you like ww3 to begin ?, but if your half way round the world I suppose you can be flippant, but radio active waste does spread round the world doesn't it, you have shown a lack of forsight with your comment and a complete disregard for the planet

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Yeah I'd say! I mean if Canada was wiped out from the map by the U.N to be replaced with another country and Canadians were forced to stay in Newfoundland wouldn't you guys also try some sort of retaliation?

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Lol 61 rockets and 1 bomb close to a bus, how how much damma ge or death, i think they found 1 dead, thats gotta be the worst terrorist in the world lol, Smell like a nioce set up for the poor old israel armys to go move the palestians father back so they can get more land to build nice house..

But i forget muslims are all terrorist anmd the state of israel is funded by GOD lol

have a nice day

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

What exactly do you mean by the Bus Depot attack was suspicious?

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

I'd love to be in newfoundland, thats where my Canadian heritage lies, but not with everyone else lol.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
wow Invasio n

Another Israeli minister, meantime, warned that the country could be poised for a major ground invasion of hamas-controlled Gaza Strip.
and they also said that it will be worse than operation cast lead ..
hey CanadianDream can you put "possible invasion" in the title so this gets the attention it needs? maybe ask a mod?
S$F
edit on 25-3-2011 by paradiselost333 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by bauldrick

WW3 has already begun, has been going since 9/11 where have you been?
Hardly being flippant mes amis, just awake.What is your excuse?

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by rogerramjett

yea I concur , it just has its points in time when it heats up..I believe the code word is "the war on terror"=ww3
This is one of those points in time where it gets realy hot maybe even boils over, I hope not but....

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit

Ah... So , Israel is ready to react with 'great force' (read, completely and utterly disproportionately)? What , is this supposed to be news or something? Israel have no reaction between apathy and genocide, thats why they are known throughout the world as one of the most tyranical and violent political entities on this planet. Personaly, I hope every member of the leadership of Israel, dies of brain tumours. They dont care for thier people, because if they did they wouldnt refuse and delay the erection of anti projectile defense grids around thier nations walls, and they wouldnt allow thier people to build on contested territory , causing bombings and rocket attacks, and worse than that, they dont care about the Palestinian civillians they pointlessly murder, while gunning for the minority of terror activists within Palestine.
Israelis are fine by me, but thier military, and thier dirt eating leaders can all suck my junk.

Ya, erm...so, if your neighbor had a gun and shot 6 times at your house, trying to hit someone from your family, would you retaliate by shooting exactly 6 times back at his house?

Now me...I would go nuke his freaking house for messing with mine to begin with...you can cry all you want, and it just shows you to be siding with the criminal for the only purpose of racism, You are the one who has to look at yourself in the mirror.

If Israel finds and drops a freaking daisy cutter bomb on the depot and killing 300 people in the process, I would say thats fine...the people of palestine need to become vigilant about the morons whom would stoke the wrath of their mighty neighbor for the lulz.

Crips V Bloods, I get it...they fight israel because of past israel actions. Israel fights them because of past actions, its been going back and forth for 60 years (arguably 1000 years)..but the thing is, its been relatively peaceful and could have gone the way of peaceful negotiations until this.

So, palestinian idiots shoot rockets during a peace for .... and you immediately condemn israel for what they may do in the future in retaliation...no condemning the actions that brings it on..just the response.

Your jaded and your opinion means jack considering how overtly bias you are...Mindsets like yours will always support criminals and endanger innocents (not you personally, just your mindset trend of supporting anyone whom does violent acts during peace)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Al Israel has to do is lob some bombs at that Dome on the temple mount and the fundamentalist Christians will have an orgasm and throw the whole of their financial and political weight behind Israel.

Thats one of the things I think is sad is that in addition to the enormous pressure by multinational corporations to stack the political deck in their favor in the region by whatever means, you also have the religious nuts actually praying and hoping for war down there so Jesus will come back.

I think they are going to get their war, but personally? Im not holding my breath on Jesus' return.
edit on 25-3-2011 by Illusionsaregrander because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by dukeofjive
Lol 61 rockets and 1 bomb close to a bus, how how much damma ge or death, i think they found 1 dead, thats gotta be the worst terrorist in the world lol, Smell like a nioce set up for the poor old israel armys to go move the palestians father back so they can get more land to build nice house..

But i forget muslims are all terrorist anmd the state of israel is funded by GOD lol

have a nice day

Right on.

This has pretty much been the pattern for decades. So many rockets occasionally get launched in a small time-frame, and Israel then must respond by a factor of at least ten times.

Interestingly, these attacks typically follow the same pattern, almost all do very little damage, most exploding in empty fields, or obvious low-casualty targets. Perhaps the "terrorists" are actually rather nice fellows, simply trying to send a message, with as few deaths as possible?

Not likely. But neither is their unbelievable consistent incompetence, over such a long period.

Much more believable is an Israel frustrated at how whipped these people really are. Israel desires "progress" in the direction they want, and yet, the stubborn Palestinians are perhaps not violent enough for the politics of it all. They put up with a whole lot, and almost seem resigned to it. They "exist", yet all the time are multiplying, their population growing, and growing.

Of course some genuine violence occurs, I wouldn't want to paint anyone as somehow saintly, but it's quite possible that the pattern we see betrays a very different reality than is being presented to us.

What if Mossad is behind those mysteriously benign rocket attacks? Perhaps it could make sense after all. If these things were essentially false-flags, of course casualties would be kept to a bare minimum. I know, someone will say that Mossad would never be so nice, but I don't think that's true. I think that just as there are "patriotic" Americans working for the CIA, doing bad things, for the "good" of their nations, we would have the same sort of thing with Israel. Sometimes, particular operations can cause some collateral damage, but the participants involved accept that reality, since there is a greater context, and go forward.

Anyway, in warfare, seldom is anything as it seems. When Truth is the first casualty, perhaps we should expect the lie.

JR

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Israel = modern industry and freedom and renowned scientists
Palestine = some broken down villages and people launching homemade rockets into israel

Which would you rather have on your side? If you didn't know who was right, who would you pick? Siding with israel is just a strategical choice. Far as I"m concerned, they're both corrupt and manipulative. But after I do the math, the only logical choice is to get behind Israel, clean up the mess, and move on. I think that's what's happening. It's not pretty, of course.

Nobody is perfectly right in war, but there're people(s) who're better of winning than others. Nobody on earth is pure. Nobody is good. We're all maggots. Understand? We have to move on.

It's the same reason we protect citizens in oil rich countries and rarely, if ever, in others. Like it or not, we live in a world where we're dependent on material needs and they're the objective.

This happened when we landed in America and met the natives. It happened all throughout history. If you're a righteous person I'm sorry to have to wake you. You can go back to bed.

There're many truths in life that we do not like to see. I understand that. Peace.
edit on 25-3-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
This is what organized religion does! Religion is ignorance.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Another interventionist I see? Haven't we all had enough of "intervention", I mean, look how great the results have been. Interventionism=

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

I wonder if Israel attacked a bigger country they would still be good at winning wars? All I see is too piss ant states playing tug of war.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join