It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pink Spiral + Norway spiral incident = ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Everyone knows Dan Aykroyd from Ghostbusters right?

Seems due to his personal experiences and sightings hes quite into ufology.

I just watched an interview on CCN he did in 2006 which describes a rather peculiar experience in the mid 80's that sounded rather similar to something that happened in 2009

The CNN interview

In this interview he states:

Aykroyd: I woke up in the middle of the night and I said to my wife, they're calling me, they're calling me. I want to go outside, they want me to come outside and see. Something outside wants me to come out and see. Oh, just go back to bed. I went back to bed but the next day in the media - in newspapers and radio - all over upstate New York and Ontario and Quebec and Vermont, people spoke about this urge they had to go out of their houses at 3:00 in the morning and look up into the sky.

Aykroyd: Yeah, you could research, that was in the mid-80s. In fact it was a pink spiral that
appeared in the sky. People went out, telepathically urged like I was, I didn't go, shmuck. They
went out, in the sky they saw this pink spiral in the sky, huge, miles, like two miles long. And the
Air Force said it was a Chinese rocket.

A Chinese rocket over New York? Sounds a bit ahhhh threatening, provocative and violating to me!

This then brought back memories of something I've been interested in and to be honest, never sat quite right with me and the official explanation sounds as bogus as the Chinese rocket over New York.

Remember this?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8ff826a88a2c.jpg[/atsimg]

The Norway spiral incident December 9, 2009. Russia has claimed responsibility for the incident, stating that the light and spiral were caused by a failed missile launch

So basically when you see a UFO the official story ends up being swamp gas or whether balloons but if you see a spiral in the sky the official story is to use or blame another country for a missile launch...

I know the Norway spiral incident has probably been done to death here but did anybody on ATS see the pink spiral in the sky in the mid 80's which Dan Aykroyd spoke of? Did anybodies parents maybe see this? This was reported around New York,Ontario, Quebec and Vermont.

Are they really just rockets?

Your thoughts or can you add anything to this?

edit on 25-3-2011 by FoxfilesMulder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I think it's been proven that the Norway spiral was a HAARP demonstration. They launch this object then zap it with the local HAARP and it generates these spirals. There's a thread and video on here that shows the identical spiral using the actual HAARP data.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
I think it's been proven that the Norway spiral was a HAARP demonstration. They launch this object then zap it with the local HAARP and it generates these spirals. There's a thread and video on here that shows the identical spiral using the actual HAARP data.

HAARP can not be the new answer for everything unusual

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by FoxfilesMulder

I just watched an interview on CCN he did in 2006 which describes a rather peculiar experience in the mid 80's that sounded rather similar to something that happened in 2009....

Are they really just rockets?

Your thoughts or can you add anything to this?

This is my contribution to the story. I hope your mind is open enough for it to be helpful.

Dan Aykroyd Describes 'Telepathic Encounter' with East Coast Pseudo-UFO
www.jamesoberg.com...

The Great East Coast UFO of August 1986
James Oberg, Skeptical Inquirer, Volume 10.4, Summer 1986

www.csicop.org...

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

It had nothing to do with "HAARP"

en.wikipedia.org...

On December 10, the Russian Ministry of Defence confirmed that a Bulava missile test had failed. According to a spokesman, "The missile's first two stages worked as normal, but there was a technical malfunction at the next, third, stage of the trajectory."[9] Russian defence analyst Pavel Felgenhauer stated to AFP that "such lights and clouds appear from time to time when a missile fails in the upper layers of the atmosphere and have been reported before ... At least this failed test made some nice fireworks for the Norwegians."[12] Previous to the Russian statement, Jonathan McDowell, an astrophysicist at the Harvard–Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics, had already suggested that the unusual light display occurred when the missile's third stage nozzle was damaged, causing the exhaust to come out sideways and sending the missile into a spin.[7]

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by THEDUDE86

Originally posted by JibbyJedi

HAARP can not be the new answer for everything unusual

Yeah, I know. I never accuse HAARP of anything, but this is very compelling evidence, check out this illustration of HAARP in their own animation, start at about 2:10....

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by FoxfilesMulder

Someone do the dimensions on norways spiral! i bet it matches gods figerprint!

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Turiddu

Have you ever heard of "cover story" before? They actually DO cover stories to hide political, military, & technology testing/possible scandals. The Norway spiral WAS a rocket so to speak, it was what they used to launch this material, rocket propelled. They play word games with the truth. If you believe 100% of everything you see on the TV news, then you are still unconscious.
edit on 25-3-2011 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Nobody needs to believe ANY sole source, that's why different points of view are useful.

Anybody care to comment on what I have published about the 'spiral UFO' that Aykroyd DIDN'T see -- but claims he dreamed about?

Thousands of people DID see it, and Aykroyd's blathering about "the Air Force claimed it was a Chinese rocket exploding over the US" is unsupported by any documented evidence [can anybody locate any press report saying such?].

Aykroyd dreamed THAT up too, and you're welcome to live in his dream world if you prefer, but the real world has real evidence that is a lot more fun to dig out and debate about.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg

This is my contribution to the story. I hope your mind is open enough for it to be helpful.

Dan Aykroyd Describes 'Telepathic Encounter' with East Coast Pseudo-UFO
www.jamesoberg.com...

JimO resumes narrative.

I don't recall the Air Force ever said anything about it – they weren’t quoted anywhere that I found, but other real experts were. Nor was it “3 AM”, either. It was a “good story”, but no more.

Wow, thanks for that incredible contribution there Jim.

That's just your word against his.

Originally posted by JimOberg

The Great East Coast UFO of August 1986
James Oberg, Skeptical Inquirer, Volume 10.4, Summer 1986

www.csicop.org...

Now that's more like it

So you were able to explain that the spiral was from the launch of this Japanese Satellite, but what about Aykroyd's claim about all those people that had an urge to go outside and see it? Did you ever interview anyone who claimed to have that urge? Are there any actual reports of this urge other than Aykroyd's story?

edit on 25-3-2011 by freelance_zenarchist because: ♥ ♥ ♥

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

Thanks very much for your contribution buddy!

I'm killing myself laughing here also, how strange that when I write this up,. suddenly you are on my thread.

Errr, is Dan Aykroyd about to show up now for a heated debate?

DAN, are you out there?

I don't discount anything you are saying, its all good information, but I also find it strange that Aykroyd would put his reputation on the line by saying things in tv interviews and documentaries that weren't what he believed to be true. Especially on the topic of UFO's because of how critical people analyze everything. Just look at how people act in this forum.

Now, is there something you haven't told or aren't telling people here on ATS Jim?

James Oberg worked twenty-two years at NASA Mission Control in Houston, specializing in orbital rendezvous, and is now a full-time free-lance consultant, author, speaker, and examiner of space folklore. He is a founding Fellow of CSICOP and a Skeptical Inquirer consulting editor.

Now I HAVE to ask this on behalf of the people, but are you SURE you aren't a disinformation agent on ATS debunking this forum on behalf of your commanding officer?

(Mod note, the above question on behalf of the people is definitely worth applause)

edit on 25-3-2011 by FoxfilesMulder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   

I also find it strange that Aykroyd would put his reputation on the line by saying things in tv interviews and documentaries that weren't what he believed to be true. Especially on the topic of UFO's because of how critical people analyze everything. Just look at how people act in this forum.

His reputation as a comedian and actor?
I'm sure he believes it's true. That doesn't mean he's right.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
If you havent seen this its a great watch

theres like 8 parts... enjoy
Dan Aykroyd Unplugged on UFOs

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Aykroyd said that the Air Force explained-away the spiral as a Chinese rocket exploding over North America, right?

Is there any checkable source -- press, memoir, broadcast, anything -- anywhere on this planet that backs up those claimed "facts"? "Air Force" statement. "Chinese rocket". "Exploded".

Or is Aykroyd's comment all the proof anyone needs that he dreams things up and then sincerely believes they are true, even if not?

It's not one person's opinion against another, fifty-fifty. It's documented, verifiable facts (mine) versus undocumented, unverified, counter-indicated faux-facts (Aykroyd's).

Why shouldn't he say them even if not accurate?

He has judged his target audience perfectly, as all good entertainers do.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Turiddu

If you used HAARP to increase the atmosphere density at say 60,000 feet....you could literally hold down a rocket and keep it from gaining altitude...causing it to sit there and spiral it's tail.

We've got the hand of God now eh?

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius

Originally posted by Turiddu

If you used HAARP to increase the atmosphere density at say 60,000 feet....you could literally hold down a rocket and keep it from gaining altitude...causing it to sit there and spiral it's tail.

We've got the hand of God now eh?

Well, if you are postulating HAARP can increase air density, enough to stop a rocket in its tracks, then it can't have anything to do with the Norway spiral or the Aykroyd story -- those events, by triangulation of eyewitness accounts, occurred far above the atmosphere, in the near vacuum of space. Nothing to 'increase' density of.

Do you want to do the math for this theory? Any number of folks here, me included, would be happy to help.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   

I'm not discounting anything you have said Jim!

I asked for more information, you said what you said and I believe it.

I'm just trying to figure out where Ackroyd is coming from. Maybe he heard on the radio the next day or someone told him in passing they heard on tv that it was a Chinese rocket.

So do you believe this pink spiral and the Norway spiral incident are connected or the phenomena happened because of the same cause?

Also, had you previously thought these two or even other incidents not mentioned were similar?
edit on 26-3-2011 by FoxfilesMulder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

I'm not discounting anything you have said Jim!

I asked for more information, you said what you said and I believe it.

I'm just trying to figure out where Ackroyd is coming from. Maybe he heard on the radio the next day or someone told him in passing they heard on tv that it was a Chinese rocket.

So do you believe this pink spiral and the Norway spiral incident are connected or the phenomena happened because of the same cause?

Also, had you previously thought these two or even other incidents not mentioned were similar?
edit on 26-3-2011 by FoxfilesMulder because: (no reason given)

So your theory is that Ackroyd is credible because he's repeating an unsourced rumor he heard the next day? That's a stretch, seems to me. He doesn't say "I heard...", he says explicitly, "The Air Force SAID..." All other press and memoir accounts from that event are at variance with his claim. ALL that I could find, that is -- so I'm open to disproof by counterexample. But not by idle supposition.

The reason I suspected both events were man-made in origin is that similar manifestations have been seen and recorded around the world since the dawn of the space age and correspond in time, flight direction, and physical causation with documented space and missile events.

The argument against this is based on ignorance -- "WE don't know of any earlier examples". And that argument is clung to by the simple expedient of closing one's mind to any earlier examples. Perfect proof.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Thanks for answering the questions, but you're not listening.

You seem to think I'm attacking you in some way because I myself am "wondering" why Aykroyd said what he said and firmly believes what he said. It's not like I said Aykroyd is right, you are wrong blah blah blah.

I'm free to wonder you know, without apparently discrediting you.

I said I believed what you said, what more do you want, a gold medal?

Again, thanks for answering the questions.

Over and out.
edit on 28-3-2011 by FoxfilesMulder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Thanks for answering the questions, but you're not listening. You seem to think I'm attacking you in some way because I myself am "wondering" why Aykroyd said what he said and firmly believes what he said. It's not like I said Aykroyd is right, you are wrong blah blah blah.

OK, let's concentrate an what we agree on. I'm arguing that we're not helpless in the face of conflicting claims and we don't have to asssign 50-50 probabilities to both sides. If Ackroyd's claim that the AF sid it was an exploding Chinese rocket is true, there should be findable press reports or blog reports even years later, saying it. But there aren't. The only source of those specific memes seems to be Ackroyd's imagination alone.

As to "why" he believes it to be true, when all available checkable evidence is against it, I don't think i'm qualified to productively speculate on his motives or mental processes.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join